• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

12.1 Testnet Testing Phase Two Ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The error above should not cause a exist of the app. Mind to post the last lines in debug.log file?
there is no debug.log file in the bin folder. where might i find it or does it need to be run with command line options?

my windows wallet got stuck at 114527. Earlier today I had it all synced up. my remote dashd clients are up to date (elbereth blockchain explorer)

I guess I'm curious, am I losing the blockchain at random points or are these numbers I'm throwing out coinciding with superblocks?

Last edited:
there is no debug.log file in the bin folder. where might i find it or does it need to be run with command line options?
You should find the debug.log in your dashcore folder, which is hidden. In linux, it's in /home/.dashcore In windows it's usually in appdata/roaming/dashcore

it's generated when you start the wallet for the first time :)

The debug.log file gets stored in your datadir (next to your wallet.dat) - on Windows this is most commonly %APPDATA%\Data

well that might partially explain it . i have dash 12.0 (prod) running already on the machine that doesnt work (and debug.log isnt generated at all when i run the test app)
edit:
I moved the existing dash folder from
C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Dash to C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Dash1
however the test dash-qt.exe still falls over. The folder is not recreated by the test app so there is no debug.log to analyze

Last edited:
well that might partially explain it . i have dash 12.0 (prod) running already on the machine that doesnt work (and debug.log isnt generated at all when i run the test app)
edit:
I moved the existing dash folder from
C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Dash to C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Dash1
however the test dash-qt.exe still falls over. The folder is not recreated by the test app so there is no debug.log to analyze
Usually it is not a problem to have multiple wallets on the same machine.

Thinking more about 12.1: Could you please check for a folder C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Dashcore? We have changed the location in 12.1, so that might be the place to look for...

Usually it is not a problem to have multiple wallets on the same machine.

Thinking more about 12.1: Could you please check for a folder C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\Dashcore? We have changed the location in 12.1, so that might be the place to look for...

Its not there... here is a screenshot...hrm

Attachments

• MWSnap 2016-12-07, 18_39_15.png
    MWSnap 2016-12-07, 18_39_15.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 109
Its not there... here is a screenshot...hrm

Hmm, please try to create a shortcut to dash-qt and add the parameters "-datadir=C:\<PathToAnyDataDir> -testnet=1" and try starting again.

(Ensure that the path is existing, Dash will not create it)

upload_2016-12-7_11-59-36.png

Hmm, please try to create a shortcut to dash-qt and add the parameters "-datadir=C:\<PathToAnyDataDir> -testnet=1" and try starting again.

yep that works. in fact adding *any* of those options results in the app working. eg
dash-qt -datadir=<foo> -testnet=1
dash-qt -testnet=1
dash-qt -datadir=<foo>
but without any args, error as before

yep that works. in fact adding *any* of those options results in the app working. eg
dash-qt -datadir=<foo> -testnet=1
dash-qt -testnet=1
dash-qt -datadir=<foo>
but without any args, error as before
Thanks for reporting, i guess it may be a file/folder permission issue then. I'll keep it in the backlog for testing :)

Have fun on testnet.

The last 2 days i've been getting 'no block source available' on the 12.1 build (run with -testnet)
Thought it might be related to the fact dash.org/forums was down the past 24hrs but now its up again and still getting this error (see image)

Attachments

• MWSnap 2016-12-13, 05_56_49.png
    MWSnap 2016-12-13, 05_56_49.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 102
www.steemjammer.com/share/debug_log.txt

I just upgraded my MNs and my wallet with the funds. My MNs were offline or else on the wrong block, so they had to be reindexed. After finishing downloading the blockchain, I issued masternode debug and both of them said the MN had started successfully, which of course they shouldn't have/couldn't have. They're not on the list either. Why would they state that they've started?

If you want to download my debug log, above is my husband's website and the download is safe as far as I can tell (I don't think the site is infected ;P)

Yeah... the commandline tools are... not the best. And they really need to have a better separation of duties, etc. I often have a "success" only to find that it really isn't.

The tools really need a re-architecture. IMHO

v0.12.1.0-30da3f5

I just tried some mixing between some of my wallets and i came across a lot of session timed out messages and the mixing was not really progressing much.
All my wallets had a re-index because i ran into some sync problems before, they all match blocks now with blockchain explorer https://test.explorer.dash.org/chain/tDash

FYI

I may have forgotten how to use grep ?? Anyway, my MN have been started - automatically (I've been getting payments) and I'm sure they were defunct for many hours before I upgraded to the latest version. Is this a new feature? To automatically start the MN without the wallet that contains the 1000 coins online?

I may have forgotten how to use grep ?? Anyway, my MN have been started - automatically (I've been getting payments) and I'm sure they were defunct for many hours before I upgraded to the latest version. Is this a new feature? To automatically start the MN without the wallet that contains the 1000 coins online?
We consider this to be a bug :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back