• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.2.x Testing

Hah! Wallet synced and now 190 is ok too! Guess that's smth with that "out of sync" label...
:smile:

btw what do you think about dashed :rolleyes: progress bar?

QWidget.QFrame#frameDarksend#formLayoutWidget.QProgressBar#darksendProgress::chunk{
background-color:#3398CC;
width:4px;
margin:0.5px;
}

View attachment 1202

I think it looks great, however it will be inconsistent with the sync progressbar. And if I remember correctly there's some explicit coding to avoid the dashing there (some OS do dashing by default) to make the percentage number better visible.

I played around with this idea right when I was getting started on the Overview Page, but unfortunately it's not feasible to get the alignment set up the way you showed in your mockup. The positioning of these elements is really tricky due to the fact that these labels are held in two separate containers. The positioning + size of both of these containers cannot be directly adjusted through CSS. There is a hard-coded margin between the two that unfortunately make it impossible to bring the Darksend label close enough to the Total Balance label to make it flow like that.

Needless to say, there's way more than meets the eye on the Overview page :smile:
Np, just suggesting but maybe some day, or more better, users can design their own themes.

I see what you did there -- it only took me a couple reads to get it lol :wink:

personally I think it looks okay, but I think would prefer the solid progress bar.
I think it looks great, however it will be inconsistent with the sync progressbar. And if I remember correctly there's some explicit coding to avoid the dashing there (some OS do dashing by default) to make the percentage number better visible.
Ok, np, maybe we can just make chunks smaller? (it's 10px now and it's huge imo)

I played around with this idea right when I was getting started on the Overview Page, but unfortunately it's not feasible to get the alignment set up the way you showed in your mockup. The positioning of these elements is really tricky due to the fact that these labels are held in two separate containers. The positioning + size of both of these containers cannot be directly adjusted through CSS. There is a hard-coded margin between the two that unfortunately make it impossible to bring the Darksend label close enough to the Total Balance label to make it flow like that.

Needless to say, there's way more than meets the eye on the Overview page :smile:
Did someone just say impossible?...:rolleyes: hmmm... I like that word :wink:

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 23.24.51.png

Code:
diff --git a/src/qt/res/css/drkblue.css b/src/qt/res/css/drkblue.css
index e8c7033..4b171b7 100755
--- a/src/qt/res/css/drkblue.css
+++ b/src/qt/res/css/drkblue.css
@@ -767,18 +767,19 @@ qproperty-minimumSize: 451px 330px;
}
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend QWidget {
-qproperty-geometry: rect(10 0 431 22);
+qproperty-geometry: rect(10 0 431 35);
}
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend .QLabel#label_2 { /* Darksend Header */
qproperty-alignment: 'AlignVCenter | AlignRight';
min-width:230px;
-color:#3398CC;
+background-color:#56ABD8;
+color:#fff;
margin-right:5px;
padding-right:5px;
font-weight:bold;
font-size:16px;
-min-height:22px;
+min-height:35px;
}
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend .QLabel#labelDarksendSyncStatus { /* Darksend Sync Status */
@@ -787,7 +788,7 @@ margin-left:20px;
}
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend #formLayoutWidget {
-qproperty-geometry: rect(10 38 451 175);
+qproperty-geometry: rect(10 51 451 175);
}
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend #formLayoutWidget > .QLabel {

Reactions: AjM
Actually we built a version which loads external (changeable by users) themes for our testing, but for security reasons we decided to publish only wallets with built-in themes.
And I'm recompiling all the way... :confused: sigh...:grin::grin:

Actually we built a version which loads external (changeable by users) themes for our testing, but for security reasons we decided to publish only wallets with built-in themes.
Maybe we should organize theme contest with external (changeable by users) themes and
then include TOP10 themes to dash-qt, like it is now, problem solved.

Maybe we should organize theme contest with external (changeable by users) themes and
then include TOP10 themes to dash-qt, like it is now, problem solved.
I think it's a really good idea actually! crowning how about including this functionality (to pick external themes) for -debug switch only for example? I'd love to stop recompiling every time I change few lines in css :grin:

Reactions: AjM
Or there can be special dash-qt version which does not have any networking feature,
its only purpose it is theme design, making and testing.

I think it's a really good idea actually! crowning how about including this functionality (to pick external themes) for -debug switch only for example? I'd love to stop recompiling every time I change few lines in css :grin:

If Evan agrees to this (loading external files really IS a big security hole, we would have to sanitize the whole shebang and even then Qt's CSS-parser could have a bug) I can do this, no problem.

But for now let's wait until the new wallet is "official" and all theme-issues are fixed.

Ok, np, maybe we can just make chunks smaller? (it's 10px now and it's huge imo)

Did someone just say impossible?...:rolleyes: hmmm... I like that word :wink:

View attachment 1203

Code:
index e8c7033..4b171b7 100755
@@ -767,18 +767,19 @@ qproperty-minimumSize: 451px 330px;
}
}
}
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend .QLabel#labelDarksendSyncStatus { /* Darksend Sync Status */
}
+qproperty-geometry: rect(10 51 451 175);
}

LOL - uneven margins alert! :eek:

That's what I ended up with as well when I was playing around with it but couldn't move forward; my OCD tendencies wouldn't allow the uneven spacing between labels :wink:. I've got a way around that actually but I've placed it on the back-burner as it's definitely a "next level" type of thing. It involves a cleaned up overviewpage.ui file that unchains us from the default QT layout :grin:

LOL - uneven margins alert! :eek:

