• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

11.1 - Dash Wallet

We need to also update the Help-->About Dash Core modal window and replace Darkcoin there as well.

Other than that, everything is working just fine :)

Great Job!

Evan must have 4 clones sitting next to him
how does he do this amount of work
i still do not get it
:wink:

We need to also update the Help-->About Dash Core modal window and replace Darkcoin there as well.

Other than that, everything is working just fine :)

Great Job!
We need update translations in the transifex, but there is old source, so its pending.

Well damn. There goes the neighborhood... I knew others would start moving in eventually, but it still sucks.
I can totally see you telling old stories of the neighborhood to the recently arrived kids and explaining them why you know best. You're gonna love it :)

Win environment:

Copy your wallet.dat to safe location just for sure.
Rename APPDATA\Darkcoin folder -> Dash.
Delete Darkcoin-qt.exe and copy Dash-qt.exe to Dash folder.
Rename darkcoin.conf -> dash.conf if you have one.
Update shortcut if you have one.
Done.

Does this mean, one does not have to download the new wallet?

The renaming actually broke my build server and all associated scripts. The new builds got integrated into my nodes and could not be started there because of the renaming of both, executables, configuration files and configuration folders.
This also breaks any logrotation and app firewall scripts.

One does not simply rename the whole directory structure. :sad:

The renaming actually broke my build server and all associated scripts. The new builds got integrated into my nodes and could not be started there because of the renaming of both, executables, configuration files and configuration folders.

Are your scripts publicly available (open source)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bummer man
sorry to hear !

Does anyone have a quick guide for masternode operators per chance? Is it just as simple as updating the wallet, coins to a new address, point masternode to new vin?

Does anyone have a quick guide for masternode operators per chance? Is it just as simple as updating the wallet, coins to a new address, point masternode to new vin?
Masternoders do not have to do anything yet. However if you'd like to update your remote daemon you just need to download new wallet, stop daemon ("./darkcoind stop"), move datadir ("mv ~/.darkcoin ~/.dash"), rename con file ("mv ~/.dash/darkcoin.conf ~/.dash/dash.conf") and start new daemon executable ("./dashd"). You do not need to move any of your coins at all.

Masternoders do not have to do anything yet. However if you'd like to update your remote daemon you just need to download new wallet, stop daemon ("./darkcoind stop"), move datadir ("mv ~/.darkcoin ~/.dash"), rename con file ("mv ~/.dash/darkcoin.conf ~/.dash/dash.conf") and start new daemon executable ("./dashd"). You do not need to move any of your coins at all.

I actually haven't moved my coins in..um....Since before darksend was implemented with the increased wallet addresses? Figured it was a good enough time to stop procrastinating after 6 months or so.

I'm having a bit of a problem with p2pool on dash core. I'm getting a "check failed - make sure that you're connected to the right darkcoind with --darkcoind-rpc-port! It was working previously. Maybe I should just roll back for now.

I'm having a bit of a problem with p2pool on dash core. I'm getting a "check failed - make sure that you're connected to the right darkcoind with --darkcoind-rpc-port! It was working previously. Maybe I should just roll back for now.
Did you rename your darkcoin.conf to dash.conf?

Back