• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

STOP Quoting the BCT Trolls !!

I see that many of Dash members are still wasting their time talking to the trolls on bitcointalk.... Why, tungfa?!!
We need more people like "old c coder":

View attachment 1743

Btw... I was afraid the BCT thread might be shut down so I saved his post on pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/BrU2U06L
And Udjin has the answer as usual: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12126483#msg12126483

Why .... no comment why !
(as i might start swearing :mad:)

Honestly this is all we can do
community is community and we can NOT dictate to anybody how to behave !
if they have to knock themselves out with quoting and talking to trolls,
so be it unfortunately, with threads like this we can only create awareness and try to push them in the 'right' direction.
but that is all we can do !
:sad:

Why .... no comment why !
(as i might start swearing :mad:)

Honestly this is all we can do
community is community and we can NOT dictate to anybody how to behave !
if they have to knock themselves out with quoting and talking to trolls,
so be it unfortunately, with threads like this we can only create awareness and try to push them in the 'right' direction.
but that is all we can do !
:sad:
I know... I was just talking, not really asking you why.. lol...
Btw, bitcointalk is down from where i'm sitting. I hope it's down for a few days to get these people off their nasty screens.

I have problems with BCT since days, barely open on my computer, works better on my phone (where i do not manage to log in) :what:

I'm just wondering how to make the forum more interesting to attract more discussion here, especially from BCT.

Looking at it on the homepage, General Discussion seems the only major thread for non-technical people

Does anyone know, are there plans to add new sections? LIke a section for the Budget system and the kind of projects that will be going on, adoption, merchants? Maybe I didn't find these sections yet.

I'm just wondering how to make the forum more interesting to attract more discussion here, especially from BCT.

Looking at it on the homepage, General Discussion seems the only major thread for non-technical people

Does anyone know, are there plans to add new sections? LIke a section for the Budget system and the kind of projects that will be going on, adoption, merchants? Maybe I didn't find these sections yet.

we had these sections discussions many times already
and all agreed that we have enough !
start a thread regarding Budgeting for example here :
https://dashtalk.org/forums/development-tech-discussion.8/

or any other discussion is welcome, find your section , or do it under 'General"
:wink:

it is holiday season, so all a bit slow here these days

we had these sections discussions many times already
and all agreed that we have enough !
start a thread regarding Budgeting for example here :
https://dashtalk.org/forums/development-tech-discussion.8/

or any other discussion is welcome, find your section , or do it under 'General"

it is holiday season, so all a bit slow here these days

OK thanks.

I'm just giving neutral feedback as a new user who didn't spend much time here yet. I'm saying it's hard to find sections you would assume would be front page without having to look through generic threads :D

I will have a look for some relevant threads where this has been discussed already and have a look, cheers :D

tungfa, please don't develop hypertension over this :tongue: You're way too cool. Anyway, reminding is important, but it's almost impossible to enforce mein Freund von mir!

One thing is to fuel a troll to make a spam fest, the other is people genuinly not be able to contain themselves because of the importance of the matter. Like Otoh did today. Let trolls make a fool of themselves by ignoring them, absolutely do NOT engage with them, but its impossible for everyone to just turn their back.

The silly thing is that trolls actually promote Dash within the community. Those silly vermins keep the tread up at the top, and with each advancement in this project, they become ever more desperate, and it shows plain as day to anyone with half a brain. So in essence, they are actually helping.

Rule of thumb... Do not quote troll, worse, don't feed trolls.

Above all, don't develop hypertension over it :eek: Starting with the pathetic moderation over there. That gets to me more than the trolls!

I always snip out their comments so those of you that have them blocked don't have to read their dribble. But what is happening with 3 of those individuals is beyond plane trolling. I can't contribute to coding...so I can only try to keep the record straight. I feel very close to this project as I've been here since the beginning and I hate seeing those couple of individuals drag people on here through mud and call out their character...especially Evan. I've ignored all but the pseudo dev and he is now on ignore too...but I think there should be a couple of paragraph statement that deals with the main troll points that I can keep bumping forward.

why this matters...I've had 3 people in the last couple of weeks that I've talk about DASH and asked them to look into it as they were wondering why I'm promoting it...and guess what couple of them said after doing some poking around? they heard that DASH is a scam. ?!? They dont remember where they had seen it...as I asked them where they got that from, That really was really annoying..here I am I am trying to promote DASH and when people look into it...they get miss information. That is why it matters....

