• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I think Dash needs some changes

Do we have a DEX to exchange our Dash for dollars, or BTC without third parties?
Actually, there are DEX options where Dash can be swapped for stables, and if you don't trust an LP, you can use something like KMD Wallet, Dash is a legacy chain on their DEXes,

There are two ways to learn based on errors:

1- own mistakes

2-mistakes of others.

Unfortunately we have chosen the second mode for several years.

I understand your position, and I appreciate your view of the current problem, from your perspective.

I support what you say, as sometimes, it is not necessary to achieve perfection, simply granting usefulness is more than enough.

As for the budget for programmers, engineers, and so on... if we have a working product, I guess we'll just need a smaller maintenance group, and not a huge set of programmers with nothing to code.

Regarding the issue of marketing, I consider it as something fundamental that must be treated very carefully. It is not the same to shoot 1000 bullets without aiming than one well-aimed one that hits the target.

Throwing funds away to promote minor events, I see it as absurd. I always remember everything that happened in Venezuela and that it has not been of much use seeing the popularity of Dash.

However, we all remember Matt Damon in the Cripto.com advertising

Take the platform forward and then you can focus a large part of the budget on showing it efficiently to the world, and you will see how it will go a long way.

Good luck,
Hello ! Just to contribute in this cool discussion, as creator (french writor) & user :

"Does dash could be a good day-by-day money ?

And first, what is a day-by-day (dBd) money ? From my point of vue, it is the futur of money : you can get some each day, you can spend some each day for all daily activities as simple as get vegetables or take the bus.
As writor of novels - anticipation & distopie - my point of vue may be singular, of course of course..
But as writor of novels I dream to live thanks to my work, and I see in cryptocurrencies a way to evolve to this dBd money : if each day one, two or three people in the world give me a few amount of crypto to read one of my texts, each day I can spend it to eat and live.
A dBd money is the opposite of a spéculative product nor a staking - "to stak" is just a new "to capitalize" : you earn because you immobilize a value.

But crypto currencies claims to circulate !

As ideas, products, créations, knowledge, ... and many other things in the world !
So if we need something, to validate into the time a spécial moment like a transaction, all we need is a cool, private, fast and easy to use dBd money to circulate into economy.
Could Dash be this dBd money ?
I think so, yes."

It's an extact of an article I wrote. I think crypto need éducation programs, promotion and IRL use to grow IRL users ..

And in this point I have a question : is it still possible to have Access Somewhere to an ancien orange testnet wallet ? To use it for an éducative experiment I think about ?

Thank you for your attention, for your créations & have a good day 🌞

I accept your point of view, but I don't share it.
Same here ;)
Good comments anyway - thanks for sharing them.

I don't suggest Ryan was perfect and everything would be much better with him - because I have no idea how would it be.
Ryan wasn't perfect CEO for sure - he wasn't able to fire the incompetent developers when he should have do it. Yes, let's be honest - they are incompetent. There is no way to continue pretending that we have a great team of devs. They promised us in 2016/2017 to deliver Evo in 6-9 months - 7 years later there is still no Evo.
Ryan has been removed 2 years ago, along with other managers, who supposedly were blocking progress. DCG became a purely dev-lead company, as requested many times by the community. Same developers remained and same problems remained - I think it is hard to deny it after those two years.
Not great at all. Ryan should have recognized the problem much earlier and apply difficult but necessary corrective actions - he didn't.

However there were areas, where he was simply shining and I was referring mainly to this part.
Internally in DGC, he was able to organize things, resolve disputes and create business ideas. At the moment DCG is on the edge of bankruptcy without proper management. He also contributed a lot to the development process by sharing his business knowledge. And he was simply a great, honest person - one of the best I have ever met.

Ryan was brilliant in communication - he was able to talk to anyone - regulators, scholars, high level managers, all business partners around the globe, press, youtubers or community. I can easily say, he had better knowledge and understanding of crypto and finance than 99% of CEOs in crypto space and he was able to communicate it in a very clear way. Till this day, there is no other person in the project to compare to him in this area.
Without Ryan (and a few others) there is no Dash in media, crypto news, press, podcasts etc. There is no one to go on a big stage on conference and talk about Dash, no one to sit with other big names on the panel and lead conversation. Even the internal communication from DCG to community dropped dramatically.
I think Ryan was the greatest at representing Dash and talking about Dash.

