• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

Guys, does V12 use more memory than V11? My instances are slower than cold molasses. If so, what is the the recommended minimum memory for V12?
Thanks.
Instances are slow? - You mean MNs (on sever)? That's a good question Tao... someone (not me) should know the answer.

If you want to send all of your mined coins to another wallet without touching the masternode vins, they're already locked but to make sure, click on the button "Select All", like from this screenshot:

Masternode inputs are locked now, you can even run Darksend on the wallet, just don't restart the masternodes while DS is running.

But why remove the donations feature? I don't want to have to manually move funds, there are many other uses for this besides donating, as stated by thesolarminer. What about the instances where MN operators manage other users coins? Those other users might be used to seeing funds mined straight to them -- now they have to trust that the MN operator will send them, and not forget/be on-time, etc. Many uses for this feature.

But why remove the donations feature? I don't want to have to manually move funds, there are many other uses for this besides donating, as stated by thesolarminer. What about the instances where MN operators manage other users coins? Those other users might be used to seeing funds mined straight to them -- now they have to trust that the MN operator will send them, and not forget/be on-time, etc. Many uses for this feature.

Donations was a popular feature, a good place to chime in on this is here: https://github.com/dashpay/dash/issues/528

I do not know why, except that now we're having the budget system implemented, we don't have to depend on donations to pay for our devs, projects, marketing.. etc. and maybe that is why this donation feature is abolished. But I agree it is a nice feature to have, and i'm sure some of us still would like to donate some of our MN rewards to a favorite dev. I'm sure the devs will look into your request on github.

I do not know why, except that now we're having the budget system implemented, we don't have to depend on donations to pay for our devs, projects, marketing.. etc. and maybe that is why this donation feature is abolished. But I agree it is a nice feature to have, and i'm sure some of us still would like to donate some of our MN rewards to a favorite dev. I'm sure the devs will look into your request on github.
As far as I understand it was a security concern. Making it OK for the payments to go to a different address could open unexpected attack vectors, that is what I gathered but I am sure eduffield can clarify.

dash-cli masternode debug
Not capable masternode: Could not find suitable coins!

setup is cold-wallet.

again, cannot start masternode, and the 1000 dash is untouchable in the 0-address.
but there are multiple vins and vouts in there also.

update: again, changed the IP and generated a new key, so it started.

Last edited by a moderator:
In previous (v11) releases the "masternode.conf" file was always placed in the same folder as the wallet-QT. Now with v12 it seems that there's a "masternode.conf" file in both the wallet-QT folder and the data folder.

The one in the wallet-QT folder is the one I used with v11, it has things like my privkey and Masternode address. The (new) one in the data folder has some default values, or well.. I never edit that file.

So, what to do with any of them? Could that be the cause for my Masternodes dropping offline/not starting properly?

dash-cli masternode debug
Not capable masternode: Could not find suitable coins!

setup is cold-wallet.

again, cannot start masternode, and the 1000 dash is untouchable in the 0-address.
but there are multiple vins and vouts in there also.

update: again, changed the IP and generated a new key, so it started.

Don't trust that message, it rarely is correct. It's the "last" message, and because of reindexing, doesnt know coins exist, and does this.

Type "masternode status" (new command) and look for status 4.

Also look for the Pings in debug.log (that means you're broadcasting to the network - happens roughly once a minute).

Looks like some people are running pre-0.12.0.44 masternodes as I see 70102 protocol in the list. Is this just to help bridge the migration?

Code:
echo "updated=$( dash-cli masternodelist protocol | grep 7010[23] | wc -l ); total=float( $( dash-cli masternode count ) ); print(\"%.2f%% (%d/%d)\" % (100 * updated/total, updated, total))" | python2

to get an idea of the % of MNs upgraded.

It's a bit confusing. If I use the official 0.12.0.44 linux 64 release, I'm running with protocol version 70102. If I use the last 0.12.0.44 from testnet, I get protocol version 70103. So which version is the right one for mainnet now?

Edit: The windows release version is on 70103, the linux 64 bit isn't.

General remark:
After updating from v11 to v12 Masternodes drop off the list after 70 minutes...restarting them from the cold wallet fixes this.

I have one where this doesn't work, I'll investigate later.

After updating from v11 to v12 Masternodes drop off the list after 70 minutes
Have had mn's drop out twice after about 70-80 minutes
Same for me. After restarting they appear in ./dash-cli masternodelist full as ENABLED, then as EXPIRED and then dissapear.
./dash-cli masternode status on both hot and cold wallets at all the moments shows smth like
{
"vin" : "CTxIn(COutPoint(0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, 4294967295), coinbase )",
"service" : "goodmnip:9999",
"status" : 3,
"pubKeyMasternode" : "XkdxDim3T4NsBH5Tij8TRwNNJA47qtujj7", <- dunno what is it
"notCapableReason" : "Could not find suitable coins!"
}
Is it because unable to "sync masternodes list" and will it fix itself after the whole network updated?

General remark:
After updating from v11 to v12 Masternodes drop off the list after 70 minutes...restarting them from the cold wallet fixes this.

I have one where this doesn't work, I'll investigate later.
Same here, one for the life of me will not start.

Can anyone please confirm that now the masternode 1000 is locked, we can safely anonymise other coins in the wallet without disturbing the 1000 set aside for the MN?

Can anyone please confirm that now the masternode 1000 is locked, we can safely anonymise other coins in the wallet without disturbing the 1000 set aside for the MN?
Yes. Masternodes are locked. You can run DS on your mn wallet, but DO NOT restart your Masternodes while DS is running.
If you're not sure preferably i'd suggest you to run DS on a different wallet with no MNs.

Back