• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What the hell is wrong with this picture? i thought we were a decentralized project?

TheDashGuy

See you guys in a few days. This is getting a little annoying to keep dealing with.

Starting to look like an old fashion centralized company around here. I guess theres only 3 peoples opinions who matter.

Slack for iOS Upload-1.jpg

I don't exactly support Taos proposal as is but do you see me over here hounding him about spamming or anything just because I wish he would focus on something else? Or treating him like an annoying child like you guys always do?

No.

So get off your high horses. just because you bought so many nodes early on Daniel doesn't give you any sort of ownership over this goddamn project.

It's either decentralized or it isn't. Stop mincing words and meanings. Stick to your shit and stop going back and forth. You guys are really starting to worry me with this whole attitude honestly. Sort of wish I would have done more research about the team before committing so much of my time to this shit.

Grow the hell up and learn some people skills, you guys are really starting to show your true colors it seems. Dictating the way things are going to go and literally making people look bad who disagree with you and or starting some shit about people being trolls.

Not really sure why I'm here honestly, I believed in a decentralized economy that would be more fair to the average Joe, thats obviously not Dash. You guys just wanna stack more MN's while thier cheap, then control the voting all the way through! Smart move!

Such bullshit. Go ahead keep wasting the budget on getting richer and when the whole goddamn project collapses we'll know who to blame.

Get your shit together. Daniel. Kot. EVERYONE.

You'd think this was a fucking gamestop run by teenagers or something the way certain people act and throw around thier so called importance to the project.

In fairness to Daniel and Kot, I was actively trying to win the support of the core team in the official Slack today, and their comments may have just shown a disapproval of that. While I was surprised at the strength of their reactions (using the term "spamming" and trying to minimalize my skills as a leader), I understand why and I have promised not to approach them again.

Anyone who knows me knows that I would never do anything to hinder the progress of Dash, it would be counter-productive to my stated goals.

I don't share the same views as @TheDashGuy in his post above. However, if the goal of this project is decentralization, then we are going to have to become a heck of a lot more open to different styles and ideas to propel Dash forward.

As for @kot's marginalizing comments that I am not a good leader and only interested in self-promotion, that is VERY insulting. I have not asked for a thing in the two years I have been aggressively promoting Dash. I don't use my real picture or name, am I trying to promote a Dalmatian? To find out if I'm a good leader, ask the following people who I've inspired, or am currently inspiring:

@TheDashGuy @Solarminer @TroyDASH @InTheWoods @splawik21 @alex-ru @itscrazybro and the thousands of people who follow me on Twitter.

I would ask that the people who are in positions of influence in this project, be more receptive to different promotional ideas and initiatives. We all have the same goals, and that is to see Dash as the method of payment of choice in the future, outside of the influence of governments, giving the people financial freedom and power.

To know the reason for this exchange, I brought a concern of mine's proof to the core team. I saw that a person had asked a mining question over two days ago, and I noticed that it had still not been answered. I suggested that I could help with issues such as these to make people feel valued instead of ignored. I offered to make posts such as these and commit to follow up, as part of my community lead proposal. This is a way better way to deal with newbies.

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/newbie-questions-around-wallet-payment-address-and-pools.9208/

That's what led to the reaction of Daniel and Kot that @TheDashGuy posted.

Cheers,

Tao.

Actually, I have some sympathy for this because I was just about to post about centralization.. but might as well hijack your post :-D

I'm seeing proposals to lease / buy servers for development.. or to use centralized cloud services such as Google Apps... and all I can think is, WE HAVE OUR OWN CLOUD - 3800+ MNs - why aren't we making better use of those resources?? We shouldn't need someone else's cloud!

I guess the obvious argument will be that most MNs are running on VPNs. But I think that's a bit unfair because I'm sure, collectively, there's more than enough spare bandwidth, processing, memory and drive space that could be harnessed (currently going to waste).

Secondly, it's already been said that MNOs will need higher specs to cope with Evolution... so we clearly have some excuses to push boundaries.

And lastly, we were once discouraged for running home nodes because, in time, latency / bandwidth / reliability issues would become more important. Well guess what, home nodes get to keep 100% of the cycles with unlimited storage capacity. And not least more decentralised because they're not sitting on someone else's cloud service.

