• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Does this mean MNs will be far more profitable than expected?

TsuyokuNaritai

Many people decided whether it was worth buying for and setting up masternodes based on how much profit they could make, which depended on how many masternodes there were already listed.

The mainnet version of the software has the ghost masternode problem, so 70+% of that list is not really there.

3/10 as many masternodes = 3.3 times more DRK per MN.

Do we know yet how many masternodes are on mainnet now?

Can we expect a panic buy of DRK when the new profit expectations become public knowledge?

Last time there was a huge spike in the then-believed-to-be-accurate number in the last couple of days, so we'll have to wait for the 20th to know for sure.

As for the panic buy to set up more, I would not be that sure. Most people who wanted to set up one already bought the coins before the previous attempt, when nobody knew what the profitability was going to be. A higher than expected profitability will please those with masternodes and will bring more masternodes, but my guess is that those will come from big wallets that are not setting them up yet. Probably some people will buy to set up new ones, but I don't think that can move the market in a significant way.

That's not to say that I don't expect the price to rise. If the hard fork goes well I expect it to go up, but it will be because because investors in general will recover the lost confidence during the last hard fork and will keep buying. And less people will want to sell because we'll have achieved something no other coin has: a distributed network of servers working for the coin with an incentive to stay there.

Its dropped down to 180 odd from about 500... close enough to 70% drop to think that current masternodes should be legit.

How'd you get 400-500? Masternode count gives me 151 and if 70+% are not really there like OP said wouldn't that bring it down to about 50?
we had ~350 on may 25th when the first masternode start was announced. I expect something around that number. most nodes are currently offline or on testnet.

Back