• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12.1 Testnet Launch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, having two different versions (0.12.0 and 0.12.1) of the Dash Wallet on OSX is a bit tricky :)

I've installed the latest testing version to /Applications/Dash-Qt 0.12.1 made a shell script Dash-testing.sh with the following contents:

#!/usr/bin/env sh
/Applications/Dash-Qt\ 0.12.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Dash-Qt -testnet -listen=0 \
-datadir="/Users/ashmoran/Library/Application Support/Dash-testing"%
and then I just need to open Terminal and run ./Dash-testing.sh, and it boots up. It's a little bit of a hassle, but not much.

I actually have a few of these with various settings on the command line, and I just run the one I want. OS X doesn't get confused (especially if you have multiple copies of the app bundle with different filenames, except that if you want to launch the app from the Dock with the default settings, you have to click on that first, before you run a scripted version, otherwise the Dock icon just represents the first scripted version you launched, and you can't open the app normally.
(cc: @halso)

I've installed the latest testing version to /Applications/Dash-Qt 0.12.1 made a shell script Dash-testing.sh with the following contents:

#!/usr/bin/env sh
and then I just need to open Terminal and run ./Dash-testing.sh, and it boots up. It's a little bit of a hassle, but not much.

I actually have a few of these with various settings on the command line, and I just run the one I want. OS X doesn't get confused (especially if you have multiple copies of the app bundle with different filenames, except that if you want to launch the app from the Dock with the default settings, you have to click on that first, before you run a scripted version, otherwise the Dock icon just represents the first scripted version you launched, and you can't open the app normally.

Cheers @ashmoran but that sounded like Chinese to me. I'll fire up my old PC and see what happens.

Thnks again!

#!/usr/bin/env sh

So, i downloaded 12.1 and set up test net but the QT client says no blockchain available. Where do i get that?

4 Masternodes updated and reindexed.
QT + 3 mix wallets updated and reindexed. Consolidating fund to mix again.
4 CPU testnet miners up and running (winners list populated and fairly congruent)

All on the same chain

root@atl3:~# ./dash-cli getblockhash 14704
00000006c07b5319449c5cfd9bb91b5282535d4c80d1755150a61a108ebe4aa3

What should we be testing now ?

4 Masternodes updated and reindexed.
QT + 3 mix wallets updated and reindexed. Consolidating fund to mix again.
4 CPU testnet miners up and running (winners list populated and fairly congruent)

All on the same chain

What should we be testing now ?
PSing and ISing :)
Mixing (PS) works quite nicely afaik, wondering if IS still works too (networking part changed there during migration to bitcoin 0.12).

PrivateSend Testing :

When pressing "Choose" in the Send Tab (below at Transaction Fee) it shows :

Transaction fee recommended : 0.00020000 tDash/kB (normal confirmation time)
However when doing 10 tDash (0.192kB) it calculates 0.00010000 fee, which is actually less then the recommended fee ?

H1fHcZs.jpg

But the transactions all confirm okay.

Try 1 : confirmed
Transaction ID: 7690993153f584e0f52628b4befc853750ce47dcbd55e93a8dc38e41d4011c16-000

Try 2 : confirmed
Transaction ID: d741b78090061cbb6d0ee94c89ec736df1d11772bb62599585755a0e6ca43abb-000

Try 3 : confirmed
Transaction ID: 375c6da087549bd971fd5fd8e3b930c7d9c381b52a2bdf46953e675a3ca54199-000

Try 4 : confirmed
Transaction ID: 30fee70e7cebada5dbb7ccb2474fa9ed026b0a915a67b62e501aaf1346725e77-000

Try 5 : confirmed
Transaction ID: 5434eb8804f16b51692d278e04c93e71c65da973231cc66ac7a2f0db4bc08bfa-000

Kfr7QG8.jpg

Transaction details from Try 5 :

Date: 31-5-2016 23:21
To: yesY4Ka84aVzQ5RGwRwpJQfmfzfDCzZfhX (own address, label: TestDash6)
Credit: 10.00000000 tDASH
Net amount: +10.00000000 tDASH
Transaction ID: 5434eb8804f16b51692d278e04c93e71c65da973231cc66ac7a2f0db4bc08bfa-000

Conclusion : PrivateSend seems to be working as it should be although i'm wondering about the difference between recommended transaction fee and actually assigned transaction fee .. is it just looking at the kB size ?
And how does Smart fee come into play ? Is it a new addition ?

Last edited:
Latest builds (git-d0ad4ad) of v0.12.1.x branch

Linux --> https://dashpay.atlassian.net/builds/browse/DASHL-DEV-554/artifact/JOB1/gitian-linux-dash-dist/
Windows --> https://dashpay.atlassian.net/builds/browse/DASHW-DEV-501/artifact/JOB1/gitian-win-dash-dist/
MacOS X --> https://dashpay.atlassian.net/builds/browse/DASHM-DEV-510/artifact/JOB1/gitian-osx-dash-dist/
Raspberry --> https://dashpay.atlassian.net/builds/browse/DASHP-DEV-506/artifact/JOB1/gitian-RPi2-dash-dist/

Changelog:

- fix masternode signatures, bump PROTOCOL_VERSION --> https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/836
- update testnet seeds --> https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/845
- minor refactoring --> https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/846

*Note*: `protocolversion` has changed to `70201`. You will need to `masternode start/start-alias` your masternodes after update.

Testnet tools (explorers, faucets, pools) --> https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/testnet-tools-resources.1768/

I have a question / request It seems like when you denominate (and I am talking about the current wallet) your wallet breaks down the first 120 or so coins into denominations under 100. Next, if you do not have aproximately 220+ (don't know exact amounts) coins, you will not denominate anymore as the wallet is waiting for you to collect enough to do a 100 coin denomination. This is a problem for people who want those coins to be mixed but can't get the wallet to do so. A wallet owner also can't have a single large (100 coin) denomination if they don't have enough coins even if they decide they don't need so many 10s 1s and 0.1s.

Worse still, in the current mainnet wallet, if you DO add funds, the mixing is stuck (hence I don't know how much it takes to trigger it to go again) Thus, if you're not really rich, you can't get more than a bit over 100 coins to mix and what if you want more than that? What if you want a larger denomination, so that you don't associate so many accounts together?

I think we need a few more options here??? Especially because the value of Dash is going up and people aren't going to have thousands of Dash to play with in the near future.

Last edited:
One more thing: On the latest build, and I believe previous builds, but my memory fails me, the hot wallet (with the funds) says it started the masternode, but the remote wallet (the one on the server) says it's waiting for remote activation.

The message isn't propagating or something? It shows up immediately on mainnet nodes, is this different now? I do see on my local "hot" wallet, that the MN was "Pre Enabled". Is this some kind of new safety step?

Finally, I was getting tons of collateral, but that was not on the latest wallet. Although, the top collateral was on the latest wallet:

Note to everyone: latest update could possibly fork the testnet for some time due to incompatibility between protocol versions, pls update asap to shorten this period (especially miners).
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back