• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Alt Index Fund for Dash on Atomic DEX.

AgnewPickens

Staff member
Chief Sock Advisor
Dash has been a legacy chain on Atomic DEX since it was created. I use their DEX daily to trade my alt basket, funded with Dash I earn and have been doing well managing that basket. Unfortunately, DEX swap volume is not great, but Dash maker liquidity is already pretty decent for small traders. The purpose of creating an Alt Index Fund for Dash is to generate more swap volume for Dash pairs on ADEX. I typically (not always) see $200 in available maker liqudity on Dash pairs there, A decent size Dash Alt Index Fund would accomplish a few things if run properly.

1) Boost Dash Atomic DEX ranking for swaps.
2) Provide extra income to Dash pair makers, encouraging more maker activity, and thus greater Dash liquidity on the DEX.
3) Since these swaps are executed on Dash blockchain, boost Dash tx numbers.
4) Potential profit (some of which would go to me as the fund manager,)
5) All coin addreses in the basket will be publicly viewable allowing the network to chart the activity and performance. (Privately shared of course)
6) Supports charity in Nigeria.

My alt basket is small, but I already use ADEX (as its called in KMD community) daily for my alt trading activity. There are a few alts that have decent liquidity on ADEX. And ADEX lets me create multiple accounts, so if the community trusted me to run something like this (because I already asked, there is no Multi Sig support) I am proposing starting with a $2000 fund weighted to a 35-45% Dash portfolio allocation against LTC, Doge, DGB, ETC, SYS, RVN, QTUM & parent coin KMD. Swaps will be executed between Dash and these active & liquid pairs.

Here is a snapshot of my current allocation on my alt basket, KMD wasn't always my top allocation, it shifts around a lot depending on which coin I think is due for a large move, that is different from what I am proposing for the Dash Alt Index, profits in Dash would be taken on any significant break above 45% allocation, to static address for Burnt Hamster Publishing. I know the size of the basket is not that large, but neither is current volume on ADEX, this is more of a pilot program.

2% annual management fee paid monthly to the charity organization I support in Nigeria, the Pastor has a Multisig wallet address. $40 there will feed 8 families for 4 weeks. Nigeria is in the midst of a currency crisis. I cannot disclose the charity as there is a government clampdown on crypto, but I can get pictures of children helped with a Sign thanking the index fund. I am not in direct contact with the Pastor for security reaons, but check out my contacts YT channel and give him some love!

Attachments

• BTC 07.03.23 adex basket.JPG
    BTC 07.03.23 adex basket.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Dash has been a legacy chain on Atomic DEX since it was created. I use their DEX daily to trade my alt basket, funded with Dash
I earn and have been doing well managing that basket. Unfortunately, DEX swap volume is not great, but Dash maker liquidity is
already pretty decent for small traders. The purpose of creating an Alt Index Fund for Dash is to generate more swap volume for
Dash pairs on ADEX. I typically (not always) see $200 in available maker liqudity on Dash pairs there, A decent size Dash Alt Index
Fund would accomplish a few things if run properly.

1) Boost Dash Atomic DEX ranking for swaps.
2) Provide extra income to Dash pair makers, encouraging more maker activity, and thus greater Dash liquidity on the DEX.
3) Since these swaps are executed on Dash blockchain, boost Dash tx numbers.
4) Potential profit (some of which would go to me as the fund manager,)

My alt basket is small, but I already use ADEX (as its called in KMD community) daily for my alt trading activity. There are a few alts
that have decent liquidity on ADEX. And ADEX lets me create multiple accounts, so if the community trusted me to run something
like this (because I already asked, there is no Multi Sig support) I am proposing starting with a $2000 fund weighted to a 35-45% Dash
portfolio allocation against LTC, Doge, DGB, ETC, SYS, RVN, QTUM & parent coin KMD. Swaps will be executed between Dash and
these active & liquid pairs.

The account can always be requested back in Dash and directed wherever the network chooses with a governance
proposal.

Any profits I generate could be sent to a chosen DFO, less my 10% cut of profits.
Nice proposal mate!

Could you expound on that frendo, I know you liked my repost in KMD Discord, but what specifically do you like, any changes you would make?
In principle, there is a proposal to add movement to atomicdex. secondly, that you are working with your community raising awareness of this need and a concrete proposal to contribute from which all parties would benefit. Then, it's a nice experiment to be played. :)

In principle, there is a proposal to add movement to atomicdex. secondly, that you are working with your community raising awareness of this need and a concrete proposal to contribute from which all parties would benefit. Then, it's a nice experiment to be
Do you think you or others in the KMD community could kick in some KMD to start off that part of the fund so I could use the Dash the network allocates for other alt coins in the basket?

I set up the wallet in preparation, and I'll move forward with this with or without Treasury funding, I am sure there are Dash community members that would like to see how this works out too. Like @bigrcanada might like this.

Taking my pre-proposal private, I am acting like SimplyBlake by considering floating a small potatoes proposal when the network is starved for funds, Plus Demo is spamming DC so MNOs don't need the extra clutter. QE said he would vote for it, I am fairly sure I can secure funding privately And grow it on just donations, really would like somebody who could see about coding up something to produce some basic performance metrics, like check the portfolio value at the same time each day, I will add coins to the DEX as I secure funding. I would trust you @vazaki3 with the xpubs for the Index fund if you wanted to code something basic up, Once a day is enough to do a sweep of the portfolio at the size it is starting out at. Sorry about the stir yesterday, I was getting my mother ready to be transported to another city for a knee brace fitting, moving this to General category to reduce the clutter in this channel.

