• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.2.x Testing

Thanks guys, I know I'm asking too many questions, it comes out of me when I don't have the chance to research, LOL. In and out of the thread... Ugh. Thanks for your patience! and links, and answers!

Thanks guys, I know I'm asking too many questions, it comes out of me when I don't have the chance to research, LOL. In and out of the thread... Ugh. Thanks for your patience! and links, and answers!

I can not re-produce this with Ubuntu running in VirtualBox.

Before I install VMware (what I want to avoid): 1280x800 for full-screen is already not that much....could it be that the resized window is just too small for the wallet?

The minimum requirement for the wallet is 960x585. If your window is smaller some parts will be missing of course. If your resize it to something bigger the wallet should automatically adjust until it's fully visible.

Can you please check the window size?

I just fired up 11.2.12 and it seems fine now! (skipped 11).
Windows size definitely over QT minimum requirement. I reproduced the issue with v.10 just to check

Well done guys!

Not a safety thing, a stack thing. If you replay a previous stack position, you lose the rest of the stack.
To demonstrate, in debug console, type:
1<enter>
2<enter>
3<enter>
4<enter>
up/down arrows show all four commands.
re-run #2 (up-up-enter)
up/down arrows show only commands 1 and 2.

Seems to be an old bug, v0.11.1.x already showed this. But it needs to be fixed one day :smile:
Code:
  // Truncate history from current position
  history.erase(history.begin() + historyPtr, history.end());
  // Append command to history
  history.append(cmd);

Edit: just checked, it's explicitly implemented this way. eduffield , we got this from Bitcoin v0.9.x, it's fixed in Bitcoin v0.10.x. Can I apply this fix here as well or do we wait until the re-branding is done?

Edit^2: done, see https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/pull/275. I figured it's faster to fix than to wait for Evan's answer
whistling.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
snogcel crowning
this https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoi...ab2#diff-fab8c6126918d11b507a6c979d8cf4f2R684
breaks UI for me
View attachment 1199

EDIT: changed back to 175px to verify and it works fine. 190px doesn't work for me.

Was on the same track and just pushed https://github.com/snogcel/darkcoin/commit/e18b2bdd4b96e3d8995a39e4847e3fccfb38db68 - can you please identify the max suitable width and create a pull request? This provides more space for the available balance text. I would but I have to go to work in a few minutes (and only have access to linux dev environment for testing)

Was on the same track and just pushed https://github.com/snogcel/darkcoin/commit/e18b2bdd4b96e3d8995a39e4847e3fccfb38db68 - can you please identify the max suitable width and create a pull request? This provides more space for the available balance text. I would but I have to go to work in a few minutes (and only have access to linux dev environment for testing)

I can do this later today, no problem.

UdjinM6 , is this Russian locale? Man, the Russian translation for "out of sync" really is long. Qt's automatic alignment feature is a bitch sometimes.
Which OS? Is it reproducible with Linux or Windows?

Edit:
Hah! Wallet synced and now 190 is ok too! Guess that's smth with that "out of sync" label...

Yep, but it also should look good while syncing :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
New Wallet today? or delay

If delay - take your time :p

You know the rules - don't hurry :-D

I've been running the link from moocowmoo since yesterday, and just noticed it says it's version 0.11.2.11

I'm running test on windows, so is this the latest? I can try compiling, but I'm pretty bad at it, LOL, and end up sometimes not getting there in the end, and since I'm not around long, I"d rather just download binaries ;P

:smile:

btw what do you think about dashed :rolleyes: progress bar?

QWidget.QFrame#frameDarksend#formLayoutWidget.QProgressBar#darksendProgress::chunk{
background-color:#3398CC;
width:4px;
margin:0.5px;
}

View attachment 1202

I see what you did there -- it only took me a couple reads to get it lol :wink:

personally I think it looks okay, but I think would prefer the solid progress bar.

crowning snogcel
Bump, example included.

I played around with this idea right when I was getting started on the Overview Page, but unfortunately it's not feasible to get the alignment set up the way you showed in your mockup. The positioning of these elements is really tricky due to the fact that these labels are held in two separate containers. The positioning + size of both of these containers cannot be directly adjusted through CSS. There is a hard-coded margin between the two that unfortunately make it impossible to bring the Darksend label close enough to the Total Balance label to make it flow like that.

Needless to say, there's way more than meets the eye on the Overview page :smile:

Back