• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Miner reallocation2 / DAO refill

Boost the DAO to 20% from miner rewards

• Total voters
A fixed treasury amount ensures it will be used toward things that improve the value of Dash, so spending power of that fixed amount becomes greater and greater as the network grows.

Except that dash supply is deflationary, meaning favoritism is given to the treasury, which in turn leads to complacency and frivolous spending. This is exactly what happened to the masternode system where the buy-in cost was never adjusted for inflation. These days, the masternodes feel entitled to self-prescribed pay rises.

Sorry to say, so long as dash is saddled with masternodes, it will continue to exist in a bubble and never achieve mainstream recognition. Dash will certainly never be "digital cash" because to do so would mean it is somehow the common denominator to all other chains, which it's not.

A fixed treasury amount ensures it will be used toward things that improve the value of Dash, so spending power of that fixed amount becomes greater and greater as the network grows.
We had a fixed treasury amount (10%) since 2015 and it did nothing to improve the value of Dash over the years and it certainly did not bring Dash Evolution to Mainnet in a timely matter (we are still waiting on that).

Instead the developers ran out of reserves this month, due to DCG runrate left too high (too many developers on payroll) for too long (not paying attention to the crypto market and their own runrate, untill just a few months ago). DCG then asked for an increase in the Treasury (from 10% to 20%) through a decision proposal, so they can request more budget from the Treasury and avoid having to cut further in their runrate / survival rate.

How much more did they ask of the Treasury (after it already doubled in size) : nearly 80% !!
What do they plan to do with a portion of that 80% ? Build-up reserves to hire more developers. To me thats coming full circle.

I am predicting that in a few years (during a new Dash bear market), DCG will find itself in the exact same situation and will be looking at the exact same easy solution (taking away from miners and shifting it towards Treasury, again requesting nearly 80% of that increased Treasury).

Anyone that had any assumptions about the budget increase from 10% to 20% possibly benefitting other participants then just DCG, just had a rude wake-up call.

It is just blatant Dash budget funds grabbing by DCG at this point. Fully supported by some big masternode whales.
Makes me currently very disinterested in Dash budget and governance system.

Last edited:
We had a fixed treasury amount (10%) since 2015 and it did nothing to improve the value of Dash over the years and it certainly did not bring Dash Evolution to Mainnet in a timely matter (we are still waiting on that).

Instead the developers ran out of reserves this month, due to DCG runrate left too high (too many developers on payroll) for too long (not paying attention to the crypto market and their own runrate, untill just a few months ago). DCG then asked for an increase in the Treasury (from 10% to 20%) through a decision proposal, so they can request more budget from the Treasury and avoid having to cut further in their runrate / survival rate.

How much more did they ask of the Treasury (after it already doubled in size) : nearly 80% !!
What do they plan to do with a portion of that 80% ? Build-up reserves to hire more developers. To me thats coming full circle.

I am predicting that in a few years (during a new Dash bear market), DCG will find itself in the exact same situation and will be looking at the exact same easy solution (taking away from miners and shifting it towards Treasury, again requesting nearly 80% of that increased Treasury).

Anyone that had any assumptions about the budget increase from 10% to 20% possibly benefitting other participants then just DCG, just had a rude wake-up call.

It is just blatant Dash budget funds grabbing by DCG at this point. Fully supported by some big masternode whales.
Makes me currently very disinterested in Dash budget and governance system.
Don't get angry. When a parasite draws too much energy from its host, it ends up killing it.

DCG, far from contributing positive things to Dash over the years, has been bleeding him out little by little.

I see projects on the market that with a few thousand dollars achieve relevance and usability, giving projection and gaining capitalization. However, I see this project, in which I have been immersed for many years as an investor, and I cannot understand how the master nodes continue to finance something that takes us nowhere.

It's kind of a fear of thinking that if DCG disappears, Dash will disappear. They are wrong, DCG is not Dash, they are simply people who take advantage of Dash. If there was no budget, these people would run away from the project, since they only want financing, and do not feel the project is theirs.

If tomorrow another project pays them more, they will leave delighted, and that is the difference between projects with enthusiasm and projects that disappoint.

I have been voting No for a long time to everything DCG asks for, since DCG has not fulfilled almost anything it has promised us for a long time.

If I hire a worker to do a job in one month, and after three months this worker still hasn't delivered anything, I fire him, I don't pay him and I report him.

There is no philosophy of punishment here, and this can only be for two reasons.

1- The voting power is with DCG, therefore the DAO is meaningless and the currency is dead, or will die soon.

2- The MN are mentally retarded and vote without thinking, or without learning from past mistakes.

Be that as it may, I respect democracy, despite admitting that I do not believe in it.

All the best

Be that as it may, I respect democracy, despite admitting that I do not believe in it.

All the best

Dash is NOT a democracy, although they claim it is.
North Korea also claims to be a democracy (Democratic People's Republic of Korea).
Almost everyone claims to be a democracy, but almost nobody is.

Dash is 70% plutocracy. The rich masternodes decide.
Dash is 30% necrocracy. Voted and/or unvoted decisions taken by dead whales/developers, that long ago left Dash, are still valid !

Dead Satoshi vs "dead" Evan vs dead Kim, parallel lives of Necrocracy leaders!
211px-Satoshi_Nakamoto.jpg
QmZErGPxfXj8ByxAnGD7kn59ETvzMZJGkNGVCqHQ8hn1nE
190px-Kim_Il_Sung_Portrait-3.jpg

There is no philosophy of punishment here, and this can only be for two reasons.
1- The voting power is with DCG, therefore the DAO is meaningless and the currency is dead, or will die soon.
2- The MN are mentally retarded and vote without thinking, or without learning from past mistakes.

Will the Dash masternodes ever be able to escape the animal level they are currently on, and become humans?
Vote the numbers, stupid!

Last edited:
Back