Greetings and health. (y)

Last edited:
These are some of the tasks that still need to be done by DCG, before Dash Platform features (currently laying dormant in Dash Core v20) can be activated and Evonodes finally can gain access to both L1 and L2. Evonodes on Mainnet (124) are currently restricted to just L1 and are basically acting as normal masternodes right now.

Consensus issues discovered:
Making sure that replaying state transitions can not take down the network (2 people for 4 days left of work - most work here already completed) Done
Implement multithread drive query solution (discovered during stress tests) (3 people for 2 weeks left of work)
Ask for all core information once for all state transitions in a block (discovered during stress tests) (2 people 3 days)
Bug in data contract queries (1 person 1 day) Done

Features left:
Masternode Voting (2 people for 7 days left of work - currently postponed till after issues are finished)

Fine tuning
Making sure that fees are set to values that represent costs to actual Evonode operators (3 weeks 2 people)
Internal code review (All the team 2 weeks)

Client side
Making sure that clients have properly integrated the Dash SDK (4 man/weeks left of work - mostly taken on by mobile team)

Testing
Additional stress tests (2 people 1 week)
Additional mechanisms for better testing (1 person 3 weeks)
Final testing of protocol upgrades (2 people 3 days)
Chain halt mitigation process (2 people 3 days)

Might be needed
State Sync (2 people 3 weeks) - We hope to be able to release without this.
Query fees (2 people 2 weeks) - We currently do not charge state transitions for lookup queries, since this is vastly inferior to other state transition costs we believe we can release without this feature.
Dapi rewritten in Rust (2 people 3 weeks) - Dapi is currently written in Javascript, it's only 14k lines of code (which is mostly boilerplate). Since it was never an expensive part of the system this was kept in Javascript, however it might prove too unreliable. Currently though we see it working well enough for release.
Source : https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DCG-SUPPLEMENTAL-FEB24

I think once Platform features gets activated on Mainnet and is running smoothly, we all (Dash community, MNO's, devs) will need to have a serious discussion about how DCG should reorganise, so that DCG ends up giving a much more accurate development estimate (and a timeline !!) to the Dash community and provide a Dash Roadmap that does not have its goal posts moved, changed or postponed every year. These things simply destroy trust, which leads to Dash users / investors moving onto other projects.

I still find it difficult to understand why DCG, being one feature away from being feature-complete (only Masternode voting left) and being in a testing phase for some time now on Testnet, still can not determine which minor or major Core version should be used to activate the Dash Platform features on Mainnet. Right now mn_rr hard fork (which will activate Platform Features on Mainnet) hangs somewhere between v20.0.4 and v21 on their roadmap. Does it require Dash Core v21 ? Will it be merged in Dash Core v20.2 ? or merged in Dash Core v20.3 ? Total silence on that.

For all we know they could just postpone this activation / hard fork merge to the very end of 2024. By just spending time on finetuning, refactoring, optimizing, and testing Dash Platform on Testnet throughout this year. Any statement from devs that they want Platform delivered to Mainnet soon (this year) lost pretty much all meaning last year for me (when they promised the same). And with the Dash Treasury doubled in size (from 10% to 20%) and DCG requesting both higher DCG compensation and still requesting additional leftover funding, i just don't see much pressure to deliver for them anymore. Sure they get the occassional 'Wen Evo' question from the Dash community, but i don't really see much pressure to deliver for them after the Treasury reallocation took place.

Last edited:
@qwizzie
You are absolutely correct.
This is a result of not having any consequences when not delivering as promised. For years.

@qwizzie
You are absolutely correct.
This is a result of not having any consequences when not delivering as promised. For years.
kot asks for accountabilty, now that he is not affiliated with DCG. What a joke!
When kot used to be a DCG member he never asked for accountability!
I am asking for accountability since 8 years !!!!
CAN YOU FIND AN OLD COMMENT OR AN OLD VOTE OF KOT, IN FAVOR OF ACCOUNTABILITY?
Probably whatever he is asking right now is not sincere, it is rooted by his hypocrisy and pharisaism.