Having said all that, a long time ago I came to the conclusion that dash's priorities have changed... and to be fair, other cryptos. We're more interested in getting into bed with fiat (the very thing crypto was dissing), and less priority on privacy (almost no protection for MNOs). Despite this, I stick with dash, accepting it's not the dream I had, but simply a profitable organisation where owning a MN is more akin to owning a franchise. Once you accept the new normal, then the rest is all about numbers.

See you guys in a few days. This is getting a little annoying to keep dealing with.

Starting to look like an old fashion centralized company around here. I guess theres only 3 peoples opinions who matter.

View attachment 2504

I don't exactly support Taos proposal as is but do you see me over here hounding him about spamming or anything just because I wish he would focus on something else? Or treating him like an annoying child like you guys always do?

No.

So get off your high horses. just because you bought so many nodes early on Daniel doesn't give you any sort of ownership over this goddamn project.

It's either decentralized or it isn't. Stop mincing words and meanings. Stick to your shit and stop going back and forth. You guys are really starting to worry me with this whole attitude honestly. Sort of wish I would have done more research about the team before committing so much of my time to this shit.

Grow the hell up and learn some people skills, you guys are really starting to show your true colors it seems. Dictating the way things are going to go and literally making people look bad who disagree with you and or starting some shit about people being trolls.

Not really sure why I'm here honestly, I believed in a decentralized economy that would be more fair to the average Joe, thats obviously not Dash. You guys just wanna stack more MN's while thier cheap, then control the voting all the way through! Smart move!

Such bullshit. Go ahead keep wasting the budget on getting richer and when the whole goddamn project collapses we'll know who to blame.

Get your shit together. Daniel. Kot. EVERYONE.

You'd think this was a fucking gamestop run by teenagers or something the way certain people act and throw around thier so called importance to the project.

hey
pull yourself together and watch your language please ! no need for personal insults and foul language !

I share @TaoOfSatoshi's sentiment above.
I too was disappointed by those responses, but calling out people here on the forum is not the appropriate measure. I think many of us have made mistakes in how we communicate with one another which has unfortunately caused some unnecessary challenges among everyone who is working very hard for Dash to succeed.

Please understand that this has been frustrating for everybody, and I would ask for anyone posting to this thread, to extend graciousness to both the OP and to those his comments are directed to.

@TaoOfSatoshi , IMO - without worlds "I will lead","I am the leader" your proposal has much more chances to succeed and You will get much more flexibility and opportunity to promote Dash. IMO.

The power and sign of a Leader - he doesn't need to declare/prove himself "I am the Leader". :)
Aslo, "leader" label may spoil big percentage of your efforts. IMO.

@TaoOfSatoshi , IMO - without worlds "I will lead","I am the leader" your proposal has much more chances to succeed and You will get much more flexibility and opportunity to promote Dash. IMO.

The power and sign of a Leader - he doesn't need to declare/prove himself "I am the Leader". :)
Aslo, "leader" label may spoil big percentage of your efforts. IMO.
Thank you, @alex-ru, I agree. It's just in this situation I was defending myself in light of @kot's post. I don't go around saying that... ;)

Quote: "I would ask that the people who are in positions of influence in this project, be more receptive to different promotional ideas and initiatives."

- - - Well - you just now figuring out that if your not a "Part" of the actual team then you don't matter?
PPfft - I could have told you that months ago...... Thought you knew.....

Thank you, @alex-ru, I agree. It's just in this situation I was defending myself in light of @kot's post. I don't go around saying that... ;)

With regard to terminology of "leader", I don't consider it to be "THE leader" so much as it is "A leader". I think you have demonstrated great leadership qualities, and I also agree that it would be a mistake for the terminology to imply that you are attempting to "take over" anything or claim some kind of special exclusive status. So I would support something more like "coordinator", "organizer", or something else to that effect, so that the term does not get in the way.

on a personal note
- everybody has their personal opinions and questions reg proposals
anybody can ask anything , on core team or not
to spin this around (again) into some some nonsense 'centralisation' discussion is just wrong and childish
(we know it is the same 5 guys pushing the same old agenda they are on since for ever - good luck to you guys - lame and childish)
the Masternodes vote and that is IT !
(like it or not)

- personal attacks
(same 5 guys as above = i believe i do not have to say more)
i encourage the admins here to be stricter with the rules
foul language / swearing and personal insults should NOT be accepted !
This is DF and NOT BCT !
(guys, leave the emotions somewhere else and talk facts please - it only reflects negative on you !)