Last edited:
Do you expect from us to understand this trading jargon?
Please put url links to the terms you are using, for us to be able to understand what you are talking about.
Knock yourself out, I know how much you enjoy processing data and divining the vote from it, if you enjoy spam that much, you'll love this project.

Taking my pre-proposal private, I am acting like SimplyBlake by considering floating a small potatoes proposal when the network is starved for funds, Plus Demo is spamming DC so MNOs don't need the extra clutter. QE said he would vote for it, I am fairly sure I can secure funding privately And grow it on just donations, really would like somebody who could see about coding up something to produce some basic performance metrics, like check the portfolio value at the same time each day, I will add coins to the DEX as I secure funding. I would trust you @vazaki3 with the xpubs for the Index fund if you wanted to code something basic up, Once a day is enough to do a sweep of the portfolio at the size it is starting out at. Sorry about the stir yesterday, I was getting my mother ready to be transported to another city for a knee brace fitting, moving this to General category to reduce the clutter in this channel.
I like this, having liquidity on dexes is super important to us all within crypto. The main issue is the lack of Multisig wallets on the KMD/ADEX side, are there any alternative dexs which support multisig, what are the chances of having them build out multisig interactions? Komodo was a LONG time ago for me. The trust required to have one person manage a position is daunting. Can you collaborate with the Dash group that owns assets, I forget what they are called, but they seem have earned trust. This is definitely NOT a spam proposal in my eyes, you are doing the right thing discussing it in detail before launching it. Try to find a way to mitigate the Trust element if possible, thats the main thing that needs improving.

I like this, having liquidity on dexes is super important to us all within crypto. The main issue is the lack of Multisig wallets on the KMD/ADEX side, are there any alternative dexs which support multisig, what are the chances of having them build out multisig interactions? Komodo was a LONG time ago for me. The trust required to have one person manage a position is daunting. Can you collaborate with the Dash group that owns assets, I forget what they are called, but they seem have earned trust. This is definitely NOT a spam proposal in my eyes, you are doing the right thing discussing it in detail before launching it. Try to find a way to mitigate the Trust element if possible, thats the main thing that needs improving.

Unfortunately, Maya will not offer the pairs that will allow me to proceed with an alt index basket and we are not integrated yet, that is why I keep the seed funding low at first until I can set-up a multsig wallet for Dash to support the work. The Index will operate just fine with a small seed fund for now just to track the performace of alts in the basket against Dash until a better solution can be arrived at, I AM trustworthy, I was a signator for GiveDirect charity a friend ran in Ghana before his wife took ill and he had to mothball the project. But the Trust element needs to be elminated at some point for the fund to grow, the charity aspect is a side benefit, but not the purpose for the Index Fund.

Last edited:
I am fairly sure I can secure funding privately And grow it on just donations, really would like somebody who could see about coding up something to produce some basic performance metrics, like check the portfolio value at the same time each day, I will add coins to the DEX as I secure funding. I would trust you @vazaki3 with the xpubs for the Index fund if you wanted to code something basic up, Once a day is enough to do a sweep of the portfolio at the size it is starting out at.

I dont understand what I have to code. What portofolio I should check? What is this xpubs and where is this index fund? I have no idea.

Give me some hints. Preferably give me the urls where the information I have to parse resides, or give me some github repositories where some relevant code resides.

We speak different languages. I am a tech, you are a trader. I dont understand you, and probably you dont understand me. Maybe @xkcd who is both a (good?) trader and a good programmer could help us, translating your language to mine, and my language to yours.

Most important. I only write code in Linux. Do you have a linux server you can give me access to? @xkcd gave me access to his server, we coded together there and thats how mnowatch site was born. If you cannot host (or you dont know how to host) a linux server, alternatively you could ask @xkcd's permission to host whatever (safe) code of yours into mnowatch.org site.

Last edited:
I dont understand what I have to code. What portofolio I should check? What is this xpubs and where is this index fund? I have no idea.

Give me some hints. Preferably give me the urls where the information I have to parse resides, or give me some github repositories where some relevant code resides.

We speak different languages. I am a tech, you are a trader. I dont understand you, and probably you dont understand me. Maybe @xkcd who is both a (good?) trader and a good programmer could help us, translating your language to mine, and my language to yours.

Most important. I only write code in Linux. Do you have a linux server you can give me access to? @xkcd gave me access to his server, we coded together there and thats how mnowatch site was born. If you cannot host (or you dont know how to host) a linux server, alternatively you could ask @xkcd's permission to host whatever (safe) code of yours into mnowatch.org site.
It'll be the actvity on each XPub for each included coin and the overall value of the Portfolio in USD. You can do port value in BTC as well if you want, but I use the USD values to make my swap decisions most of the time.

@demo

And BTW, I don't need any outside investment to run an Alt Index Fund for the Dash Network, and SYS is already in the basket, so next step is to give the xpubs to the dev.

Will accept tips for the Index if you like the charting, to pay for the cost of the servers, but it's already built, just going to use my personal wallet that already has a swap history.

There's no point in me running two identical index funds. I take profits when I have to to keep the fund between $1-2K so I can keep the math in my head, the important part is the charting of actvity.

Back