• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

iBeLink™ DM11G ASIC Dash Miner Support Thread

Hi,

Looking for some help understanding why our active maps are changing frequently.
Currently mining at NiceHash with the latest firmware, IB3.5.25.
When I restart, I usually achieve 16 for each blade in the active map.
Temps seem fine in the 28-32°C range.
After mining for a while, one or more and eventually all of the blades' active maps drop from 16.
Mining returns suffer when the active maps aren't 16.

Any ideas?

Here's a recent screenshot:

View attachment 4672
Hi,
It is normal for the active map to change as it is affected by difficulty. It is just a status indicator of the chips getting work to do.

Hi,
It is normal for the active map to change as it is affected by difficulty. It is just a status indicator of the chips getting work to do.

Thanks for the explanation!
I do notice when we restart, we seem to jump right back to all active maps=16 and our accepted hashrate and payouts climb back to the top. It seems like it's beneficial to do this periodically during the day, but it would be nice not to have to watch things so closely.

Hello,
I want to know whether or not the DM11G can have difficulty set manually.
I have read quite a bit about manually setting the difficulty but all the FAQs and guides I have found refer to a command line instruction to manually set the difficulty and I don't know where this would be input on the DM11G.

I hope I am not overlooking something simple.
Also, I am currently mining on P2PoolMining

Hello,
I want to know whether or not the DM11G can have difficulty set manually.
I have read quite a bit about manually setting the difficulty but all the FAQs and guides I have found refer to a command line instruction to manually set the difficulty and I don't know where this would be input on the DM11G.

I hope I am not overlooking something simple.
Also, I am currently mining on P2PoolMining

Hi,
The place to set the difficulty varies depending on the pool. Some are inserted in the password field while some are inserted in the user field. I believe for P2Poolmining, you add it to the user field [user]+difficulty

Hi,
The place to set the difficulty varies depending on the pool. Some are inserted in the password field while some are inserted in the user field. I believe for P2Poolmining, you add it to the user field [user]+difficulty
OK, thank you for the quick reply!

iBeLink_1, hi!
Why are the fields Low Hashrate Threshold (MH), High Reject Threshold (%) and others in this block not active?

iBeLink_1, hi!
Why are the fields Low Hashrate Threshold (MH), High Reject Threshold (%) and others in this block not active?

Hi MorG,
Those fields are no longer active since they are now controlled by the miner. There are coded triggers set in the software that monitors and auto-restarts the miner when it detects an issue.

Hello iBelink_1!

My DM3 show too high hashrate. Is it ok? There is hashrate on coinmine on next pictures at the same time. As DM1, one PCB is damage and sent for replacment.

Attachments

• Clip2net_170825224640.png
    Clip2net_170825224640.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Clip2net_170825224607.png
    Clip2net_170825224607.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 150
Hello iBelink_1!

My DM3 show too high hashrate. Is it ok? There is hashrate on coinmine on next pictures at the same time. As DM1, one PCB is damage and sent for replacment.

Hi,
Having a high hashrate is ok. The miner must have been hashing above the specs for a while. Your temperature is pretty low which could have increased the efficiency. The main things to look for is the temperature, PLL, chips map, and H/W.

Hi,

I have been getting very different reading from my miners. I have got the temp down as much as possible. but Pll seems not to adjust. I am pretty sure something is very wrong with Miner 3, hash rate is consistently below 6. Miner 2 is completely out performing it and has a higher intake temp reading. Can I set the Pll manually? my room environment is 31°. thanks in advance,

Attachments

• DashMiner1.pdf
    137.8 KB · Views: 146
  • DashMiner1.pdf
    137.8 KB · Views: 152
  • DashMiner3.pdf
    138.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DashMiner4.pdf
    137.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DashMiner2.pdf
    253.1 KB · Views: 144
Hi,

I have been getting very different reading from my miners. I have got the temp down as much as possible. but Pll seems not to adjust. I am pretty sure something is very wrong with Miner 3, hash rate is consistently below 6. Miner 2 is completely out performing it and has a higher intake temp reading. Can I set the Pll manually? my room environment is 31°. thanks in advance,

Hi,
Unfortunately you are not able to set the PLL manually. I am not sure why Miner 3 has set your PLL that low. Have you tried placing it in a different location? These miners are very temperamental to temperature and sometimes little changes makes a big difference. There is also a new firmware update IB3.5.25.
If you suspect Miner 3 to have issues, you will need to do the Single Blade Test and see if any hashing blades are bad. Otherwise it is just the software limiting the PLL due to temperature.