- Tao
you gotta get your message straight
if your proposal has the name "Community Lead" -
and in details: "I’m proposing to help with that situation by becoming the Community Lead"
than you are aiming for that title (Lead = Leading = Leader )
"I don't go around saying that... " well buddy you are !
sort out your message or your proposal and it will be much clearer to everybody where this is supposed to go

to spin this around (again) into some some nonsense 'centralisation' discussion is just wrong and childish
(we know it is the same 5 guys pushing the same old agenda they are on since for ever - good luck to you guys - lame and childish)

personal insults should NOT be accepted !
:rolleyes:

and in details: "I’m proposing to help with that situation by becoming the Community Lead"
sort out your message or your proposal and it will be much clearer to everybody where this is supposed to go

There are multiple ways to interpret the words "lead", "leader", or "leadership". Personally I would not have assumed that by "community lead" he meant it to imply he is aiming to be "the leader of the community", but more in the sense of "community lead organizer", or even "lead community developer", if you will. Anyway, looks like Tao is already evaluating this feedback and will make the messaging more clear if possible.

@TroyDASH Thanks for being the cool head through this, it is dearly needed in situations such as these.
We all need to remember that we are all working hard in our own ways and everyone is just trying to look out for the project. We all love Dash but this in house bickering is only slowing us down.
Daniel's comments were justified as Tao's posts were in their slack channel and interfering with work and Tao respected this. Kot's remarks although not the nicest are his opinion and he is entitled to that. His opinions are not mine nor anyone else's so don't take it too heavily Tao, a lot of us love what you do and your energy.

With regard to terminology of "leader", I don't consider it to be "THE leader" so much as it is "A leader". I think you have demonstrated great leadership qualities, and I also agree that it would be a mistake for the terminology to imply that you are attempting to "take over" anything or claim some kind of special exclusive status. So I would support something more like "coordinator", "organizer", or something else to that effect, so that the term does not get in the way.
Hmmm. You may be on to something here...

- Tao
You're right, tungfa. Maybe the intent of my proposal is not well communicated by the term "Community Lead". I am intrigued, and thinking about how to fix it...

:rolleyes:
There are multiple ways to interpret the words "lead", "leader", or "leadership". Personally I would not have assumed that by "community lead" he meant it to imply he is aiming to be "the leader of the community", but more in the sense of "community lead organizer", or even "lead community developer", if you will. Anyway, looks like Tao is already evaluating this feedback and will make the messaging more clear if possible.
As usual, you are in my head. I swear we were separated at birth. I am evaluating all of the feedback and I am prepared to make the following changes. I will change my proposal name to "Tao: Community Coordinator", with the sub-jobs of community builder, and community communicator. I feel that those changes may more accurately represent my intentions with the proposal.

@TroyDASH Thanks for being the cool head through this, it is dearly needed in situations such as these.
We all need to remember that we are all working hard in our own ways and everyone is just trying to look out for the project. We all love Dash but this in house bickering is only slowing us down.
Daniel's comments were justified as Tao's posts were in their slack channel and interfering with work and Tao respected this. Kot's remarks although not the nicest are his opinion and he is entitled to that. His opinions are not mine nor anyone else's so don't take it too heavily Tao, a lot of us love what you do and your energy.
Thank you for your kind words, sir. I'm a different kind of cat, and it takes a lot more than that to get me down. I will continue to do what I do. I look forward to working with all of you for a long time. :)

throw around thier so called importance to the project.
I know dat feelz, yo. Way too much nerd angst here.

"Irrelevance" is the name of my boat. Upon which I will endeavor to become as completely irrelevant as I can get.

You'd do well to find something better to do with your time than screw around with these so-called "people."

I can nearly smell the color 9 already...

hi @TaoOfSatoshi ... so you decided to continue on the forum... you know what makes a good leader - listening and understanding what the others say. It looks like you did not understand too much from what we were trying to say to you and still continue your campaign here.
I do not even want to comment the fact that it is brought to the forum by the guy, who has no account on Slack...

