• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Can I help with anything?

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Hey Everyone,
As I finally have more time available, I can dedicate some time to help the project.
My skillset in mainly with project management, processes, coordination, operations, analysis and in general helping getting things done.
Do you see anything I can help with or are you in need of help?

Maybe you could help the Dash community to meet eachother in real life.

Depending on the persons you are targeting for the meeting (Mnos? Crowdnodes? Miners? Dash community members?) you should advertise your conference to the appropriate channels.
-- In case you target the Mnos, I think a budget/doodle proposal is the best you can do to make your conference known. But on the other hand the masternodes are strange guys, they may think you are spamming them.
-- In case you target the crowdnodes, then sending a message to @ndrezza and asking him to make the conference known to the crowd, it is the best thing you can do.
-- In case you target the miners, these are dark persons, the only place you may find them is here.
-- In case you target the simple Dash community members, maybe the idea of merging the encointer community to the dash community fulfills your primary goal, because the encointer community is a meeting community above all.

Perhaps try and get Chris Hough back? I have no idea how much value he could add to dash but I believe he originally came in with positive intentions. Might be easier for him now.

Perhaps try and get Chris Hough back? I have no idea how much value he could add to dash but I believe he originally came in with positive intentions. Might be easier for him now.
I understand that you had a good perception of him because I had the same when we were hiring him.
Unfortunately he wasn't able to deliver literally anything. Not even a few tweets in weeks/months. Not to mention any bigger tasks.
I had high hopes for him but he wasn't the person for the job :(

Hey Everyone,
As I finally have more time available, I can dedicate some time to help the project.
My skillset in mainly with project management, processes, coordination, operations, analysis and in general helping getting things done.

Apparently the Trust Protectors have all resigned, so maybe apply for that?

I understand that you had a good perception of him because I had the same when we were hiring him.
Unfortunately he wasn't able to deliver literally anything. Not even a few tweets in weeks/months. Not to mention any bigger tasks.
I had high hopes for him but he wasn't the person for the job :(
I was under the impression he wasn't given enough resources / restricted. I mean, soon as he joined DCG it all went quiet and I was assuming there was some kind of onboarding process.

In any event, I would like to see new (non-DCG) hires / team that can re-ignite community hopes and somehow convince existing voters that change can be a positive thing.

I agree with @AgnewPickens, the Trust Protector / Board situation really needs to be sorted out. We have a management hole right now, and DCG doesn't have much direction from the MNO. This results in friction every time DCG does something that wasn't explicitly communicated to the MNO, but they also shouldn't have to ask the MNO about each task they perform. The TP/Board oversight made sure the MNO's/Dash's long-term interests were being represented.

The previous TPs have not all officially resigned, but have stated that they're burned-out or apathetic about the situation, which tells me from an administrative perspective that there is confusion and policy ambiguity somewhere, and nobody is sure of exactly what their role is and they're afraid to exercise power they don't actually have.

@kot were you on the DCG Board previously? If so, you have an inside perspective on the situation, and might be in a good position to help out as a trust protector or even just help the current TPs get it cleaned up. Jared seems motivated to do something, but probably could use some support.

Apparently the Trust Protectors have all resigned, so maybe apply for that?

@kot were you on the DCG Board previously? If so, you have an inside perspective on the situation, and might be in a good position to help out as a trust protector or even just help the current TPs get it cleaned up. Jared seems motivated to do something, but probably could use some support.

So you are asking to one of the fellow kids of the failed babygirafe CEO, to a former member of a DCG organization that took Dash cryptocurrency from rank 6 in coinmarketcap and led it below 100, to come back? No need to wonder why dash will fall to below 1000 rank in coinmarketcap.

@kot is good enough to do the dishes, but as far as that. Dont give him more power, he failed before and he will probably do it again. You need new people that have not been tried yet, who have new ideas not implemented yet.

Last edited:

@AgnewPickens , @Bridgewater
What particular task would you have in mind mentioning Trust Protector role?
I would rather not take the role just for sake of taking the role but rather prefer to do something useful.
Why were the Trust Protectors created? My understanding -- which seems to accord with this overview written in 2018 -- is to help ensure that DCG remains accountable to the network. And that, if it's perceived that "performance is unacceptable", higher-up individuals, rather than that entire DAO, can be jettisoned and replaced. My question then is: has that happened? No one would dispute that there have been years of delays from DCG re: Evolution/Platform. Yet I'm not aware of Trust Protectors acting to curtail and improve that situation. So, while the Trust Protectors may sound good on paper, I question why any effort should be allocated to perpetuate that entity.

@AgnewPickens , @Bridgewater
What particular task would you have in mind mentioning Trust Protector role?
I would rather not take the role just for sake of taking the role but rather prefer to do something useful.

As somebody who worked for DCG, you may be more effective at getting things done that the network wants to see done, like getting them to set a deadline for Evo release. Also, with reserve funds running out, hard decisions have to be made inside DCG, you may be able to help there as well.

