• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

12.1 Testnet Testing Phase Two Ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there going to be any improvements to mixing in Dash? Current system is a huge failure. It would almost be better to remove the feature than to keep having a broken feature.

Are there going to be any improvements to mixing in Dash? Current system is a huge failure. It would almost be better to remove the feature than to keep having a broken feature.
Its not working now, but when it is, its fast in v12.1, testnet masternodes are problem currently.

Once everything is stable on Testnet, you should try the option multi-session mixing (its off by default i think in your wallet).

I tried to sync three wallets today after having removed all the .dat files and debug.log
(so its syncing from existing blockchain) and downloading the most recent version on dashpay.atlassian.net
and found a sync problem with one of those three wallets :

v0.12.1.0-1eb399c
Windows 64bit qt wallet

It gets stuck in an endless loop of following message :

Synchronization failed 25% --> Synchronizing sporks 25% --> Synchronizing masternodes goes from 0% to 25% --> Synchronizing masternodes --> Synchronization failed 25%

FYI

I think i will delete whole blockchain and resync from scratch to have this solved.

update : it managed to sync correctly after awhile all by itself, i didnt need to do anything.

Yep, Synchronization failed message is norm at this time, maybe @UdjinM6 can fix/explain this?

Updated my dedicated tMN to v0.12.1.0-1eb399c. Seeing lots of nodes attempting to mix with the old protocol version, but otherwise debug.log is looking pretty healthy. Can make ~2 hours to help test today, but it would be nice to get some direction from the core devs before doing so.

Sync worked ok, no failed message anymore.

Mixing looks promising...
EDIT: nah, does not work.

upload_2016-10-1_21-8-51.png

Last edited:
Here is one. But I end up with Sentinel not being able to talk to MySQL, it 'aborts' the connections from Sentinel.
Fresh Ubuntu 16.04, MN works without issues.
Do you have any output that you could cut & paste here regarding your Sentinel/MySQL connection issues?

Do you have any output that you could cut & paste here regarding your Sentinel/MySQL connection issues?

Test py went ok, cronjob py gave a exception witch bc sql error. MySQL log gave this:

2016-10-06T19:08:19.131810Z 29 [Note] Aborted connection 29 to db: 'sentinel' user: 'sentinel' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2016-10-06T19:08:19.471148Z 30 [Note] Aborted connection 30 to db: 'sentinel' user: 'sentinel' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2016-10-06T19:09:55.041774Z 31 [Note] Aborted connection 31 to db: 'sentinel_test' user: 'sentinel' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2016-10-06T19:09:55.233005Z 32 [Note] Aborted connection 32 to db: 'sentinel_test' user: 'sentinel' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

But it works now. Seems reboot is essential here, as stated in your notes!

Test py went ok, cronjob py gave a exception witch bc sql error. MySQL log gave this:

2016-10-06T19:08:19.131810Z 29 [Note] Aborted connection 29 to db: 'sentinel' user: 'sentinel' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2016-10-06T19:08:19.471148Z 30 [Note] Aborted connection 30 to db: 'sentinel' user: 'sentinel' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2016-10-06T19:09:55.041774Z 31 [Note] Aborted connection 31 to db: 'sentinel_test' user: 'sentinel' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2016-10-06T19:09:55.233005Z 32 [Note] Aborted connection 32 to db: 'sentinel_test' user: 'sentinel' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

But it works now. Seems reboot is essential here, as stated in your notes!
Huh, yeah, that looks like a MySQL thing specifically. When in doubt, reboot! ;-)

Is the 9/21 build in the OP still the most recent test build and the one we should be running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back