Let me clarify this one time again and I will shut my mouth up. Believe me or not but I have no intention to insult you - just sharing neutral feedback (whether you accept it or not is your choice). Try to look at it neutral way too (despite my direct way of sharing feedback - I am not a politician and I simply say what I think).
Most of the time you (and almost everyone) accept feedback only when someone says "oh, you are great", "you do a great job" etc. otherwise you don't listen or don't see it. Have a look at your thread: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-tao-community-coordinator.9183 - many people tried to politely say that community leader role is not the best idea, however you continue to keep posting about it everywhere and convince people to vote. And this was my point - chill out. It is not necessary to ask for votes almost everywhere, every day... this looks more like a political campaign.

Besides of this, I find the proposal very unclear - I would see it rather converted to project with clear goals and measures instead of bucket of promises. This would make it much better and easier for you in my opinion. Otherwise you might have a hard time to convince people that you are doing the right job in couple of months.

In the current form your proposal looks unprepared too - you are making a lot of assumptions without actual agreements e.g. "Enhance communication between the core team and community. [...]" (I am generally referring to the entire paragraph Community Coordinator (New responsibilities) from your proposal) . I was thinking that we have already discussed this and agreed about communication (here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-nation-consensus-discussion.8759/page-11#post-93452)... and after couple of weeks the topic is back on the table. There is no reason to try to create a perception of a problem that does not exist. Did you actually ask at least one of the core team members if he needs any help to maintain the link between the core team and community? Did you ask more community members if they see this problem (everyone, not 4-5 guys that disagree with almost every action of the core team)? Did you check if the team sees it an issue that needs to be resolved by elected "leader"? Did you ask core team members if they are ready to dedicate additional time for you (I am sure they would do it if necessary, the point is that you did not even ask)?

You also make promises like this one: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-tao-community-coordinator.9183/#post-97125 (I guess, I saw similar promise about FB account). Did you make this agreement with anyone who maintains the account at the moment? Won't it create another unnecessary discussion if access should be granted or not? What would be the content of this ? etc.
Don't get me wrong but what is good for DashNation promotion might not be the best solution for Dash promotion. We intend to build a serious financial system and, personally, I would not take seriously any financial solution promoted by the guy sitting and talking out of his shower. Would you? The style of official channels has to be very different than this (probably more conservative than majority of social media channels) - this wasn't agreed with anyone neither...

Referring to what you wrote:
However, if the goal of this project is decentralization
Wrong assumption. Our goal is to provide people with fair, decentralized financial solutions. Decentralization is not the goal itself, as far as I know. I can even hardly imagine any project being developed totally decentralized way as it means no teams, no leadership (irony, right?), no common goals and approach etc. Projects are centralized by their nature. Outcomes could be decentralized.

As for @kot's marginalizing comments that I am not a good leader and only interested in self-promotion, that is VERY insulting. I have not asked for a thing in the two years I have been aggressively promoting Dash. I don't use my real picture or name, am I trying to promote a Dalmatian?
1. Please do not manipulate my words (politics?) I did not say you are interested only in self-promotion. Did I? You are simply trying too hard to promote DashNation and your proposal literally everywhere (and it makes me feel tired). Chill-out. Everyone knows about it already. They will vote.
2. If you feel very insulted by what I wrote, better prepare yourself for hell. This is not a role for sensitive person. Being a leader means also having difficult conversations and meeting people who disagree with you and don't like you (on daily basis). Look how many direct and indirect attacks experience the core team (even myself - I am not a leader, just a simple PM but sometimes I feel that almost whatever I write/do is perceived as something negative (by the same crew every time) - this is part of the job).

To know the reason for this exchange, I brought a concern of mine's proof to the core team. I saw that a person had asked a mining question over two days ago, and I noticed that it had still not been answered. I suggested that I could help with issues such as these to make people feel valued instead of ignored. I offered to make posts such as these and commit to follow up, as part of my community lead proposal. This is a way better way to deal with newbies.

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/newbie-questions-around-wallet-payment-address-and-pools.9208/

Again - please do not manipulate. The reason for this exchange was you posting everywhere about DashNation and voting for Community Leader.
1.PNG

We were asking you to stop this. Suggesting that it was about helping the newbie is ... hmmm... simply manipulation.

