• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can I help with anything?

According to this, the masternodes still need to vote to instruct the Trust to perform a review of or make changes to DCG's Board. They need to go through the Trust because they legally cannot do that as "shareholders" without doxxing themselves. To me, it is unclear from Ryan's post what effect "replacing" a Board member has on DCG. Does that mean an executive is fired from DCG? or just doesn't have a seat on the Board of Directors anymore but keeps his managerial position?
According to the bylaws, if I remember them correctly, TPs can replace board members only (or the entire board). TPs don't have an authority to hire/fire managers or any other role in DCG.
Board member can be an internal person or external person.

Another thing I would support would be you taking another executive role with DCG, you were my direct supervisor for Forum administration and I thank you for the work you put in gratis reviving the Forum after the Xenforo upgrade. Currently, DCG is rudderless with only 1 C Level officer in Sam, at least come back as interim COO, DCG could use your skills during this downszing transition.
Thank you but I don't look for a role but rather for a task to do. Tangible task that could help the project.
Frankly speaking, I don't think I could change anything as COO or TP. In the past, when the situation was relatively good in DCG, I was not able to influence Sam (nor Bob), to make changes that were/are, in my opinion, necessary and replace some unreliable people. I don't think I could do it now - nothing will change until Sam (or any other CTO) will realize that changes in the development teams are necessary. At the moment you have no managers, that community hated so much in the past, and nothing changed in the delivery - delays, wrong estimates, scope creeps and other issues remained. What changed is the very difficult situation of the company. Make your own conclusions.

Anyway. Let's not discuss DAO and management here. I have an intention to do something positive for the project. Do you see anything I can do?

According to the bylaws, if I remember them correctly, TPs can replace board members only (or the entire board). TPs don't have an authority to hire/fire managers or any other role in DCG.
Board member can be an internal person or external person.

Thank you but I don't look for a role but rather for a task to do. Tangible task that could help the project.
Frankly speaking, I don't think I could change anything as COO or TP. In the past, when the situation was relatively good in DCG, I was not able to influence Sam (nor Bob), to make changes that were/are, in my opinion, necessary and replace some unreliable people. I don't think I could do it now - nothing will change until Sam (or any other CTO) will realize that changes in the development teams are necessary. At the moment you have no managers, that community hated so much in the past, and nothing changed in the delivery - delays, wrong estimates, scope creeps and other issues remained. What changed is the very difficult situation of the company. Make your own conclusions.

Anyway. Let's not discuss DAO and management here. I have an intention to do something positive for the project. Do you see anything I can do?

Get behind the Maya integration, add some liquidity to the DASH-CACAO pool. Liqudity is still pretty low.

@kot, has anyone mentioned anything that sparks interest? If not, do you see anything from your perspective that you’d like to help with? Usually people are most effective doing things they’re passionate or at least interested in. What’s “needed” is very subjective.

Get behind the Maya integration, add some liquidity to the DASH-CACAO pool. Liqudity is still pretty low.
I will. Thanks for the suggestion.

@kot, has anyone mentioned anything that sparks interest? If not, do you see anything from your perspective that you’d like to help with? Usually people are most effective doing things they’re passionate or at least interested in. What’s “needed” is very subjective.
Hey Rion.
As written in the first post, my main area of expertise is in coordination, however I have a broader experience in IT and can perform tasks that might be not so obvious even for me at the moment. Let me give you an example - when I noticed that, after an upgrade, our forum looks bad, I realized that I had an experience with this kind of tools in the past, reached out to Daniel and Leon and offered my help. After 1 day of reading the Xenforo documentation, I was able to fix the layout and add some features suggested by the others.

So feel free to drop what is needed (here or in PM) and I might be able to help, even if it is not my main area of interest.

Last edited:
Hey Rion.
As written in the first post, my main area of expertise is in coordination, however I have a broader experience in IT and can perform tasks that might be not so obvious even for me at the moment. Let me give you an example - when I noticed that, after an upgrade, our forum looks bad, I realized that I had an experience with this kind of tools in the past, reached out to Daniel and Leon and offered my help. After 1 day of reading the Xenforo documentation, I was able to fix the layout and add some features suggested by the others.

So feel free to drop what is needed (here or in PM) and I might be able to help, even if it is not my main area of interest.

Beware of Rion. If you work for free, he thinks you are a bad person. Dont you think that @rion?

So you have better ask him some money from incubator , if you plan to do his suggestions.

As I finally have more time available, I can dedicate some time to help the project.
Hi Robert,
I appreciate your offer. I had the idea, to continue the tip-me-dash project by Gabriel, but unfortunately I don't have enough free time. It would be nice, if you could make it work again. If you want, I could buy a domain name, something like "dash-tips.net". I'm quite sure, that Gabriel will grant permission to use his code on Github.
Kind regards, Peter

Reactions: kot
Beware of Rion. If you work for free, he thinks you are a bad person. Dont you think that @rion?

So you have better ask him some money from incubator , if you plan to do his suggestions.
I meant that in the context of full time work and focus, and just as a general observation, not as a moral imperative. Don’t read too much into it.

Somebody could help chart my DAIF activity, cough cough @rion

Hi Robert,
I appreciate your offer. I had the idea, to continue the tip-me-dash project by Gabriel, but unfortunately I don't have enough free time. It would be nice, if you could make it work again. If you want, I could buy a domain name, something like "dash-tips.net". I'm quite sure, that Gabriel will grant permission to use his code on Github.
Kind regards, Pete
Good idea - it should relatively easy. Let's do it.
Do you have any contact info to Gabriel?

Can you paste it here, please? I don't use Discord anymore.
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot that.

Here's the post I linked to from Lad / nebojsa. It was part of a longer discussion. These all sound like good things to do, but would require coordination.
I meant partnering and leveraging partnerships not just with institutions, but rather anyone that can bring any use case and additional adoption to Dash.

and here is some suggestion:

1. Activate marketing budget for EVO, organize hackathons, and bounty program, and start going to conferences to promote Dash.

2. Have someone from DCG or the community go to conferences and organize side events, bring devs to work on the network, and enhance adoption

3. Launch evo, and have testers and devs from the community and dev world give opinions on the evo where should it work and how.

4. DCG is a centralized entity - have DCG reach out to investors and raise funds for the EVO and its integrations as a centralized company that will have its funding separated from DAO. Once the DCG has funds to run development, marketing and adoption, this will bring up the utility for Dash, hence providing the treasury for DAO only that can be used for individuals on healthy manners rather than burning chunks of money into ads as it was used before

Reactions: kot
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot that.

Here's the post I linked to from Lad / nebojsa. It was part of a longer discussion. These all sound like good things to do, but would require coordination.
Thanks @Bridgewater
I can do conferences. Did many presentations in the past and I would be happy to do them in the future. I just need to refresh my materials and knowledge about the latest upgrades.
Evo release would be a great opportunity to go to the conferences with a shiny, new thing on slides.

Back