• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal - Vendor-Experience

You spent more time making that post than it would take to resubmit. If you quit now, then maybe it shows you wasn't up for 8 years anyway.

Indeed. It's very funny. Much more time was wasted posting these 4 large posts than the time spent on explaining the proposal itself.

The idea is this is an ongoing development project. Camo is great at machining parts and working with steel. I have a mechanical engineering degree and have worked on everything from hybrid cars to buses. We are one option and have shown we can already be trusted to pull through on a project. We own masternodes, so will selfishly benefit from any advances we make for Dash. Really, this is how we expect to be paid as this amount isn't even close to what we make at our full time jobs. The funds will be used on hardware and programming for the talent that isn't free.

If you don't want new merchant adoption technologies or don't like something with this proposal don't vote for it. Suggesting the proposal to change the timeframe is not something we are considering. If you have a better idea submit it. I am not saying we are the best at doing this, but we are willing to do the job. I would be just as happy to support anyone else that would take on the challenge to grow merchant adoption.

This proposal shows me 1 worrying thing:

There are lots of talented people who can benefit Dash project in many different ways. But... most of them ("technical people" especially!) can't do a proper marketing-promotion-reporting (and there is no budget to hire additional person to help them with it :( )...

So maybe it'll be a good solution - 1 person inside team - "assistant/secretary" who can help new people to manage their proposals in attractive way, communicate-promote proposals inside community, generate reports and so on..

Otherwise we may lose many talents who can produce great stuff but they need some assistance with "management" and "public relation"...

This proposal shows me 1 worrying thing:

There are lots of talented people who can benefit Dash project in many different ways. But... most of them ("technical people" especially!) can't do a proper marketing-promotion-reporting (and there is no budget to hire additional person to help them with it :( )...

So maybe it'll be a good solution - 1 person inside team - "assistant/secretary" who can help new people to manage their proposals in attractive way, communicate-promote proposals inside community, generate reports and so on..

Otherwise we may lose many talents who can produce great stuff but they need some assistance with "management" and "public relation"...

This is an excellent point. If anyone needs help writing the "pitch" for a budget proposal, please ping me either here or on Slack and I'll be glad to write it up for you.

Please stay on topic. This thread is discussing questions about our proposal.

If you want to modify the budget system, add a personnel layer to isolate proposal writers from voters, talk about how a company can be created, or something else, please start a new thread.

Solarminer
Why are you so hellbent in making this an 8 year long endeavor?

I'd be comfortable with say 3 months, maybe 6 tops and re-evaluate progress afterwards.

It's one thing patching together a Dash soda-machine and something else entirely executing on a much larger and ambitious project.

My suggestion would be to split this project into smaller bits. Try a Phase 1 first, followed by a Phase 2 and so on.

I have answered this question several times already. Unfortunately, I will go insane if I keep answering this same question. Either take the blue pill and let's do the development work on merchant adoption, or not. One project isn't going to get to the end goal. It needs to be a long term vision with a strategy to make it work.

Solarminer

Sometimes in life you have to compromise. It's not all or nothing.

There can be a long term goal and long term vision executed as described earlier.

Now I get why people rely on governments instead of proved makers and why they get into debt (assuming future earnings in the present).... sad... now lets wait and see if anyone makes a better proposal or if the magic adoption unicorn will continue to be just talk

Sometimes in life you have to compromise. It's not all or nothing.

There can be a long term goal and long term vision executed as described earlier.

When talking about breakthroughs and innovations more often than not it's all or nothing.

With the kind of voting/budgeting system we have it's always phased, each super-block marks the end of a phase. If the previous one was not satisfactory it will be down-voted and gone. The argument about being more difficult to down-vote after the fact is just silly, when one votes there is a responsibility attached to that. If masternode owners don't want to take that responsibility then I guess this kind of system already failed...

Last edited by a moderator:
How about this. A late fee and terminal consequence. If carrot won't make you get off your asses, how about a little stick?

This machine has been in my life for over a month, but I'll just call it a month. It's not worth a damn thing if it's not getting seen.

We'll see what the community really thinks of DASH. No more words. Actions. Shut your stupid cock holsters, kick off your high heels, and do something.

I'm charging $10/day for storage. Starting today.

After 60 days of non-payment, it goes to the county landfill.

Someone will give me the name and address of a retail establishment who wants to have it. They will provide, also, their own name and address, as the party responsible for maintaining the arrangement, dealing with guvcrap, stocking, promotion, etc.

Most vending machine sales do not include delivery. Which is usually $100 for 50 miles. Beyond that, it's not done at all. Since I'm a really, really nice guy I'll deliver it anywhere within 250 miles for FREE.

So, that's 90 days total for the DASH community to step up and do something useful. Get out of your mommy's basement, put on your only remaining clean Che Guevara shirt, and do just one little thing, just one person. Forget about the proposal. It's not on the table anymore. This is about Proof of Maturity. I want to see just one fuckin' person do something other than bicker about shit they don't know anything about. Put your actions where your beliefs supposedly are. If DASH is so great, why can't even one person plant this sucker where it belongs? It's not even about the proposal anymore. I down-voted it with my own nodes. This is about intolerable hypocrisy, laziness and good old-fashioned bullshit.

