• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

At this point one has to acknowledge that buying DASH is throwing money away.

Proteus

At this point it would be foolish of me to think that I am doing anything but throwing my money away by purchasing DASH. I've spent around 5k in the last week alone attempting to protect my existing holdings by reinforcing walls on poloniex. I did this previously on cryptsy. Considering I've focused a lot of liquid resources towards DASH I decided to analyze the trading data from both exchanges (pulled from API). Obviously looking at everything but more importantly the specific trades or combination of trades that are driving the price down.

It's incredibly apparent that there are quite a bit of small to mid level investors very interested in DASH, and are there to soak up volume when they believe there is an opportunity for a strong increase. I thought that the "pre-mine" trolls may be FUDing the small time investors into dumping but absolutely not. Not in most cases. All of the price demolishing trades are being done in chunks of "555" "333" and similar amounts done with market orders, not placing walls or trying to FUD the depth chart in order to get gains (for shorting). This is a specific individual that is looking to cash out as much as they possibly can right now. They're waiting for the 2-3% recovery and right when the market is ripe for an upswing (which means a healthy floor volume) they smack their ridiculous order down wiping out that 2-3% floor.

If this is not EXACTLY what it would look like when someone was trying to dump their pre-mine I have no clue what it is. Someone who actually purchased those DASH would never so carelessly take and create losses. Whale manipulation has been analyzed for years, especially recently on bitcoin charts. This isn't whale manipulation. Whale manipulation would 4x volume and show a 10-15% downtrend. Not 4x volume & 2-5% stable. If this is from the budgeting system, then it is a failed and premature system.

Either way you look at it when you have a 50% price decline in a relatively short period of time amid some of your biggest technological advancements and largest increases in awareness you can be rest assured, you are failing.

Someone is knowingly and carelessly destroying the value of our "holdings" ... I almost never rant or complain on the internet, but I'd be willing to allow others to review the data themselves. There is fuckery going on here.... and I hate fuckery.

Isn't it possible these are miners automatically selling their coins or dev team selling small chunks from the newly created budget fund in order to sustain promotion/development?

As you may know a chunk of all the DASH created by Masternodes now goes to the dev fund.

Yea, again if it's the budgeting system than it is a failed or more specifically pre-mature system. However, the amount and frequency of these large dumps would suggest a much larger holding than what is provided in the budget system or MN payouts.

Yea, again if it's the budgeting system than it is a failed or more specifically pre-mature system. However, the amount and frequency of these large dumps would suggest a much larger holding than what is provided in the budget system or MN payouts.

Well it depends on how many new participants will the promo/dev budget be able to attract as result of promotion and development.

Guess we just don't know how fast this will happen. Could happen in days or months.

it is not
we are doing this a bit more clever than that and are trading off exchanges

I still believe this is hanlab or whoever miner selling their huge income steady off

Maybe I'm looking on the bright side of things, My ore-mine payouts are giving 1.1 dash a day with the current rate, I'm happy.
I don't intend to cash out my dash in the near future.

I think most of us feel the same, and the Evolution system being developed now and the 3300 masternodes show that too ;)

At this point it would be foolish of me to think that I am doing anything but throwing my money away by purchasing DASH. I've spent around 5k in the last week alone attempting to protect my existing holdings by reinforcing walls on poloniex. I did this previously on cryptsy. Considering I've focused a lot of liquid resources towards DASH I decided to analyze the trading data from both exchanges (pulled from API). Obviously looking at everything but more importantly the specific trades or combination of trades that are driving the price down.

It's incredibly apparent that there are quite a bit of small to mid level investors very interested in DASH, and are there to soak up volume when they believe there is an opportunity for a strong increase. I thought that the "pre-mine" trolls may be FUDing the small time investors into dumping but absolutely not. Not in most cases. All of the price demolishing trades are being done in chunks of "555" "333" and similar amounts done with market orders, not placing walls or trying to FUD the depth chart in order to get gains (for shorting). This is a specific individual that is looking to cash out as much as they possibly can right now. They're waiting for the 2-3% recovery and right when the market is ripe for an upswing (which means a healthy floor volume) they smack their ridiculous order down wiping out that 2-3% floor.

If this is not EXACTLY what it would look like when someone was trying to dump their pre-mine I have no clue what it is. Someone who actually purchased those DASH would never so carelessly take and create losses. Whale manipulation has been analyzed for years, especially recently on bitcoin charts. This isn't whale manipulation. Whale manipulation would 4x volume and show a 10-15% downtrend. Not 4x volume & 2-5% stable. If this is from the budgeting system, then it is a failed and premature system.

Either way you look at it when you have a 50% price decline in a relatively short period of time amid some of your biggest technological advancements and largest increases in awareness you can be rest assured, you are failing.

Someone is knowingly and carelessly destroying the value of our "holdings" ... I almost never rant or complain on the internet, but I'd be willing to allow others to review the data themselves. There is fuckery going on here.... and I hate fuckery.

