• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DR-1 Hashrate 500MH/s @320w Weighs 4.5kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
i from chinese qq group , i like game 横扫千军 仙侠道2 , these game made by www。xd。com
i like play movie use shooter player by www。shooter。cn , auto search subtitle and load
It seems pinidea is flagship subsidiary

Just as a general translation :

Pinidea is one of the most important mobile phone game development company in China !

This is huge and we are honoured to be on your radar !!
:grin:

Can you tell us a story?
How long has the team been together?
What skill sets do the team members have?
When did you get the sample chips?
What die size is the chip?
How many chips did your run produce?
What are your long term plans?

I don't know all the answers, but I'll try my best.

Can you tell us a story?
I wish I'm a better storyteller, but I am not. Here goes the story about us. We are a bunch of weirdos/nerds/perfectionist (Sorry, my teammates, allow me to use those words to describe us). The early members were chatting on some random topics online one day. One of them mentioned Dark Coin (aka Dash), and soon the whole group was amazed by this new kind of cryptocurrency. At the same time, they felt challenged by the keyword "ASIC resistance". With a CAN-DO attitude, they wanted to explore the possibilities to create ASCI chips for Dark Coin. With trials and errors, Dark Coin proved to be really hard to speed up. Lots of obstacles came up, and at one point they just want to give up and let it go. I joined the team last spring festival when I visited my family in China. I met other team members back then, was totally attracted by Dark Coin, decided to be one part of this team. We tried to deliver an early prototype last September to see how people would react, but our hardware developers in team insist on not selling them yet. The early prototypes are considered to be not good enough. We have zero tolerance on delivering a product which is not good enough. I shared the news with my teammates when I saw the recent developments on DashTalk who is delivering ASIC X11 Miners. And that's when I heard from my teammates that now we have a much better product comparing to the one we had before. We have no reason to hide it now and announced the news. However, we still firmly believe that we can do much better.

How long has the team been together?
Our team members are long time friends, but we started working on this project since Dash was born.

What skill sets do the team members have?
Our team members are extremely diverse. We have people who can do Chip Design to Software Development. In fact, it's a team made up with engineers. We all have our daytime jobs, and committed to this project in our spare time.

November 2015

What are your long term plans?
Anonymous payment shouldn't be difficult for everyone. We believe in anonymous payment should be easy and elegant, and it should be basic human rights. That's why we start the project in the first place. The future plans would be providing mobile and fast ways to make payments with Dash. We want to bring Dash to everyone's daily life.

soleo hello and welcome! :smile:

Few notes.
I cleaned up this time for you but please use single message to reply to many people instead of bloating the thread with multiple messages. Otherwise it's getting hard to read.
Also please keep your first post updated with new info (price, specs, ETA etc). By doing this you'll help others to be always aware of the actual proposal.

Thanks.

Sorry, I'll keep them in mind.

We tried to deliver an early prototype last September to see how people would react, but our hardware developers in team insist on not selling them yet. The early prototypes are considered to be not good enough. We have zero tolerance on delivering a product which is not good enough. I shared the news with my teammates when I saw the recent developments on DashTalk who is delivering ASIC X11 Miners. And that's when I heard from my teammates that now we have a much better product comparing to the one we had before.

November 2015

Let me make sure I got this right. The original prototype in September did not work well, and 2 months later you were not only able to correct the design but fabricate new chips? Sounds improbable. What is the die size of the new chips?

I am interested in purchase,
please change the title, you will get more potential buyers :)
ASCI (ASIC) X11 Miner Hashrate 500MH/s @280w Weighs 4.5kg

I would also like if somebody from Chicago visit soleo and confirm 500MH/s @280w :)

Let me make sure I got this right. The original prototype in September did not work well, and 2 months later you were not only able to correct the design but fabricate new chips? Sounds improbable. What is the die size of the new chips?
Well actually the prototype sticks had FPGA chips on them and wolf0 promised that they were impossible to work as it couldn't due the 11 algorithms or something to that sense. This means this would have to have come from a whole different fabrication or set up.