Last edited by a moderator:
I always snip out their comments so those of you that have them blocked don't have to read their dribble. But what is happening with 3 of those individuals is beyond plane trolling. I can't contribute to coding...so I can only try to keep the record straight. I feel very close to this project as I've been here since the beginning and I hate seeing those couple of individuals drag people on here through mud and call out their character...especially Evan. I've ignored all but the pseudo dev and he is now on ignore too...but I think there should be a couple of paragraph statement that deals with the main troll points that I can keep bumping forward.

why this matters...I've had 3 people in the last couple of weeks that I've talk about DASH and asked them to look into it as they were wondering why I'm promoting it...and guess what couple of them said after doing some poking around? they heard that DASH is a scam. ?!? They dont remember where they had seen it...as I asked them where they got that from, That really was really annoying..here I am I am trying to promote DASH and when people look into it...they get miss information. That is why it matters....

Hi Richard,

while i appreciate your effort to keep the record straight in the BCT forums i am quite disillusioned that the trolling will ever stop: Any countermeasure taken will result in contermeasures by them and so on - on a global scale this is how wars begin.

Having a look at the troll profiles you can derive that

a) They've got a LOT of time to spend in forums
b) They are using ninjitsu logic to justify their claims
c) They are not slightly interested in the outcome of any discussion

Some of their points may even be valid, but any try to mitigate them is resulting in even more trolling ("told ya", #rekt").

That's why i completely ignore each and every post from them as they do not even qualify for discussion.

You know: I've studied computer science, I've worked for the pharmaceutical industry for seven years. I have never been called being a scammer, liar, fraudster before i got involved in crypto coins. I feel constantly harassed by these trolls - just because I've joined a Open Source Project.

The trolls are claiming "freedom of speech" - but where is my freedom of supporting whatever project i like and not being harrassed for commiting code changes? My name is on the main website including a recent photo. As long as these guys (or girls) are hiding behind pseudonyms and Tor proxies they feel safe and free to do whatever they want - including cyberbullying.

Freedom is always the freedom of others.

But i am still here, i am here for the fun and i like working on something of use. It is still far from being perfect, but that's exactly what i was searching 15 months ago and there is nothing bad about not being perfect.

Btw: I like wine and if i ever have a chance to come to Canada I'll surely give you a visit :)

Holger

Thanks Flare....i would be honored if you came by for a visit. I understand that these individuals are what they are...trolls. My thoughts are, can we control the message out there in some way, if it is even possible? Maybe I can donate some DASH to tungfa to draft a DASH history blurb explaining the issues that seem to dominate these trolls? Does this even matter? I'm just struggling with a proper response. In the end if you and the team feel its in the communities best interests that we don't comment at all...then I will take that road. Maybe my role can be on the BCT to continually monitor the thread and remind our members to not even acknowledge these individuals when those of us slip? I feel like I want to contribute in a positive way and I can't code or help out technically but I still want to do something productive.

Thanks Flare....i would be honored if you came by for a visit. I understand that these individuals are what they are...trolls. My thoughts are, can we control the message out there in some way, if it is even possible? Maybe I can donate some DASH to tungfa to draft a DASH history blurb explaining the issues that seem to dominate these trolls? Does this even matter? I'm just struggling with a proper response. In the end if you and the team feel its in the communities best interests that we don't comment at all...then I will take that road. Maybe my role can be on the BCT to continually monitor the thread and remind our members to not even acknowledge these individuals when those of us slip? I feel like I want to contribute in a positive way and I can't code or help out technically but I still want to do something productive.
I hear you :)

Unfortunately i am not into PR at all - i am just a technician and kind of defenseless against these spin doctors :smile:

Maybe our PR team has an idea. But like i said: These guys are not interested in results, they just try to keep the disussion going on to their favor.
It feels like these 70's commercial shows with a questioner from the audience asking the same question again and again...