Can anyone tell me what the solid blue light on each blade means? One of my blades that light is off, and this blade keeps showing only half of the chip maps and half the hashrate, or not initializing at all when restarting. If I start with one blade, and then power down, add another, restart, until all the blades are connected, it will show full chip maps and full hashrate, but only after several attempts of that process. Still, the blue light remains off. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Can anyone tell me what the solid blue light on each blade means? One of my blades that light is off, and this blade keeps showing only half of the chip maps and half the hashrate, or not initializing at all when restarting. If I start with one blade, and then power down, add another, restart, until all the blades are connected, it will show full chip maps and full hashrate, but only after several attempts of that process. Still, the blue light remains off. Any thoughts on what's going on?
Hi,
It could be that the led diode got burnt. Do you see blinking blue lights on the blade though? That indicates the hashing boards are doing work.

Hi,
It could be that the led diode got burnt. Do you see blinking blue lights on the blade though? That indicates the hashing boards are doing work.

Yes the blades do their blue blinking routine at startup and while hashing. That is the case even when the problem blade is only showing half the chip maps and half the hashrate though. Right now it seems to be working good again after updating the firmware so I'll just see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

Dear iBeLink
I got my machine finally and started it, I must say that its exterior is very beautiful, things look fine other than below mentioned issues:-

Issue # 1: One of the front intake fans are not working, i checked the cables and all is ok but still its simply not powering up at all, as a temporary solution i put a portable fan infront of it to make sure it also does get intake.

Issue # 2: I get alot if 'Discard', just wondering why and what could be the reason? (view attached screenshot https://ibb.co/iqZue5 )

iqZue5

Issue # 3: I see two temperature values, please advise what is the difference and are the temps under control?

Issue # 4: How frequently should i restart the machine or just keep it running without any pause?

Thanks and looking forward to your quick response.

Dear iBeLink
I got my machine finally and started it, I must say that its exterior is very beautiful, things look fine other than below mentioned issues:-

Issue # 1: One of the front intake fans are not working, i checked the cables and all is ok but still its simply not powering up at all, as a temporary solution i put a portable fan infront of it to make sure it also does get intake.

Issue # 2: I get alot if 'Discard', just wondering why and what could be the reason? (view attached screenshot https://ibb.co/iqZue5 )

iqZue5

Issue # 3: I see two temperature values, please advise what is the difference and are the temps under control?

Issue # 4: How frequently should i restart the machine or just keep it running without any pause?

Thanks and looking forward to your quick response.
Hi,
I'll help you as much as I can.
#1: Have you tried other power cables? If it still isn't working, the fan might be broke. You can try submitting a ticket on our website to get it replaced.
#2: If you are mining on a stratum, discards are not too important. It varies based on the pool, network connection, etc.
#3: The two temperatures are the avg temperature across all 4 blades at the front of the case and at the back of the case. It is best to keep it under 37C/38C. As temperature goes up, the miner will auto-adjust the PLL to a lower setting to prevent the chips from being damaged.
#4: You can keep the machine running 24/7. If you feel like something is wrong, you can restart the miner.

Hi,
I'll help you as much as I can.
#1: Have you tried other power cables? If it still isn't working, the fan might be broke. You can try submitting a ticket on our website to get it replaced.
#2: If you are mining on a stratum, discards are not too important. It varies based on the pool, network connection, etc.
#3: The two temperatures are the avg temperature across all 4 blades at the front of the case and at the back of the case. It is best to keep it under 37C/38C. As temperature goes up, the miner will auto-adjust the PLL to a lower setting to prevent the chips from being damaged.
#4: You can keep the machine running 24/7. If you feel like something is wrong, you can restart the miner.

Q1) What power cables are you referring to, the tiny power cables inside are all occupied and there is only one Cable which is free, but that is not like the standard ones connected to fan. Do you think its ok to keep running the machine while this fan isn't working?

Q2) Just wondering why are discards not important, just curious to know as its almost 200% discards

Thanks.

Q1) What power cables are you referring to, the tiny power cables inside are all occupied and there is only one Cable which is free, but that is not like the standard ones connected to fan. Do you think its ok to keep running the machine while this fan isn't working?

Q2) Just wondering why are discards not important, just curious to know as its almost 200% discards

Thanks.
Hi,
#1: You can keep the miner running even while that fan isn't working. As long as the miner is cooler than 38C, it won't affect your PLL.
#2: Quoting from another source, "Discarded is a meaningless stat unless you're using getwork (and even then it only matters to the pool operator, not the miner). It is a 100% useless stat on GBT and Stratum. Discards are not rejects, they aren't even shares. It means your software had work prepared to hash but instead it discarded it in favor of newer/fresher work. You aren't wasting any hashes when your miner discards work."

Back