No offence
BUT
keywords as
"fuckery"
"throwing my money away by purchasing DASH"
"I honestly cannot help but to see Evan's face just laughing his ass off hitting the sell button on some couple hundred thousand DASH out of the original 1.5m premine'"
(checking your history / you are using the classic ...onero keywords)
are getting my trolling alarms ringing all over the place
:mad:
:grin:
Busted

No offence
BUT
keywords as
"fuckery"
"I honestly cannot help but to see Evan's face just laughing his ass off hitting the sell button on some couple hundred thousand DASH out of the original 1.5m premine'"
Busted

I don't think he's trolling; he makes some valid arguments. He's looking at it from the perspective of a disinterested investor. The community has a lot of trust in Evan and that is what motivates a lot of us to buy and hold, but if you put this aside, it makes sense to think people who were part of the instamine are cashing out (because of the sheer volume of Dash being dumped). I don't think it's Evan (because it doesn't make sense for him economically) but I agree with most of his reasoning. In all fairness, with the continuous dump, it really is likely you will loose cash by buying Dash right now. I know I've lost money on every single Dash purchase for several months now.

Pablo.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence
BUT
keywords as
"fuckery"
Busted

Are you serious right now?

Honestly, I'm worried and concerned and was attempting to voice that. If you haven't noticed this is a rapidly shifting industry, more so than most. Even in a traditional industry better technology does not always win. There are many factors that attribute to the success of anything. Especially when your business or "solution" is solving a problem the traditional user doesn't even know exists yet. No one likes to lose money, and someone who has owned DASH for a long period of time has watched a continuous decline even when bitcoin is not declining. Eventually we will lose important supporters and if we do, the coin will have a much harder time surviving regardless of technological superiority or inferiority. How effective will the budget be when instead of 60k USD a month its reduced to 10k USD? Also, you should never blindly follow anything. Always question everything. You label me a troll but nothing I have said is unfactual or slanderous. I'm not sure how else I should have communicated and I am sorry that my posts may not follow whatever your own agenda actually is.

In reference to Monero, or being a Monero troll: I thought it was a Mexico branded coin like "AuroraCoin" to Iceland until about 3 weeks ago (no racist?). I have no interest in it or any other Bytecoin fork at the moment. The Monero wallet was easilly the worst and most disfunctional piece of software I've ever installed.... and I'm running Debian lol ... I don't think any Monero endorser would speak those cold truths my friend. DASH is the superior coin, and evolution appears very promising. However, fuckery can and will cause tremendous stress, FUD, and worst of all LOSSES if this doesn't subside soon.

Are you serious right now?

Honestly, I'm worried and concerned and was attempting to voice that. If you haven't noticed this is a rapidly shifting industry, more so than most. Even in a traditional industry better technology does not always win. There are many factors that attribute to the success of anything. Especially when your business or "solution" is solving a problem the traditional user doesn't even know exists yet. No one likes to lose money, and someone who has owned DASH for a long period of time has watched a continuous decline even when bitcoin is not declining. Eventually we will lose important supporters and if we do, the coin will have a much harder time surviving regardless of technological superiority or inferiority. How effective will the budget be when instead of 60k USD a month its reduced to 10k USD? Also, you should never blindly follow anything. Always question everything. You label me a troll but nothing I have said is unfactual or slanderous. I'm not sure how else I should have communicated and I am sorry that my posts may not follow whatever your own agenda actually is.

In reference to Monero, or being a Monero troll: I thought it was a Mexico branded coin like "AuroraCoin" to Iceland until about 3 weeks ago (no racist?). I have no interest in it or any other Bytecoin fork at the moment. The Monero wallet was easilly the worst and most disfunctional piece of software I've ever installed.... and I'm running Debian lol ... I don't think any Monero endorser would speak those cold truths my friend. DASH is the superior coin, and evolution appears very promising. However, fuckery can and will cause tremendous stress, FUD, and worst of all LOSSES if this doesn't subside soon.

Do you honestly expect people here to believe that you are investing 5k in Dash "just in a week" after leaving this kind of vitriol about Evan dumping his "premine" LOL

It's quite obvious who you are from the Monero thread with the specific phrases and lingo you are using, please, this is so pathetic, save yourself the embarrassment and go back to trolling BCT.

Do you honestly expect people here to believe that you are investing 5k in Dash "just in a week" after leaving this kind of vitriol about Evan dumping his "premine" LOL

It's quite obvious who you are from the Monero thread with the specific phrases and lingo you are using, please, this is so pathetic, save yourself the embarrassment and go back to trolling BCT.

There really is no point in me continuing to post at this point. This went from a discussion to a full retard "point and accuse" session. Labeling every person who voices distress or makes a negative comment as a "BCT/Monero Troll" might be a lot easier than actually addressing an issue, but it won't get this community very far. However, I think I'll take a step back (as requested apparently) and see how this one plays out. Good luck guys. I'm definitely still rooting for DASH to be successful.

