• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal - Dash Italia HomeSchooling for Children

The price is too low for charitable contributions, if you bring this to proposal, I will vote NO for it.

charitable contributions

The Widow’s Offering

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

What are the usuals tools?
  1. https://www.dashcentral.org/budget where a discussion takes place.
  2. https://mnowatch.org/leaderboard/ and https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool/blob/master/doc/proposals.md that point to the url the proposal owner gave, for further clarifications.
The community has very few tools that facilitate voting, but none of them originates from DCG. All these tools are private initiatives. DCG never offered a tool that facilitates voting. DCG not only does not code tools in order to facilitate voting, but also (intentionally?) spams the Dash community by advertising many irrelevent tools that do not support voting, so the community remains disoriented.

If you make it clear in the description of the proposal (as appears in the above few usual tools) that your (numerical) proposal is not voted the usual way but with the help of a url similar to https://tinyurl.com/ItaliaSchools, then the masternodes who like the idea of voting the numbers, they will vote the way you are asking them to vote, and they will reveal to you their real will.

Note also that the numerical proposals are planned to be tagged with a tag _DigitX (ex. ItalySchools_Digit1, ItalySchools_Digit2, ItalySchools_Digit3) with the help of a special tool (under construction, does not work yet), so that they can be distinguished to the normal proposals, and they can be filtered (in case someone does not like to bother with them).

The masternodes who dont like the idea the community to vote the numbers they will obviously try to troll the system and pretend they dont understand it. I believe that these masternodes are mostly the DCG proponents and the various government (or rival cryptos) agents that sabotage whatever effective governance may occur in Dash, since 7 years now, because their goal is to destroy Dash. They succeeded. Dash from rank 6 at coinmarketcap is now below 100, but I still hope this can be reversed.

The underlying motivation that made me code that stuff is to discover the stupid, the slaves of DCG, the government (and rival crypto) agents, and the free persons who want their real vote to be heard and to be counted. Because the more votes you collect from someone, and the more critical these votes are, the more you understand who he/she is and where he/she deserves to be.
I remain of the opinion that the DCG currently has its usefulness and has had it since it was born contextualized in the Trust.
There will come a time when the Trust will have to be dissolved because the pressure from governments will become unsustainable and at which point the balance will change a lot, but until then I think it is important to support the work in progress.
These new tools will see the light, perhaps, indeed, certainly even better than we see them now.

Anyway yes, I was referring to the "traditional" DashCentral and DMT. I agree that it is enough to insert the links and the explanation, but these procedures are not currently understood nor accepted much and my risk assessment does not include this possibility for now.

The price is too low for charitable contributions, if you bring this to proposal, I will vote NO for it.
To be fair, it's technically not charity as there is no donor.
However I understand what you mean of course and understand that the block value may have for many higher priorities.

Anyway yes, I was referring to the "traditional" DashCentral and DMT. I agree that it is enough to insert the links and the explanation, but these procedures are not currently understood nor accepted much and my risk assessment does not include this possibility for now.

You give 1 dash as proposal fee, and you risk that you will get a monthly donation either 4500 euros, or nothing.

You give 4 dash as numerical proposal fee, and you can get whatever amount , in between 4500 euros and nothing.

Which risk is bigger, in terms of proposal cost vs gain?

You give 1 dash as proposal fee, and you risk that you will get a monthly donation either 4500 euros, or nothing.

You give 4 dash as numerical proposal fee, and you can get whatever amount , in between 4500 euros and nothing.

Which risk is bigger, in terms of proposal cost vs gain?
the risk is that no one uses this tool to vote, even by inserting the links and explaining. So the probability of spending more than one Dash and getting nothing more than a classic Proposal is very high, probably a certainty.
It doesn't seem like an indifferent risk to me.

Has anyone ever made proposals in this way? and, if so, how did it go?

Back