• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC3 Soft Fork

Yea, i guess that's part of the 'soft launch' - actually getblocktemplate returned payee for each of last 5 blocks, but inspecting generation TX in explorer reveals that masternodes have not been paid in these last 5 blocks.
Currentely drkpool supports payment.

Yea, i guess that's part of the 'soft launch' - actually getblocktemplate returned payee for each of last 5 blocks, but explorer reveals that masternodes have not been paid in these last 5 blocks.
I think the plan was for the voting to begin, but payments won't start until the devs are sure that the network is stable. So those are (intentionally) notional votes until the actual payments are turned on.

I think the plan was for the voting to begin, but payments won't start until the devs are sure that the network is stable. So those are (intentionally) notional votes until the actual payments are turned on.

But there are blocks with payments already: http://explorer.darkcoin.io/block/00000000000dc7041088a24e07904083daa99e684ebedcdb7d61bfa59ee813bd

So payment IS turned on, but not enforced - so that payee field notes who will be paid, if next block is found by updated miner :smile:

Outdated miners will ignore the field, as for them the value of masternode_payments is still 'false'

Last edited by a moderator:
the :
Masternode
Payee[from confirmed block]

are empty... did even turn off payments?
It's not enforced yet.
Code:
   "enforce_masternode_payments" : false

sv1: # darkcoind enforcecheckpoint

error: {"code":-1,"message":"enforcecheckpoint <enforce> <enforcemasternodepayments>\n<enforce> is true or false to enable or disable enforcement of broadcasted checkpoints by developer.<enforcemasternodepayments> change if the network should enforce masternode payment rules for blocks"}

Pools should be updated.

When would we start seeing maternode payee on the page? OR do we still need more votes?

And anyone good with math, can calculate the ROI on a MN now?

I just got this in my debug log

2014-06-26 03:58:15 peer=31 says we are misbehaving 20
2014-06-26 03:58:16 peer=37 says we are misbehaving 20

When would we start seeing maternode payee on the page? OR do we still need more votes?

And anyone good with math, can calculate the ROI on a MN now?

Hard to calculate at the moment, as payments are not enforced - so you would need a ratio on how many miners/hashrate are updated to estimate that.

Maybe chaeplin is able to count what blocks have actually been paid? That would give us the ratio we need to calculate ROI

Last edited by a moderator:
Hui, Ninja-Style update...

Please confirm that 0.10.11.4 does not return the votes on 'getblocktemplate' - only showing payee:

Code:
drkmn01@ip-10-65-166-48:~/.darkcoin$ ./darkcoind getblocktemplate
{
    "version" : 2,
    "previousblockhash" : "00000000000482062ee2a1df07392e8f9270ce10fc8ea02aa3d0bfa5e92aec90",
    "transactions" : [
    ],
    "coinbaseaux" : {
        "flags" : "062f503253482f"
    },
    "coinbasevalue" : 500000000,
    "target" : "00000000000e7a7b000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000",
    "mintime" : 1403752850,
    "mutable" : [
        "time",
        "transactions",
        "prevblock"
    ],
    "noncerange" : "00000000ffffffff",
    "sigoplimit" : 20000,
    "sizelimit" : 1000000,
    "curtime" : 1403753696,
    "bits" : "1b0e7a7b",
    "height" : 91807,
    "votes" : [
    ],
    "payee" : "XhE5LZyCZ2DFHgCzRRf6oNvXmQHTgSPVyH",
    "masternode_payments" : true,
    "enforce_masternode_payments" : false
}

Yep, that is correct.

Ok guys so if did my masternode setup with remote ubuntu - local cold storage windows. What's the best way for me to update, do I have to it all over again or can I simply download the new windows qt binary, and the new linux binaries with the same config? What's the best way to update on linux (command line)?

Ok guys so if did my masternode setup with remote ubuntu - local cold storage windows. What's the best way for me to update, do I have to it all over again or can I simply download the new windows qt binary, and the new linux binaries with the same config? What's the best way to update on linux (command line)?

I have a tutorial for updating at http://planetcrypton.com/update-darkcoin-daemon

It's for ubuntu on both local and remote machine, but should be helpful.

Can anyone let me know if we also need to change any configuration on the remote or local machine to begin receiving payments? In particular, what about that "enforcement" setting? (Or is is "enforce_masternode_payments" or something else?)

Back