11.1 - Dash Wallet

Figlmüller

Sep 2, 2014
Vienna, Austria
The renaming actually broke my build server and all associated scripts. The new builds got integrated into my nodes and could not be started there because of the renaming of both, executables, configuration files and configuration folders.
This also breaks any logrotation and app firewall scripts.

One does not simply rename the whole directory structure. :sad:

SirHikmat

Nov 15, 2014
The renaming actually broke my build server and all associated scripts. The new builds got integrated into my nodes and could not be started there because of the renaming of both, executables, configuration files and configuration folders.

Are your scripts publicly available (open source)?

Last edited by a moderator:

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014

Bummer man
sorry to hear !

Stray

May 27, 2014
Does anyone have a quick guide for masternode operators per chance? Is it just as simple as updating the wallet, coins to a new address, point masternode to new vin?

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Does anyone have a quick guide for masternode operators per chance? Is it just as simple as updating the wallet, coins to a new address, point masternode to new vin?
Masternoders do not have to do anything yet. However if you'd like to update your remote daemon you just need to download new wallet, stop daemon ("./darkcoind stop"), move datadir ("mv ~/.darkcoin ~/.dash"), rename con file ("mv ~/.dash/darkcoin.conf ~/.dash/dash.conf") and start new daemon executable ("./dashd"). You do not need to move any of your coins at all.

Stray

May 27, 2014
Masternoders do not have to do anything yet. However if you'd like to update your remote daemon you just need to download new wallet, stop daemon ("./darkcoind stop"), move datadir ("mv ~/.darkcoin ~/.dash"), rename con file ("mv ~/.dash/darkcoin.conf ~/.dash/dash.conf") and start new daemon executable ("./dashd"). You do not need to move any of your coins at all.
I actually haven't moved my coins in..um....Since before darksend was implemented with the increased wallet addresses? Figured it was a good enough time to stop procrastinating after 6 months or so.

webshaun

Jul 8, 2014
NJ
shaun.rieman.biz
I'm having a bit of a problem with p2pool on dash core. I'm getting a "check failed - make sure that you're connected to the right darkcoind with --darkcoind-rpc-port! It was working previously. Maybe I should just roll back for now.

oblox

Aug 6, 2014
I'm having a bit of a problem with p2pool on dash core. I'm getting a "check failed - make sure that you're connected to the right darkcoind with --darkcoind-rpc-port! It was working previously. Maybe I should just roll back for now.
Did you rename your darkcoin.conf to dash.conf?

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
What's the plan, yo?
With 0.11.2.x release they will have to do all the things I described in my earlier post and that are left unquoted in your post ;) i.e. move some things around and start new daemon

thefrog

May 25, 2014
I am having the same problem.
check failed - make sure that you're connected to the right darkcoind with --darkcoind-rpc-port!
.26 wallet from git

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
Great information! Will tweet.

EDIT: Done!
https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi/status/581563764190920705?s=09

webshaun

Jul 8, 2014
NJ
shaun.rieman.biz
Absolutely. When I close the dash client the p2pool message changes. then when i launch dash client again, i start getting the message I specified. I know there is some communication. I'll bet that p2pool needs to be updated. Can someone provide me with a link so I can roll back the windows core client until this name transition has been properly developed?

B

buster

The warning message when you confirm wallet encryption still says you will "LOSE ALL OF YOUR DARKCOINS!" - not sure if you guys saw that or if it's just a slow process, but it might confuse newer folks.

This is an old screen shot but if you try it with a new Dash wallet it says the same thing. Sorry i;m a stickler, will let you know if I find it anywhere else.

AjM

Foundation Member
Jun 23, 2014
Finland
The warning message when you confirm wallet encryption still says you will "LOSE ALL OF YOUR DARKCOINS!" - not sure if you guys saw that or if it's just a slow process, but it might confuse newer folks.

This is an old screen shot but if you try it with a new Dash wallet it says the same thing. Sorry i;m a stickler, will let you know if I find it anywhere else.

This is corrected with new English source, check out:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dash/viewstrings/#en/dash_ents/42357155?q=lose all

Edit: added pic.

Donna

Feb 2, 2017
Win environment:

Copy your wallet.dat to safe location just for sure.
Rename APPDATA\Darkcoin folder -> Dash.
Delete Darkcoin-qt.exe and copy Dash-qt.exe to Dash folder.
Rename darkcoin.conf -> dash.conf if you have one.
Update shortcut if you have one.
Done.
Where do you find wallet.dat? And APPDATA\Darkcoin, etc.
This looks simple enough, except I don't know how to find these items.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Where do you find wallet.dat? And APPDATA\Darkcoin, etc.
This looks simple enough, except I don't know how to find these items.
i just posted some guides into your original post
please check