• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Logo Contest

This is the one I prefer, it is supposed to be #6 in the OP, but I don't think you can see it clearly in OP. So support it if you like it:

A bit like GASH :)

It is pity but they are all not perfect :(

I feel that in a future we will change design anyway (it is easy than changing name - it is good news) :)

Variant n
png_base6411d9eb50730466592.png

I always wonder (in current logo):

Why do you like A without dash? Is it a kind of fashion and widely used in English?
Is there any specific story about A without dash that foreigners doesn't know?

In Cyrillic there is such a letter "Л" (sounds like L) - and it is not A. :)

Sorry for off topic.

<devil's advocate>
Is this list final? Love to see some additional ideas. Didn't alex post a "bounty site" for budding designers?
</devil's advocate>

With six designs we already have about 100 different opinions... At most we should add Pille's original and aaxx1503's combination of that and 6 then have a vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever this becomes mainstream a currency should be able to be written on paper with a symbol like $ and € etc.

Therefore please consider using a letter D which can be written on paper like logo 1 or (5 and 6)

My vote would have to be for this one but only if the gap in the A is removed. It's fairly simple and looks good. All the other ones are either too busy or trying to hard to be futuristic.

Edit: Been here holding since early March last year but I don't post all that much and won't have 300 posts for a while. Guess it's time to join the foundation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amongst the current choices I do like this one. But without the additional line in the D. It makes it look like an inverted "G" and not an inverted C which is more approiate for Digital "Cash" . I mean the D literally has a DASH in it! If it's gonna be called Dash and you just show the D at some point it's perfect to have a dash in it.

4Wt3j3z.png
Modified version without the vertical line in the D

To summarize my opinion - The D with the dash in it is Iconic, it defines the brand , the rest just need to be clean and strong letters with no fancy arrows or symbols.

Edit: Just want to mention that if you make the Dash inside the D too short - It looks like an Inverted "E" which is also no good.

kRNTsA3.png

Edit #2 - It also makes it look way less speedy and quick! With the long Dash in the D it looks like it's moving fast.

^^^^^^^ This!!!!

H-NpqjS2m58Q_axw78A8gWLTkxI4Vx_WqKJ474ZPubTQtlBgOLQ3CCwZ_3uoBYdDYpEuOwmIsv5AgAPpplqZI7c5XKmk1oLoIucOWJZYTcJ8gdid6zH0ai7oVcpF1HMyotcRJCE

Something about the bottom of the D on 6 looks very awkward. Try drawing it freehand like you are doing a whiteboard presentation.

For me, the choice is number 1.

I love implication that first letter "D" can be seen/read as "C" ... I am not sure how to obtain this, but so far the best logo I've seen is this one, as with some of the other renders first letter almost looks "G" ...
7LNcIPu.png

On this upper logo I dont quite like that line in "D" - reminds me too much on ON/OFF symbol... But what if we do it like this:

NWieeaE.png
?

Back