Dash News Network

• Message Deleted by UdjinM6 at May 18, 2018

Dash News Network said at Dec 30, 2017:​

"demo's very reasonable proposal is not finding a lot of support because the DashHole community hates any semblance of accountability. Just as failed/scam projects have no way to be held accountable, so must Masternode owners also be absolved of all responsibility for voting to fund scams and failures. This arrangement is congruent with the theory that Evan and his Core Club insiders are using proposals to launder their Instamined coins, under color of 'development.' We need an independent pubic audit of Dash Core finances before the conflicts of interest result in more scandals and inevitably draw attention from regulators and/or law enforcement. Otherwise well-run projects like Cardano will continue to blow past Dash's increasingly irrelevant and unimpressive market cap."

After 8 continuous years of lack of accountability in Dash:

Dash Marketcap: $346,117,540
Cardano Marketcap: $20,561,589,682

Eat the dust, stupid masternodes!

Last edited:
When kot used to be a DCG member he never asked for accountability!
Oh, I did. Feel free to verify with CTO since when I asked him (and previous CTO too) these developers to be replaced.

Oh, I did. Feel free to verify with CTO since when I asked him (and previous CTO too) these developers to be replaced.
I remember Sam confirming this previously (as this was brought up before).
Not sure how many times we need to have this verified for demo.

It is just a bit of a shame that it had to come to a lingering Altcoins bear market and DCG reserves dwindling to the point that everyone became aware that DCG reserves at that rate would be depleted end of 2023, before DCG went into full survival mode (downsizing their developers and taking a critical look at their runrate).

Dash first bear market (2014-2015) : DCG unprepared and hit hard (no reserves build-up in place at that time)
Dash latest bear market (2021-2024) : DCG unprepared and hit even harder despite having reserves in place (DCG / Board reacting way too late to the Altcoins bear market with regards to decreasing their operational runrate and downsizing the number of their developers, causing DCG reserves to deplete at an alarming rate)

Have DCG really learned something here ? I am not sure. Ultimately all they really did was getting more dependent on the DAO.
The same DAO that will get less and less dash to allocate each year (Dash has a yearly 7.1% reduction on its blockrewards, to address supply inflation).

How long before DCG finds itself in the exact same situation again ? How will DCG cope with the next major bear market, in combination with less Treasury to allocate and a high operational runrate ?

Last edited:
When it happened in the past, Dash had a very interesting project on the table: Cheap and instant payments, an ROI through master nodes, the possibility of private sending... all this was revolutionary 8 or 9 years ago, but not today It is nothing compared to what other projects offer.I want fast payments?... well I use USDT with tron for example at a very low cost, I want an ROI, well I use aave, compound, uniswap... I want hidden payments, well monero...There is nothing right now that can lead Dash to make a difference.

Do we have a DEX to exchange our Dash for dollars, or BTC without third parties?

Very good observations.

ROI is good attraction point, you get some 20% ROI like Anchor protocol, and capital will notice immediately, but how to sustain it? You need a mathematical sound model instead of pyramid scheme

The liquidity is the key when someone is moving large amount of capital and trying to lose their trace, that is why BNB suddenly become so successful, Binance was the biggest money laundering machine before they established KYC rules

But any coin, especially established one, have the potential to stop the capital flow trace through a cross-chain swap (In fact for me that is the only reason No.3 and beyond coin have any serious value at all). Without smart contract functionality, Dash would have to rely on cross-chain DEXs like Thorswap, the biggest cross-chain DEX I know of, others are either KYCed or do only same chain swap

Dash just missed another significant bull run.
If this is not a signal for you that significant changes are needed, the project is doomed.
I'm pretty sure, Dash will have amplified reaction during the bear market, on the other hand.

How much more time (and consumed money) are we going to wait for the perfection called Evo, so we can exit this slow dying mode?

Dash just missed another significant bull run.
If this is not a signal for you that significant changes are needed, the project is doomed.
I'm pretty sure, Dash will have amplified reaction during the bear market, on the other hand.

How much more time (and consumed money) are we going to wait for the perfection called Evo, so we can exit this slow dying mode?

So i think it will be a slow rise for Dash price and a lot of other Altcoins, untill Bitcoin price established a new ATH and goes into a heavy correction. During which i think Altcoins Season will kick off in earnest. DASH/BTC will need some time to recover from this Bitcoin bullrun though.