Why were the Trust Protectors created? My understanding -- which seems to accord with this overview written in 2018 -- is to help ensure that DCG remains accountable to the network. And that, if it's perceived that "performance is unacceptable", higher-up individuals, rather than that entire DAO, can be jettisoned and replaced. My question then is: has that happened? No one would dispute that there have been years of delays from DCG re: Evolution/Platform. Yet I'm not aware of Trust Protectors acting to curtail and improve that situation. So, while the Trust Protectors may sound good on paper, I question why any effort should be allocated to perpetuate that entity.
Correct. the solution is that the DAO needs to hire firms to complete discrete things. Ideally, hire multiple firms for the same task and pick the best concept/research/implementation.

Forming an entity that the network then hopes to control is bad for all the reasons that are now obvious.

I was under the impression he wasn't given enough resources / restricted. I mean, soon as he joined DCG it all went quiet and I was assuming there was some kind of onboarding process.

In any event, I would like to see new (non-DCG) hires / team that can re-ignite community hopes and somehow convince existing voters that change can be a positive thing.

He wasn't restricted, he restricted himself and refused to engage anywhere except his TG channels. At least other DCG members actually reach out Discord/forum/etc

Correct. the solution is that the DAO needs to hire firms to complete discrete things. Ideally, hire multiple firms for the same task and pick the best concept/research/implementation.

Forming an entity that the network then hopes to control is bad for all the reasons that are now obvious.
Sure, if by "firms" you mean DAOs. Maybe -- to continue what you suggested -- it could operate in a bounty fashion, i.e. "The first team to complete this task gets this funding." Of course, that may incentivize shoddy code. But then the reputation of that DAO would suffer and they wouldn't be as likely to receive funding in the future. What does seem relevant is that the size of the teams matter. To have one big entity with some contributing a lot and some not so much, doesn't seem as effective or nimble as having smaller teams. The latter would allow granularity and of course, teams could always collaborate where needed.

you people have lost the plot so completely.
DCG is not getting defunded by the voters, and we currently have no oversight mechaism for voters. We are not seeing big DFOs getting defunded, and DCG is the largest. We need to reopen the lines of communications between MNOs and DCG in an official capacity.

Sure, if by "firms" you mean DAOs. Maybe -- to continue what you suggested -- it could operate in a bounty fashion, i.e. "The first team to complete this task gets this funding."

And how do you define the bounty amount? Vote the numbers. I am so tired to repeat that, again and again, 7 years now.

It is a combination of both.
  1. The masternodes should vote it, approve it, then define a bounty for the job and for the testing of the job.
  2. An independant developer (or the core team) should code it.
  3. Finnaly the core team should test it, approve it, then give the bounty to the people who did the job and the testing.

Last edited:
You can read Ryan's initial post on the introduction of the Trust here
According to this, the masternodes still need to vote to instruct the Trust to perform a review of or make changes to DCG's Board. They need to go through the Trust because they legally cannot do that as "shareholders" without doxxing themselves. To me, it is unclear from Ryan's post what effect "replacing" a Board member has on DCG. Does that mean an executive is fired from DCG? or just doesn't have a seat on the Board of Directors anymore but keeps his managerial position?

Although this is a pretty informative post, I think there may have been some evolution in the way the Trust and the Board interact with each other. There is most likely an informative story here, but I don't know enough of the details to recount it. I think in later stages, DCG's Board consisted of half Trust Protectors and half DCG executives.

I think that to fully understand the situation, we would need to revisit how the DCG Board is supposed to operate (along with the TP's explicit role in it), and how the Board directly relates to DCG's management. For example, I think they may have monthly meetings? I assume that's where the higher-level planning and decision making occurred. And the DCG managers would have to abide by/work toward the decisions made by the Board, right? And since the Trust Protectors were on this Board and in attendance, the masternodes' interests were represented. However, none of this is referenced in Ryan's July 31 Forum post, so there might be some documentation and policies that I'm missing.

The above point, in my opinion, is the most critical, because we have an upper-level management hole or distance between the masternode shareholders and DCG currently, and I though the TPs were bridging that gap. However, if the only role of the TP is to evaluate the board and replace board members, but don't actually have any effect on DCG operations and have a say in Management, then maybe they're just a passive tool to be summoned up only when the masternodes vote them to do something (evaluate Board, replace Board members, sell off DCG assets)

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,
Another thing I would support would be you taking another executive role with DCG, you were my direct supervisor for Forum administration and I thank you for the work you put in gratis reviving the Forum after the Xenforo upgrade. Currently, DCG is rudderless with only 1 C Level officer in Sam, at least come back as interim COO, DCG could use your skills during this downszing transition.

Sure, if by "firms" you mean DAOs. Maybe -- to continue what you suggested -- it could operate in a bounty fashion, i.e. "The first team to complete this task gets this funding." Of course, that may incentivize shoddy code. But then the reputation of that DAO would suffer and they wouldn't be as likely to receive funding in the future. What does seem relevant is that the size of the teams matter. To have one big entity with some contributing a lot and some not so much, doesn't seem as effective or nimble as having smaller teams. The latter would allow granularity and of course, teams could always collaborate where needed.
Why should the Dash DAO care if it is recieving services from an individual, an llc, a corporation, or a DAO? It seems as long as it gets the service or product it paid for, it should not care at all.

Back