• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Welcome to the Foundation's Forum and how to get your Member ribbon/badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernando

Powered by Dash
Foundation Member
Welcome to the Foundation's forum at Dash-Forum. We have made two subforums, one for 'Internal Operations' threads and another one for 'Actions and Projects'. If you have other ideas, please don't hesitate to talk.

Our initial idea was that members were the only ones allowed to post, but everybody would be able to read. However, this would make it difficult for those who are not members yet to interact with the Foundation, like we want them to do so we are able to lure them in. We discussed everything with Propulsion and we came to a great solution. Members of the Foundation will have a ribbon in their profile identifying them and the Foundation forum will be open to everyone. We get the best of all scenarios: we can listen to everyone, but members are clearly distinguishable and everybody can know about their support of Dash.

You can see the ribbon at my profile at the left of this post already. In order to get your ribbon you need to request it manually. Please go to your personal details (hover over your username on the top right of the screen when in darkcointalk.org) and in the left menu, under 'Settings', you'll have an option called 'Join User Groups'. Inside you'll find the groups available and one of them is 'Dash Foundation Member'. Click 'Join User Group' and we'll receive your request. We have to approve manually, so please give us some time to do so. We have decided to do it this way instead of just including everyone in the group because this was not explained before and maybe someone prefers to keep his/her membership unknown.

Thanks for being a part of this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Foundation's forum at Darkcointalk. We have made two subforums, one for 'Internal Operations' threads and another one for 'Actions and Projects'. If you have other ideas, please don't hesitate to talk.

Our itial idea was that members were the only ones allowed to post, but everybody would be able to read. However, this would make it difficult for those who are not members yet to interact with the Foundation, like we want them to do so we are able to lure them in. We discussed everything with Propulsion and we came to a great solution. Members of the Foundation will have a ribbon in their profile identifying them and the Foundation forum will be open to everyone. We get the best of all scenarios: we can listen to everyone, but members are clearly distinguishable and everybody can know about their support of Darkcoin.

You can see the ribbon at my profile at the left of this post already. In order to get your ribbon you need to request it manually. Please go to your personal details (hover over your username on the top right of the screen when in darkcointalk.org) and in the left menu, under 'Settings', you'll have an option called 'Join User Groups'. Inside you'll find the groups available and one of them is 'Darkcoin Foundation Member'. Click 'Join User Group' and we'll receive your request. We have to approve manually, so please give us some time to do so. We have decided to do it this way instead of just including everyone in the group because this was not explained before and maybe someone prefers to keep his/her membership unknown.

I've noticed that there are different types of ribbons. Is there a guide to ribbons? does a lifetime member have a different ribbon to an annual member? Can you have special ribbons for a fee?

I've noticed that there are different types of ribbons. Is there a guide to ribbons? does a lifetime member have a different ribbon to an annual member? Can you have special ribbons for a fee?
Nope to all of them :)

There is only the foundation member ribbon, same for lifetime or yearly (but these will lose it when they finish their year). The other ribbons are for dash core developers, dashtalk moderators and responsibles for localized forums (linguistic).

I thought that too :grin:

Ha ha !!! Seriously... I always scratched my head around this one, and I kid you not my conclusion was the same as you guys! :tongue:
On other communities I participate in, some have the craziest badges/ribbons for the craziest reasons.
First I though it was for high post count, but soon realised not.

Nope to all of them :)

There is only the foundation member ribbon, same for lifetime or yearly (but these will lose it when they finish their year). The other ribbons are for dash core developers, dashtalk moderators and responsibles for localized forums (linguistic).
Thanks. now Im up to speed.

G
Ha ha !!! Seriously... I always scratched my head around this one, and I kid you not my conclusion was the same as you guys! :tongue:
On other communities I participate in, some have the craziest badges/ribbons for the craziest reasons.
First I though it was for high post count, but soon realised not.

Great, I don't feel so much like a newbie asking a question that others have thought about as well.

Welcome to the Foundation's forum at Darkcointalk. We have made two subforums, one for 'Internal Operations' threads and another one for 'Actions and Projects'. If you have other ideas, please don't hesitate to talk.

Our initial idea was that members were the only ones allowed to post, but everybody would be able to read. However, this would make it difficult for those who are not members yet to interact with the Foundation, like we want them to do so we are able to lure them in. We discussed everything with Propulsion and we came to a great solution. Members of the Foundation will have a ribbon in their profile identifying them and the Foundation forum will be open to everyone. We get the best of all scenarios: we can listen to everyone, but members are clearly distinguishable and everybody can know about their support of Darkcoin.

You can see the ribbon at my profile at the left of this post already. In order to get your ribbon you need to request it manually. Please go to your personal details (hover over your username on the top right of the screen when in darkcointalk.org) and in the left menu, under 'Settings', you'll have an option called 'Join User Groups'. Inside you'll find the groups available and one of them is 'Darkcoin Foundation Member'. Click 'Join User Group' and we'll receive your request. We have to approve manually, so please give us some time to do so. We have decided to do it this way instead of just including everyone in the group because this was not explained before and maybe someone prefers to keep his/her membership unknown.

Maybe it's time for change? There is now no Darhcoin :) now is Dash! :)

Maybe it's time for change? There is now no Darhcoin :) now is Dash! :)

i just fixed that
(ok @fernando :rolleyes:)

+
we are now
https://www.dashfoundation.io
6d2lkqD.png

Hello, I am a new member and I would like to know how to aspire to be a moderator. What factors do you consider?

Thank you very much for your prompt response, what other ways can you contribute to the project?

sure
run a proposal or start working on whatever , build up a reputation and take it from there
if a coder send CV to core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back