There really is no point in me continuing to post at this point. This went from a discussion to a full retard "point and accuse" session. Labeling every person who voices distress or makes a negative comment as a "BCT/Monero Troll" might be a lot easier than actually addressing an issue, but it won't get this community very far. However, I think I'll take a step back (as requested apparently) and see how this one plays out. Good luck guys. I'm definitely still rooting for DASH to be successful.

Actually we can clear this up pretty easily - you claim to have invested 5k in Dash last week. If you can just take a screen shot of the order book on whichever exchange it was, you can backup your claim, and I would of course apologize for making a mistake.

So, can you show some evidence that you really did spend 5k on Dash last week?

Although I also heard trolling alarms, I can see a trader feeling this way. It frustrates me to see people investing in obvious scams like Monero et al, which have no future other than stagnation. But those investors aren't interested in progress, they're hoping to ride waves. If it is the mind coins from the original miners being dumped (which I highly doubt, because I'm sure they were dumped long ago) then for my point of view, that's great, it means better distribution and the laws of entropy are working like a charm. But this comes from someone who has nothing to lose really, and doesn't trade. I see everything from the point of view of wanting to make a change in the world, and seeing this as one way of doing it.

I personally don't like "buy walls" and "bots" etc... which spoil the clean view of where things really are at. But I don't even know enough about trading stocks or otherwise to know if they make an actual impact or even possibly help smooth out volatility? I've been trying to learn since entering this space, but frankly there have been fewer predictions made that turned out correct than not, so I'm not putting too much faith in any predictions, LOL.

Bitcoin "seems" to be making in-roads in northern Europe, but I don't see anyone around me who is remotely interested in Bitcoin or any coin. They can't comprehend any of it. There are so few people in this space and we're so far from adoption at this point, all we're doing is trading amongst ourselves in hopes we can squeeze a little bit more out of each other.

Dash will take, in my opinion, at least another year to two years to make it's system easy enough to use and begin having services that rival the existing status quo. And it'll have to be a huge money saver (say at least 3%), enough to start making headway into the general population. And that's if the rest of us work like heck to crack the nut of adoption avenues.

Anyway, if you've hit the point where you feel you shouldn't invest, you shouldn't invest anymore. And you shouldn't try to "prop up" the market unless you like to play games, because it's probably not helping anything in the long run. Either Dash has the promise that brings interest and investment, or it doesn't. And those in the market right now are fickle and indecisive.

You guys are going too far. Anyone who has any doubts about dash is a monero troll now! So what will be next? Deleting posts?

Supply and demand. Over supply and the value goes down!
Ok, the value drops more, everyone yells "the sky is falling" run.
The value drops more, More screams of doom and gloom "get out while you can"
Suddenly, Dash is trading at dangerously low levels.
Pump and Dump. Slowly increase your holdings, get a few buddies with some bucks, spread the rumour, spend some dollars, buy like crazy and when everyone is going "shit, I'm going to miss the boat, its finally taking off I need to sell a kidney.

We all know this game as I'm sure we have all been burnt before.

Remember, the Chinese market is massive. Someone may have needed to buy a new Rolex.
Evan wanting to have a laugh, I don't think so. This Dash thing is a great gig and an opportunity to find that special ah ha button. Ever heard of Steve Jobs?
Anyone else having a look at Litecoin at the moment?
Honestly, Dash is the envy of many other coins. Dash (in my opinion) shares way to much under the bonnet stuff openly.
It will be open to attacks.
I'm not concerned in the least and I'm an investor with a long term goal.

Isn't it possible these are miners automatically selling their coins or dev team selling small chunks from the newly created budget fund in order to sustain promotion/development?

As you may know a chunk of all the DASH created by Masternodes now goes to the dev fund.
Budget coins has OTC so they are not being dumped on the exchange.

If as Proteus reasons, this is first day miners dumping their holdings, it doesn't make sense to me because 2 times since January 2014, there has been excellent opportunities to get rid of their (presumed) substantial holdings with high volume, the most recent was when bitcoin hit $316 and Dash at $5, if they are such good traders why not do it then? (also distribution chart suggests more even spread)

And why dump now before the Evolution rollout and the Miami conference in January, why not wait some good news and sell on that?
apart from the reasons already mentioned like the funding from the blockchain (unlikely, volume wise), these are what I see,

a) guy has multiple masternodes has a load of bills,unexpected circumstances or silently bails on the project.
b) the price of bitcoin encourages sales
c) deliberate price manipulation downwards for reasons unknown(hidden nefarious whale shark), or hoping to buy back in at a lower price using creeping sell walls?
d) low volume makes the price more sensitive to small dumpings
e) there is always continuous downwards pressure from miners/masternoders selling, this must be balanced by new buyers or else there will be a negative buy/sell ratio.

Back