Kraken
Knipsel.JPG

Source : tradingview

Coinbase
Knipsel1.JPG

All in all i think we are still some six months away from seeing a significant Dash price rise (way more then 2x), as i think DASH/BTC pairs will at least need that much time to recover. Untill that time i suspect Dash price will just be slowly rising along with Bitcoin price. With some price volatility occurring from time to time.

This is assuming that DASH/BTC pairs are still playing a major role in Dash future pumps. It could be that the next Dash pump comes from tether related Dash pairs, at which point a Dash bull market / bullrun could form a bit more unexpectedly.

Tomorrow i will post a few longterm monthly price charts (BTC/USD, DASH/USD, DASH/BTC) on below link, in an ongoing effort to detect developing price trends : https://www.dash.org/forum/index.ph...longterm-price-trend-speculation.53152/page-6

Stay tuned.....

Last edited:

So i think it will be a slow rise for Dash price and a lot of other Altcoins, untill Bitcoin price established a new ATH and goes into a heavy correction. During which i think Altcoins Season will kick off in earnest. DASH/BTC will need some time to recover from this Bitcoin bullrun though.

Kraken
View attachment 12340

Coinbase
View attachment 12341

All in all i think we are still some six months away from seeing a significant Dash price rise (way more then 2x), as i think DASH/BTC pairs will at least need that much time to recover. Untill that time i suspect Dash price will just be slowly rising along with Bitcoin price. With some price volatility occurring from time to time.

This is assuming that DASH/BTC pairs are still playing a major role in Dash future pumps. It could be that the next Dash pump comes from tether related Dash pairs, at which point a Dash bull market / bullrun could form a bit more unexpectedly.

Tomorrow i will post a few longterm monthly price charts (BTC/USD, DASH/USD, DASH/BTC) on below link, in an ongoing effort to detect developing price trends : https://www.dash.org/forum/index.ph...longterm-price-trend-speculation.53152/page-6

Stay tuned.....
I think the Dash/BTC price only affects Dash/USD price when there is a major dump in BTC, the play with most of the alt sector now is USDT or other stables or fiat. Only bots trade Dash against BTC, all the retail uses stables or fiat to buy, sell, trade Dash.

Interesting post from Telegram (by Oema):

Here is the issue.

Just because you own some tokens, doesn’t mean your qualified to make business decisions. Harsh, but true.

So what we have here is a business run in part by a group of people not qualified to make business decisions.

I don’t know how that is reconciled within any DAO.

Sure, a DAO can elect people that are qualified to make said business decisions, but then again, the same DAO can fire them when they don’t like said business decisions. Which we’ve already gone over in point one, they may not be qualified to make said decisions…

In the case of DASH, the business decisions being made are clearly not working, yet the DAO keeps funding the same poor business decisions.

If this was a regular organization, correctly measured by performance metrics, which is how you run a business, every one involved would have been terminated long ago.

Yet, we’ve come up with a DAO, which is supposed to be a superior governance model. However, the DAO is incapable of making sound business decisions based on performance metrics, which is clearly indicated by the poor performance.

Interesting post from Telegram (by Oema):

Here is the issue.

Just because you own some tokens, doesn’t mean your qualified to make business decisions. Harsh, but true.

So what we have here is a business run in part by a group of people not qualified to make business decisions.

I don’t know how that is reconciled within any DAO.

Sure, a DAO can elect people that are qualified to make said business decisions, but then again, the same DAO can fire them when they don’t like said business decisions. Which we’ve already gone over in point one, they may not be qualified to make said decisions…

In the case of DASH, the business decisions being made are clearly not working, yet the DAO keeps funding the same poor business decisions.

If this was a regular organization, correctly measured by performance metrics, which is how you run a business, every one involved would have been terminated long ago.

Yet, we’ve come up with a DAO, which is supposed to be a superior governance model. However, the DAO is incapable of making sound business decisions based on performance metrics, which is clearly indicated by the poor performance.

🥱

Robert, please remind the the OP, that your generation were actually fired or otherwise walked.
  • Yourself
  • Ryan Taylor
  • Tungfa
  • Glenn
  • Ernesto
  • Andy
  • Anton
  • Fernando
  • etc
DCG is now a completely new team and showing results. The problem we have is your generation pissed away all the budget and oversaw the coin price lose almost all of its purchasing power, leaving the current team with almost nothing to finish the job! So, thanks a bunch for that mate !