That's what I ended up with as well when I was playing around with it but couldn't move forward; my OCD tendencies wouldn't allow the uneven spacing between labels :wink:. I've got a way around that actually but I've placed it on the back-burner as it's definitely a "next level" type of thing. It involves a cleaned up overviewpage.ui file that unchains us from the default QT layout :grin:
I have no idea what is "uneven margins" or "uneven spacing between labels" you are talking about tbh... Mind placing some arrows over that image? :wink:

The arrows need flipped

incoming is downloading
and
outgoing is uploading

I have no idea what is "uneven margins" or "uneven spacing between labels" you are talking about tbh... Mind placing some arrows over that image? :wink:

Sure :smile:

I don't know if other people see this stuff, but there's three different vertical margins which are pointed at below. It just feels out of balance to me - like I said, I have layout OCD :grin:

mSaWUo5.png

Sure :smile:

I don't know if other people see this stuff, but there's three different vertical margins which are pointed at below. It just feels out of balance to me - like I said, I have layout OCD :grin:

mSaWUo5.png
Oh... I thought it's a feature :grin:

EDIT: not to be fooled by that smile, I really did :smile:
To me it's like 1) an end of a paragraph, 2) a space between a header and next paragraph itself and 3) a common space between rows inside a paragraph

EDIT2: edited multiple times for readability :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... I thought it's a feature :grin:

EDIT: not to be fooled by that smile, I really did :smile:
To me it's like 1) an end of a paragraph, 2) a space between a header and next paragraph itself and 3) a common space between rows inside a paragraph

EDIT2: edited multiple times for readability :)

I love design conversations, always two sides to the same coin -- what you're saying makes sense though. What's really strange is that your edits render perfectly symmetrically on my dev VM? In any case, if Crowning is on board and others agree I'd support making a pull request for that update. Looks nice :smile:

1vJSATs.png

we can actually make #2 & #3 equal (not sure about exact number but you get the idea)
Code:
qproperty-geometry: rect(10 48 451 175);
}
Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 3.34.12.png

and also need some space for message so need to fix few more things (here are full changes so far)
Code:
index e8c7033..51fd896 100755
@@ -763,22 +763,23 @@ margin-left:16px;
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend { /* Darksend Widget */
background-color:transparent;
-qproperty-minimumSize: 451px 330px;
+qproperty-minimumSize: 451px 340px;
}
}
}
}
+qproperty-geometry: rect(10 48 451 175);
}
@@ -869,7 +871,7 @@ QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend #formLayoutWidget .QLabel#labelSubmittedDenom { /*
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend .QLabel#darksendStatus { /* Darksend Status Notifications */
qproperty-alignment: 'AlignVCenter | AlignCenter';
-qproperty-geometry: rect(70 213 395 34);
+qproperty-geometry: rect(70 223 395 34);
font-size:11px;
color:#818181;
}
@@ -890,7 +892,7 @@ qproperty-geometry: rect(0 0 0 0);
}
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend .QPushButton#toggleDarksend { /* Start Darksend Mixing */
-qproperty-geometry: rect(115 255 295 40);
+qproperty-geometry: rect(115 265 295 40);
font-size:17px;
color:#ffffff;
@@ -905,7 +907,7 @@ QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend .QPushButton#toggleDarksend:hover {
}
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend .QPushButton#darksendAuto { /* Try Mix Button */
-qproperty-geometry: rect(120 301 140 25);
+qproperty-geometry: rect(120 311 140 25);
background-color:qlineargradient(x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: .01 #f6f6f6, stop: .1 rgba(250, 250, 250, 128), stop: .95 rgba(250, 250, 250, 255), stop: 1 #ebebeb);
border:1px solid #d2d2d2;
color:#616161;
@@ -924,7 +926,7 @@ border:1px solid #9e9e9e;
}
QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend .QPushButton#darksendReset { /* Reset Button */
-qproperty-geometry: rect(265 301 140 25);
+qproperty-geometry: rect(265 311 140 25);
background-color:qlineargradient(x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: .01 #f6f6f6, stop: .1 rgba(250, 250, 250, 128), stop: .95 rgba(250, 250, 250, 255), stop: 1 #ebebeb);
border:1px solid #d2d2d2;
color:#616161;

[email protected] :)

are you sure you are on latest version? that was a known issue and should be fixed now...
I really hope we get to the bottom of this issue. Multiple large users and exchanges are having issues with this piece of our wallet and it needs to be addressed. People should be able to have 50mb files. Exchanges need to be able to. We can't have an exchange not using our core code and instead using darkcoil or something cause this bug exist's.

Edit: Had a convo with bittrex-ritchie about how poorly our wallet has performed for him on that exchange to the point where they don't even run our core wallet only darkcoil. If this exchange is having issues we should listen. I'm sure others would be having issues too.

we can actually make #2 & #3 equal (not sure about exact number but you get the idea)
Code:
qproperty-geometry: rect(10 48 451 175);
}

Those changes all look good to me but I think we should leave this one as you had it before

Code:
qproperty-geometry: rect(10 51 451 175);
}

Looks much more balanced on Linux (and hopefully Windows)

oDNpJKB.png

I love design conversations, always two sides to the same coin -- what you're saying makes sense though. What's really strange is that your edits render perfectly symmetrically on my dev VM? In any case, if Crowning is on board and others agree I'd support making a pull request for that update. Looks nice :smile:

1vJSATs.png
Please do, but use translated string, not hard coded.

Edit: added word do.

Back