EDIT: And keep in mind
I know half my advertising isn't working, I just don't know which half. - William Lever

bigrcanada - i think flare is right. I'm so thankful we have a dev team who are NOT engaged in fruitless talks with these trolls, who are very dedicated to this project, and we should do the same. If that forum is moderated, the trolls will create another forum to attack us, will you stop then or will you go to that forum and continue the dialogues with them? just think how much time you will keep wasting if you let them to control your emotions.

Tx for the offer but save your coins
The more we acknowledge them, the more they win !
we have nothing to explain and pointing any PR in that direction is wrong in my opinion.

Ignore + Punishment by Happiness /Politeness is still my way

I feel like I want to contribute in a positive way and I can't code or help out technically but I still want to do something productive.

You're already doing the two probably most valuable contributions to this project: you believe in it, and you hold your coins instead of aiming for short term wins via speculation.

"Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

You can't win. And it's exhausting. I would hate to see you having a heard attack because of those morons, because like flare , I would like to enjoy one of your fine wines one day :smile:

There are so many things to do that I can't find enough time to do. If you have so much time and don't know what to do with it, look around. You can use that time to learn another language, read a good book, visit some friends... Plus if you have such a nice business selling wine, you can use your time to promote your business.... I just don't understand the attraction to dialogue with these scumbags while there're so many other wonderful things to do...

Maybe because when you google dash, the first hits come up as scams, and we know who carefully placed them there for all to see,
problem is they play dirty where as we play by the rules.

You can make DASH wine:smile:

I wonder why the DASH community is still paying so much attention to the known trolls icebreaker (aka Eduardo deCastro from ScamFast) and smooth (the "core" troll) as well as their puppet accounts on BCT... They keep reiterating the same old things, and are infinitely boring. Why bother answering/quoting them at all?

I wonder why the DASH community is still paying so much attention to the known trolls icebreaker (aka Eduardo deCastro from ScamFast) and smooth (the "core" troll) as well as their puppet acounts on BCT... They keep reiterating the same old things, and are infinitely boring. Why bother answering/quoting them at all?
Not everyone in the Dash community is still doing this, as I don't even have an account on BCT. I scan that forum looking for info to see what's going on when i have time, but definitely not every Dash member is on that forum. Those trolls are desperately trying to discredit Dash and they know how to rile up Dash people on that forum. It's a psychological warfare. The trolls are doing exactly like what flare said:

"Having a look at the troll profiles you can derive that

a) They've got a LOT of time to spend in forums
b) They are using ninjitsu logic to justify their claims
c) They are not slightly interested in the outcome of any discussion"

But will the Dash people on bitcointalk stop having these ridiculous dialogues with those vicious trolls? I doubt it. It's their choice to do what they want to do, but that doesn't mean "the Dash community" approves of it.

There are so many things to do that I can't find enough time to do. If you have so much time and don't know what to do with it, look around. You can use that time to learn another language, read a good book, visit some friends... Plus if you have such a nice business selling wine, you can use your time to promote your business.... I just don't understand the attraction to dialogue with these scumbags while there're so many other wonderful things to do...
LOL. Thanks guys. From what I gather is the advice of this community, I will refrain from commenting or engaging these particular individuals.
Time is something I don't have much of to waste. I am getting to writing my exam for my level 3 at the court of master sommeliers this winter which has like a 10% pass rate.

I'm also taking guitar lessons in my leisure time, once a week. And squeeze in time for gym 3 times a week and the occasional mma training(strictly for fun).

Starting next week I'm getting ready for a bumper harvest coming in 2+ weeks early, I'm the Winemaker as well. Oh and bottling wines ahead of schedule because of early harvest. So time is at a premium...

I still wish to contribute to something I feel passionate about and have invested heavily in.

In the mean time I'll keep myself in check. Thanks team.

Interesting story: Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists

Trolls truly enjoy making you feel bad. To quote the authors once more (because this is a truly quotable article): "Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others. Sadists just want to have fun ... and the Internet is their playground!"

The next time you encounter a troll online, remember:

1. These trolls are some truly difficult people.
2. It is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...rolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

Back