This looks like a very interesting development. I live in Illinois, a bit south of Chicago and would be interested in seeing a demo and posting the results to the community.

In regards to what has been posted so far I do have a couple of questions. The mining software, is that something completely custom, or did you alter one of the existing projects used with other ASIC miners such as a variant of cgminer like the Antminers used? Will we be able to overclock at our own risk, or more interestingly for some of us, underclock these miners for greater efficiency?

Hey everyone, so this weekend I met up with soleo and he showed me his USB version of the miner. The miner runs on their own custom software. He said there will also be a linux and windows one that ships with the ASIC. He was doing some testing before I got there and it was running underclocked at 6MH/s. When he ran it at full power it took only a few minutes before the P2P was registering 8MH/s without any rejects that I saw. Also for what it is worth Soloe seems like someone who cares about DASH. We talked about his love of developing hardware and software, seems like a very normal person.

8pMQ9e7.jpg

He was doing some testing before I got there and it was running underclocked at 6MH/s. When he ran it at full power it took only a few minutes before the P2P was registering 8MH/s without any rejects that I saw. Also for what it is worth Soloe seems like someone who cares about DASH. We talked about his love of developing hardware and software, seems like a very normal person.

Thanks for the update, we appreciate you checking it out. I would like to visit them as well but this past weekend did not work for me.

Soleo, do you have any estimates of performance/watt on your underclocking? Do you have a github repository for the software that we could check out?

ummm, no pictures or descriptions of the USB miner or the chips? No posts anywhere other than this thread?

Soleo said he was going to post a video so I didn't bother taking too many photos. He even offered me a usb miner in exchange to make a video but I declined because I'm lazy.

Soleo said he was going to post a video so I didn't bother taking too many photos. He even offered me a usb miner in exchange to make a video but I declined because I'm lazy.

So you took a picture of the monitor showing a pool instead? Wasn't the miner about 18" away from the screen?

So you took a picture of the monitor showing a pool instead? Wasn't the miner about 18" away from the screen?

No, the active miner was in the tower underneath his desk. But he had a few on the desk that I looked over. The usb miners looked like every other one, didn't even think to take a picture. If you are still skeptical hopefully Soleo will be by with a video or something. I went more or less to see for myself, figured I'd post a picture for the community.

Now, why would anybody be skeptical?
You're being kind of a douche honestly, I don't know what else you want from me. Take my word or don't, I couldn't give a fuck. Like I said, hopefully Soleo will be able to answer any questions you have.

This past Sunday a friend and I had an opportunity to visit Soleo and see an example of their ASIC chip in action. I appreciate his willingness to let us see these in person and it was fun to chat with other people interested in cryptocurrency.

As they are currently still manufacturing the blades all he had on hand to demonstrate was a USB based ASIC. These are what we have seen in pictures before, a single chip USB solution for the ASIC. However it is enough to at least see both the ASIC and software in action.

In addition to their own ASIC they have written the mining software. While he was running it on Windows they will also have a Linux version available. I personally would have preferred them to integrate with existing open source mining solutions the simple GUI solution he had worked well.

6BA7d6X.jpg

We plugged in an amp meter into one of the USB sticks so we could measure its power usage. The image above shows 1.53 amps but it did climb higher up in the 1.7 amp range as the module heated up. The miner they will be selling includes cooling fans, based on how much the USB stick heated up this will definitely be needed. After running for a while the heat sink was too hot to touch. They have made improvements since this revision, that combined with active cooling should bring the power draw down. We were seeing about 8.5 watts of usage on this, however between the heat and extra components needed for USB this caused higher usage than we will see with the dedicated miner. I can not come to any conclusion of power usage other than even at that high usage it is still significantly lower than the DM384M.

c6vR9ro.jpg

From our conversations and everything we saw I am confident they have a working ASIC chip. While this is not an endorsement as there are many questions that still need answers I expect to order one when they become available. Soleo is our primary contact for the company, he is still working on videos, tutorials and will be handling the orders.

Thanks again Soleo for letting us visit, it was fun and what your company has produced looks impressive. I look forward to mining Dash again, it has been a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back