• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

4k MNs Check your EVOnodes

94/90 4k MNs (Total/Enabled)
Today 4 are no longer working.
Someone doesn't keep their Evonodes working properly

Evo is a pure bullshit. I wonder, how many tones of stupidity sould someone carry, to support that bullshit?

"He who swallows a pestle will sleep standing up."

Not sure this thread belongs in the mining section, as Masternodes & Evonodes are not miners.

Knipsel.JPG

Evonodes with PoSe bans since 14-11-2023 (v20 update) and restarted : 8
Evonodes with PoSe bans since 14-11-2023 (v20 update) and still in PoSe ban status : 3
Evonodes currently having PoSe Penalty scores + Enabled : 13
Number of total Evonodes : 97

Masternodes with PoSe bans since 14-11-2023 (v20 update) and restarted : 27
Masternodes with PoSe bans since 14-11-2023 (v20 update) and still in PoSe ban status : 24 (some could have been converted to Evonodes)
Masternodes currently having PoSe Penalty scores + Enabled : 87
Number of total masternodes : 3964

Percentage of Masternodes (and i assume also Evonodes) updated to Dash Core v20 (v20.0.0 + v20.0.1) : 58.3%
Percentage of miners updated to Dash Core v20 / Block version 0x20000200 (paid blocks correct ratio + paid blocks incorrect ratio) : 30.4%

Source : Dash Masternode Tool & dashninja.pl website & Dash Core wallet v20.0.1

Last edited:
Evo is a pure bullshit. I wonder, how many tones of stupidity sould someone carry, to support that bullshit?

Unfortunately, there's no going back. Evo nodes are not just here to stay, they will eventually be the only nodes, because the day will come when DCG declare there is no functional use for keeping them, just like Horizen. Talking of which, rewards for super nodes on horizen barely cover hosting hosts, which is a situation evo nodes could find themselves in.

100% Proof of Stake and switching to 10K evo nodes remain on DCG's list of things to do.

Unfortunately, there's no going back. Evo nodes are not just here to stay, they will eventually be the only nodes, because the day will come when DCG declare there is no functional use for keeping them, just like Horizen. Talking of which, rewards for super nodes on horizen barely cover hosting hosts, which is a situation evo nodes could find themselves in.

100% Proof of Stake and switching to 10K evo nodes remain on DCG's list of things to do.

Of course there is going back. This is what governance is made for. It allows going back.

But before rolling back the immense stupidity of the high collateral masternodes (ironically named "Evolution_nodes", in the future this bullshit will be named "Dissolution_nodes") the Dash community should first challenge an even greater stupidity, the cause of the destruction of almost all the good proposals here in dash, the infamous "10% net votes" voting system.

The infamous "10% net votes" voting system is such immensely stupid that results for proposals to be rejected while having 11.93 % voting participation and being supported by the 82.46% of the voters!!!!! This voting system has been imposed by agents, and has never been voted. Nobody has ever demanded for the "10% net votes" voting system to pass a "10% net votes" threshold (to pass the bold rule). This proves (once again) the immense stupidity of the masternodes (and of the Dash community in general).

Last edited:
Except I no longer care enough for dash to undo the long list of missteps. I am re-discovering how so many crypto projects, including dash, are so isolated / uninterested in collaborations, that I will just call them legacy second-gen blockchains. Imo, long term, the masternode model is dead and no one here is brave enough to re-think and challenge it, they would prefer a long slow death.

The future will be entirely built around layer 0 interconnections. If dash can re-invent and plug itself in to layer 0 infrastructure then okay, I could re-evaluate my position.

100/97 4k MNs (Total/Enabled)

The current network upgrade has some issues with PoSe bans which will be resolved in v20.0.2, til then, MNOs are advised to keep a close eye on their nodes and indeed verify the height is correct and the node is up and if not take swift action to resolve any issues.

