• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal - Vendor-Experience UPDATED

TanteStefana

This might go bit offtopic but there is a flow in that logic.

I don't believe we should encourage standard LTD businesses on top of DASH. These will become the infrastructure and it's very easy for say a big bank to take them over and control the ecosystem. It's what's happening in Bitcoin now. I think decentralized governance model should be encouraged, not the creation of small standard top down businesses.

It's not just the source code, they'd have to disclose all hardware details, publish all contacts, meetings, negotiations and contracts.

They say it's not intended to be profitable... well that's true right now, but that's the end goal, right? I mean, we want this to work and for people to see the benefits and go "wow". We're not funding this to fail. In two years time, who's going to be in the ideal position to benefit from this? Who will have the contacts and experience to go it alone? So effectively they get free money to fail now and once it's profitable we have nothing to stop them keeping all the profits.

That's why I think they should either agree a 40% stake to the Dash Foundation, or let them go it alone and keep all of the profits. They've already said they have the funds to do this themselves - what was it, "a six figure income"? - so how much faith that they come to us for funding?

I'll say again--the only way they would turn a profit on this is if they decided to become blatantly unethical. I don't believe they are. It's very easy to keep this from turning into a business--you sell your products at cost.

So let me get this straight. Your argument is that Masternode owners are lazy and stupid. Is that the crux of your argument? You certainly do not speak for me or for the masternode owners who take their responsibilities seriously.

* I see you haven't changed the project duration and that's a deal breaker for me. I think there is a psychological aspect to down voting later on. Most people will be focused on the latest news not on an older project

I would love to fund it, but I simply cannot vote for something that will endure for 99 months.* That's too long, and too much will change by then.

So let me get this straight. Your argument is that Masternode owners are lazy and stupid. Is that the crux of your argument? You certainly do not speak for me or for the masternode owners who take their responsibilities seriously.

My argument is based on human nature and well-documented cognitive biases.

To sue them, the Dash Foundation would represent the Dash community. This is also why they can't say exactly what they will produce and give a time table. This is still the equivalent of an entrepreneurial project. It's in full flux, they need to try things. It's all a grand experiment. No different from Evan's section in software development. The marketing section is the closest thing to a "normal" operating section of the Virtual Corporation.

In the same way, we, as a community could also sue Evan if we felt he misappropriated funds. It would be hard, but we could do it. And there is NO SIGN that anyone has been anything but up and up in this project. We have some really great well rounded people here. Not just programming nerds, we have Evan who also understand economics, Camo understands Merchants (he is one) and business, etc.... We're not crypto nerds without world experience.

And all 3 core pillars are UNDERFUNDED so are being worked on due to passion and personal desire.

Lets fund this project. With Merchant Adoption, DASH has a USE. The dream will be REAL, but not without this third pillar.

My argument is based on human nature and well-documented cognitive biases.

For the general population, yes. For Masternode ownership, God I hope not. Are you counting yourself in the "I just vote and don't care what happens" camp?

I'll say again--the only way they would turn a profit on this is if they decided to become blatantly unethical. I don't believe they are. It's very easy to keep this from turning into a business--you sell your products at cost.

The essence of this is very simple, we're not funding this to ultimately fail, we want this to be a success.

Now, if they agreed to give up a 40% stake in any future profits, then I'm in.

The essence of this is very simple, we're not funding this to ultimately fail, we want this to be a success.

Now, if they agreed to give up a 40% stake in any future profits, then I'm in.
They're never going to have any profits, they're working for Dash! Maybe, just maybe in a few years, just like with the development team, they'll actually earn a salary, but that's a long way off. They'll likely be spending every cent on building things, destroying things and rebuilding. If they want to leave, they can leave, take what they learned and do something with it, but their work will be open sourced, and anyone else can do the same with what they came up with.

if they agreed to give up a 40% stake in any future profits, then I'm in.

there-is-no-spoon-matrix.JPG

They're never going to have any profits, they're working for Dash! Maybe, just maybe in a few years, just like with the development team, they'll actually earn a salary, but that's a long way off. They'll likely be spending every cent on building things, destroying things and rebuilding. If they want to leave, they can leave, take what they learned and do something with it, but their work will be open sourced, and anyone else can do the same with what they came up with.

Yep, all that at our expense.

We could just put them on the core team payroll and then increase the overall core team budget. We'd still require full disclosure regarding contacts etc.

That's what the proposal proposes to do! But the Development budget is different, if you mix them up, it'll be just like the "general fund" that the government rapes from the schools that the taxes were supposed to go toward. No, the budget should be separate, but we as MN owners and all 3 core development teams plus the Foundation can keep an eye out on them / eachother.

This Merchant integration team should of course show where the money was spent, just like the core developers do. But we should not require them to tell us ahead of time, not at this point in time, how it will be spent because they just don't know and can't commit to anything. They need to experiment and the freedom to drop things and try other things.

I'm sorry, I need to go :(

It's quite funny how people get attached to money that isn't theirs, even if that money is going to be spent in ways that will increase their own networth... unbelievable...
Not to mention that they maintain full control and can cut funding (not their money) at any time!

That's what the proposal proposes to do! But the Development budget is different, if you mix them up, it'll be just like the "general fund" that the government rapes from the schools that the taxes were supposed to go toward. No, the budget should be separate, but we as MN owners and all 3 core development teams plus the Foundation can keep an eye out on them / eachother.

This Merchant integration team should of course show where the money was spent, just like the core developers do. But we should not require them to tell us ahead of time, not at this point in time, how it will be spent because they just don't know and can't commit to anything. They need to experiment and the freedom to drop things and try other things.

I'm sorry, I need to go :(

excellent, I will vote yes for one month, and if dont like with how they spent the fund i will change votes.

No he's not. He's saying that Masternode owners just vote with what's popular and then forget about everything. He's calling Masternode owners Stupid and Lazy.

Not really, that's not at all what he said.

Tante was referring to something else, the claim that the money will be used in their own interest which was a different claim someone else made.

Back