I hope you will not feel insulted again by my opinion - I had no intention to do such thing and have respect for what you did for he project (therefore I spend a lot of time to write this message to clarify my opinion, instead of writing so brilliant comment like "Get your shit together" or "You'd think this was a fucking gamestop run by teenagers ").
You are a good person, extraordinary Dash promoter and supporter. I do not know from where (or from whom) the idea of voting for the leadership role came from but it is not a good idea in my opinion. First of all - this project already has a leader, very brilliant one. Second - you cannot make person a leader just because you give him your vote (you can only elect person to do some role this way, leadership is something different). Third - the proposal is unclear and unprepared - in my opinion you will experience a lot of difficulties and frustration during the execution just because you did not agree any of it's points with interested parties (you just put some general description and assumptions instead). Are you going to force people to do what you want or what? People you are going to work with need to understand your goals and share your vision. Otherwise no one will follow. In this case there is no defined goals and vision is not understood by many.
Think about it - this proposal could be much better.
Good luck!

Last edited:
First of all - this project already has a leader, very brilliant one. Second - you cannot make person a leader just because you give him your vote (you can only elect person to do some role this way, leadership is something different).

Thanks for taking the time to write up your post; I will let Tao respond to the meat of what you said but I wanted to point out, if you are under the impression that he is proposing to be a leader in the same sense that Evan is a leader, then you are misunderstanding the proposal.

In fairness to Daniel and Kot, I was actively trying to win the support of the core team in the official Slack today, and their comments may have just shown a disapproval of that. While I was surprised at the strength of their reactions (using the term "spamming" and trying to minimalize my skills as a leader), I understand why and I have promised not to approach them again.

Anyone who knows me knows that I would never do anything to hinder the progress of Dash, it would be counter-productive to my stated goals.

I don't share the same views as @TheDashGuy in his post above. However, if the goal of this project is decentralization, then we are going to have to become a heck of a lot more open to different styles and ideas to propel Dash forward.

As for @kot's marginalizing comments that I am not a good leader and only interested in self-promotion, that is VERY insulting. I have not asked for a thing in the two years I have been aggressively promoting Dash. I don't use my real picture or name, am I trying to promote a Dalmatian? To find out if I'm a good leader, ask the following people who I've inspired, or am currently inspiring:

@TheDashGuy @Solarminer @TroyDASH @InTheWoods @splawik21 @alex-ru @itscrazybro and the thousands of people who follow me on Twitter.

I would ask that the people who are in positions of influence in this project, be more receptive to different promotional ideas and initiatives. We all have the same goals, and that is to see Dash as the method of payment of choice in the future, outside of the influence of governments, giving the people financial freedom and power.

Cheers,

Tao.

Tao, I greatly respect what you do for the Dash project. May I ask, however, how you intend to effectively liaise with the core team when you come here to complain about the core team? If your intention is to be a liaison between Group A and Group B, is it not necessary to be neutral and to maintain the respect of both groups? If Group A makes you angry, how can you come to Group B to complain about Group A? Does that not violate your neutrality and damage the trust you have so carefully built?

The network may fund you, or it may not. If it does fund you, how can you succeed when you alienate some of the very people you are supposed to interact with? You came here to complain about Daniel and Kot, yet those are two of the people you would have to work with most frequently (Daniel as business development and Kot in project management). How can you be successful in this role if these are your methods?

You came here to complain about Daniel and Kot

OK I'm new round here and all (and for the record I agree with much of kots loooong post) but unless the dash guy and tao are the same person then @TaoOfSatoshi didn't come here to complain about anything but responded to @TheDashGuy post. Having made that point @David I agree any one leading (hot button word that, I know) in that role would very much need an air of neutrality on all agendas.

Kot while I'm being all even-handed and stuff here..
I do not even want to comment the fact that it is brought to the forum by the guy, who has no account on Slack
erm you just did comment on it didn't you??! :rolleyes:

@TaoOfSatoshi having read @kot post to you in the Slack I really don't think he is trying to be at all rude or insulting tho yup it is.... um... direct

Come on now; group hug o_O

Back