This time without a specific time period and more focus on status Enabled, instead of Total :

The number of Enabled Evonodes with PoSe Penalty scores : 12 (12 of 100)
The number of Evonodes with PoSe bans : 2
Number of Enabled Evonodes : 100

The number of Enabled 1K Masternodes with PoSe Penalty scores : 138 (138 of 3296)
The number of 1K Masternodes with PoSe bans : 660 (some 400 of these could have been converted to Evonodes)
Number of Enabled 1K Masternodes : 3296

Source : Dash Masternode Tool (DMT)

Makes me wonder if the PoSe scoring bug, that was discovered recently by DCG, is affecting 1K Masternodes more (which are running on lower hardware, then most Evonodes right now).

Here is hoping that Dash Core v20.0.2 hotfix gets released soon, looks like MNO's need it.

Last edited:
100/97 4k MNs (Total/Enabled)

The current network upgrade has some issues with PoSe bans which will be resolved in v20.0.2, til then, MNOs are advised to keep a close eye on their nodes and indeed verify the height is correct and the node is up and if not take swift action to resolve any issues.

Now that we have 100 High Collateral nodes, why GroveDB is not up and running on them?

Does DCG wants above the one pile of shit (that is named High Collateral Masternodes) to add yet another pile of shit (by NOT running ASAP GroveDB)?

WEN EVO?

Last edited:
I am more interested in understanding what is happening with Pasta's mentioned v20.0.2 hotfix in latest Dash Platform and Core Development Update (www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtJDLBUeGhE timestamp 40:55). I think the PoSe scoring bug is related to these two pull requests (pull 5745 is superseding pull 5738)

https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/5738 (backport-candidate-20.x )
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/5745 (20.1)

Does this mean no more Dash Core v20.0.2 hotfix ? (as pull 5745 is no longer a backport-candidate)

Last edited:
3919/3273 1k MNs (Total/Enabled)
103/94 4k MNs (Total/Enabled)

A lot of masternodes got hit with PoSe bans. One thing I noticed is v20 is very hungry for RAM, possibly even leaks, I will report more later when we have v20.0.2.

3919/3273 1k MNs (Total/Enabled)
103/94 4k MNs (Total/Enabled)

A lot of masternodes got hit with PoSe bans. One thing I noticed is v20 is very hungry for RAM, possibly even leaks, I will report more later when we have v20.0.2.
My Evonodes are each currently at 21% RAM usage (of 24GB RAM). I am not sure how high the RAM usage was with v19.3 (not shown on my VPS statistics), but i don't think v20 is currently leaking RAM on my Evonodes (not increasing beyond 21% RAM usage).

I will do a server reboot after next Core update, and see if the RAM usage stays at 21% (of 24GB RAM)
Update : first sign of v20.0.2 (hotfix) --> https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/5750

Last edited:
3912/3259 1k MNs (Total/Enabled)
107/101 4k MNs (Total/Enabled)

I am also seeing high RAM usage, I can absolutely confirm it is way more than v19.3, but is the MN doing more work to justify the increase? I dunno, I kinda doubt it because we are pre-fork.

Masternode owners are converting their Masternodes to Evonodes, so the number of PoSe bans on Masternodes has been increasing as they move their 1K collateral towards 4K collateral to setup an Evonode. So an certain number of PoSe bans is expected there (some 400 Pose bans on Masternodes for converting and setting up some 100 Evonodes).

But for some reason the Pose bans on Evonodes are increasing as well lately (i counted 17 PoSe bans yesterday). That could be because they are perhaps updating to v20.0.2 (hotfix) which means a brief stopping of dashd (at which they are at risk of getting a high PoSe Penalty score, if the network has already selected them for a dkg session) or it could be that they have not yet updated to v20.0.2 and are starting to feel the full effect now of the PoSe Penalty scoring bug (which v20.0.2 aims to fix). Or it could be that those Evonodes are still on Dash Core v19.x and are now getting PoSe Penalty scored for being on an old Dash Core version ?

Last edited:
Back