• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

At this point one has to acknowledge that buying DASH is throwing money away.

The calm before the storm guys. :)

call me then ..... :wink:
bonHXG7.png

The calm before the storm guys. :)
Would Dash be some kind of contrarian currency?
If so, is it a good thing?
This is probably a short term effect of the new budget system and a good chance to buy low.

Most people are unaware of DASH and bear in mind the DASH awareness campaign has just begun. There is a lot of upside from here.

This is probably a short term effect of the new budget system and a good chance to buy low.

I have seen this mentioned a few times in this thread and I thought we were clear we have not sold a single DASH in an exchange. Instead we have worked hard to look for sponsors for all of our initiaves.

I understand the market can be frustrating but the asset that just moves permanently up does not exist. Earlier this year right before the rebrand I remember buying a masternode for 1900.00 USD now I cant do that.

I focus on the fundamentals and investing long term but I also don't expect to always be above water, it takes some vision and risk taking.

I have seen this mentioned a few times in this thread and I thought we were clear we have not sold a single DASH in an exchange. Instead we have worked hard to look for sponsors for all of our initiaves.

I understand the market can be frustrating but the asset that just moves permanently up does not exist. Earlier this year right before the rebrand I remember buying a masternode for 1900.00 USD now I cant do that.

I focus on the fundamentals and investing long term but I also don't expect to always be above water, it takes some vision and risk taking.

Well there is some selling going on as result of the budget system even if indirect assuming some buyers want to buy cheaper OTC. This means those buyers won't buy those amounts from the exchanges which means less buying is going on at the exchanges, which can raise the price.

I don't think this is an issue other then short term perhaps.

Well there is some selling going on as result of the budget system even if indirect assuming some buyers want to buy cheaper OTC. This means those buyers won't buy those amounts from the exchanges which means less buying is going on at the exchanges, which can raise the price.

I don't think this is an issue other then short term perhaps.

Of course there is some selling going on, it is a market, for each of those trades there is also a buyer looking for an entry opportunity into the project. Who knows why the price does what it does, there is no way to tell for sure, but I don't have the expectation that it can always just go up. I would say the Cryptsy situation is a way bigger factor at the moment.

We sell spot so there is no advantage to buy from us and so far we have only sold to a few sponsors some of which did not know how to trade in exchanges and felt more comfortable buying this way. So we have been able to get investors that would otherwise have not joined, and the amount of coins we have to sell is so small compared with the volume of a day that the budget system has nothing to do with the movements.

Of course there is some selling going on, it is a market, for each of those trades there is also a buyer looking for an entry opportunity into the project. Who knows why the price does what it does, there is no way to tell for sure, but I don't have the expectation that it can always just go up. I would say the Cryptsy situation is a way bigger factor at the moment.

We sell spot so there is no advantage to buy from us and so far we have only sold to a few sponsors some of which did not know how to trade in exchanges and felt more comfortable buying this way. So we have been able to get investors that would otherwise have not joined, and the amount of coins we have to sell is so small compared with the volume of a day that the budget system has nothing to do with the movements.
Interesting. Thanks for clarifying things.

Noob trader here. Could someone explain why the price is falling? There are not so many sellers in front of the buying crowd…

Dash_market_depth.png

The way i see it there was one really big dumper that had to leave Dash in a hurry and the price is only just now stabilizing
after that dump shock effect. Give it a few more days ...

I think the whales do not mind the troll. The volume would be better with some troll. If there is no troll, the whales have no excuses to dump at lower price since fewer people are interested in buying at higher price without FUD.

I think the reported volume on coinmarketcap is wrong for DASH. Does it report the volume on shapeshift? My guess would be no.

I think the reported volume on coinmarketcap is wrong for DASH. Does it report the volume on shapeshift? My guess would be no.
As far as I know, Shapeshift just doesn't match orders, they use other exchanges APIs to buy or sell the coins when they need it.

yamada said he's looking to buy 10,000 Dash... maybe he and your friend could make a trade:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/so-what-is-the-exchange-with-the-most-volume-right-now.6481/
Yeah...actually he dumped nearly 40k?!? I told him he should of let me know so I could farm it out for him on here. He's a full time currency trader and makes his living solely from trading...so DASH was volatile enough to make any real money trading...he's wanting to buy back again in feb/mar. I told him that might not work out so well for him...as I don't think the Dash is going to much lower then it is if at all.

Far out, how do you offload 40k Dash without killing the value and his profits in the process?
Many exchanges slowly I suppose.
He dumped it in very some chunks around the clock. On Polo mostly over few weeks. I told him though...goes to show you how many really are interested in being involved with DASH. He did do pretty good though on the BTC volatility that happened...made like a dozen BTC in one day alone...so who am I to mock him if he's doing well. I just don't like trading...so its not my bag.

He dumped it in very some chunks around the clock. On Polo mostly over few weeks. I told him though...goes to show you how many really are interested in being involved with DASH. He did do pretty good though on the BTC volatility that happened...made like a dozen BTC in one day alone...so who am I to mock him if he's doing well. I just don't like trading...so its not my bag.

Well it's awesome that he didn't just dump it all at once in one big "controlled burn™".

So he's mostly responsible (along with rising BTC) for the drop from .01 to .005... He didn't kill us but he sure wounded us! :confused:

Back