Here is the current team, which of your mates are still in there? https://www.dash.org/dcg/ Won't be many. So, sit back and let those that can do the work do it and enjoy the results of that work, completing tasks your lot f'ed up.

Still so much zealous support for devs that till this date still not have produced a feature-complete Platform on Testnet, are still introducing Platform Github feat. pull requests that have little to do the last remaining open feature Masternode Voting (making it doubtfull that Masternode Voting really is the last Platform feature to implement, before a code freeze). Which means we could be in this Platform not-feature-complete state for quite some time.

Devs who made countless promises to release Platform to Mainnet end 2022, end 2023 and now somewhere 2024 under their 'completely new team and new leadership', made the Dash Roadmap an embarrassment instead of an asset by constantly moving goalposts forward or removing them completely, caused a bloody chain halt on Mainnet, caused so many crashes / downtime of Testnet these last few years that i lost count, abandoned Testnet testing on dash.org/forum, to this day continue making unreliable project delivery estimates, can not even communicate to MNO's or the Dash community with which Core version Platform should activate on Mainnet, show zero results at actually improving their project delivery estimates and have shown to be late / too late when it comes to responding to changing market conditions, leading to a situation where those devs were basically out of funding during this bear market. Which they solved by asking and getting an increase of DAO budget and asking for more compensation, while still introducing additional budget funding requests which look to be an ongoing process, despite earlier statements that this was just for a few months (3 months ?).

The only thing i am looking forward to is the increase of APY that Evonodes will receive, once devs finally merge the mn_rr hard fork in some Core version, which will activate the Platform features. But if that happens during a Dash bull market / bullrun, then that increase of APY will be weighted against my need to this time take more profit during that (usually short) Dash bull market and the inevitable Dash bear market that follows. Unless devs manage to restore some of my lost trust in them by giving reliable project delivery estimates going forward and start providing a reliable and informative Dash Roadmap. But so far i have not noticed any signs of that.

From a project management point of view, this all has been a disaster for many many years now (even before the new team / new leadership), with one steady fixed outcome : delay & increased uncertainty.

#end_of_rant

Last edited:
Ending the first quarter of 2024 and there are still people who think which platform will be operational one day?

Dash is turning into an absurd monster who doesn't know what he's chasing.

First we were a dark currency PoW, then the master nodes appeared and we were PoS, later a fast currency with many transactions... finally privacy did not seem so important, for that there was already Monero or Zcash, it seemed good to us to reduce mining by giving away more coins to MN holders, then the nodes that were our reference were surpassed by other projects like Flux. It seemed necessary to us to have smart contracts because the platforms that managed them were gaining capitalization and use, and we began to speculate on what evolution/platform could be... we wanted contracts, an own DEX exchange, a stable currency, second layers...

I said a long time ago on bitcointalk, when we were in 50th place, that we would lose 200th place, and I said it and it is written there. I also said that the previous DCG team laughed at us and enriched themselves with work that was never delivered but did detract a lot of currency value, and with other irrelevant work.

Have we learned something? Obviously not... we're still chasing rabbits that escaped a long time ago. Dash will never be above $500 again, and will never exceed 0.01 BTC again.

What's more, I assure you that soon you will be able to buy a master node for 0.0001BTC, and it is a very simple account.

Why? Well, because no one needs to use Dash for anything right now. There are a thousand coins that do the same thing with 1% of Dash's budget.

We all wait for the big Pump that will happen one day and will make a X10 candle in one night... but then we wake up and have lost another 10%.

If the currency had not been touched since 2017, and the entire treasury had been burned, we would almost certainly be in the top 50 now.

Remember that sometimes it is better to do nothing than to do something wrong.

Keep giving money to those who don't love the project, like these years, and one day you will wake up and all this will only be a memory.

One day a smiling Evan convinced me to believe in something, I bet for it, and here I am still, but what I see today is not even the shadow of that dream. I don't care about the money anymore, what hurts me is having lost my hope.

Greetings colleagues, the path is full of stones, but we cannot always must trip over them.

Last edited:
Back