If you really believe even one word you've ever spoken in favor of DASH, now is the time to shut the fuck up and make your move. There are consequences to sitting on your ass doing nothing, whining endlessly about what you think you know, but don't. If this machine ends up in the landfill, you're the ones who put it there, and it's a fitting end.

Grow up you useless pussies!

(...)The argument about being more difficult to down-vote after the fact is just silly(...)

Perfect. The assumption is that we, as voters in this governance system, have enough competence for this responsibility. If a person has got difficulties to keep track of what's going on and eventually downvote what is not working, this person should not assume the responsibility of being a Masternode Administrator.

edit: I don't need a baby sitter.

camosoul I admire and support you. But it is not necessary to take things personal. I have faith that most part of the community can understand the difference between reasonable and unreasonable.

As our proposal voting debates are open to the public all kind of people may participate. And some may even have nasty goals of trolling, and sabotage (even if unconsciously, with ridiculous ideas and opinions).

The reasonable and serious ones of us will have to be stronger than that.

If there are rules, it makes no sense to lose temper. Just believe in the rules: in the end if everything fails and the ridiculous ideas prevail it means not that you brought us a bad proposal... it means the system we are building needs tweeking.

It's boot camp. Some people need a good beating. Don't mistake it for a loss of temper. Such false-portrayals are the foundation of deception and Ad Hominem.

How about this. A late fee and terminal consequence. If carrot won't make you get off your asses, how about a little stick?

This machine has been in my life for over a month, but I'll just call it a month. It's not worth a damn thing if it's not getting seen.

We'll see what the community really thinks of DASH. No more words. Actions. Shut your stupid cock holsters, kick off your high heels, and do something.

I'm charging $10/day for storage. Starting today.

After 60 days of non-payment, it goes to the county landfill.

Someone will give me the name and address of a retail establishment who wants to have it. They will provide, also, their own name and address, as the party responsible for maintaining the arrangement, dealing with guvcrap, stocking, promotion, etc.

Most vending machine sales do not include delivery. Which is usually $100 for 50 miles. Beyond that, it's not done at all. Since I'm a really, really nice guy I'll deliver it anywhere within 250 miles for FREE.

So, that's 90 days total for the DASH community to step up and do something useful. Get out of your mommy's basement, put on your only remaining clean Che Guevara shirt, and do just one little thing, just one person. Forget about the proposal. It's not on the table anymore. This is about Proof of Maturity. I want to see just one fuckin' person do something other than bicker about shit they don't know anything about. Put your actions where your beliefs supposedly are. If DASH is so great, why can't even one person plant this sucker where it belongs? It's not even about the proposal anymore. I down-voted it with my own nodes. This is about intolerable hypocrisy, laziness and good old-fashioned bullshit.

If you really believe even one word you've ever spoken in favor of DASH, now is the time to shut the fuck up and make your move. There are consequences to sitting on your ass doing nothing, whining endlessly about what you think you know, but don't. If this machine ends up in the landfill, you're the ones who put it there, and it's a fitting end.

Grow up you useless pussies!
Are you doing meth or coke bro ?:)

Not sure this is the right approach. How are you going to convince businesses to collaborate with you with this kinda` attitude?

That's why I think you should have specified what would be the destination of the machine in the original proposal. But you didn't seem to worry about it.

- what happens with that machine after ?

Camosoul is near Miami...near enough anyway. He can store it for now. Maybe it will have a desire to visit anarchopolco....who knows. We have considered a few areas to target and leave setup, but this isn't really to make money selling soda - it is to promote dash.

Just auction it on ebay and give the money to the Dash Foundation, or just ship it to them if it bothers you so much. Geez! What a drama queen!

Ok, I'm going to try and put a different spin on this,
How about this for a simple plan of action.

PEP Vending pepvend dot Take a look, (sorry, unable to make links) they are a social enterprise vending business, here is what they say.

"Pep is committed to providing opportunities and hope. We’re about social responsibility and making a positive and proactive social impact where we can. That means giving people a real stake in their own future as well as ours. When we talk about making a difference, we mean it."

My thinking is, if you haven't already guessed.

Someone with good PR skills contact this company or similar companies and ask if they would like to work with the Dash community to
incorporate a Dash payment option. I think we would have a solid chance of being noticed with businesses like this on board.
All Dash would need to focus on is the technical interface and promotional leaflets etc.
Businesses like this already have the reputation and ethics that Dash needs to be associated with to be successful.
They already have the infrastructure to promote a real world experience. The chances are, some of them may already be crypto aware.
And lets face it, Dash is a payment system not a vending business, we may not need to go down that road to get quick results.

Thoughts..

(...)
All Dash would need to focus on is the technical interface
(...)

And who will create specific interfaces? Who will give support to that hypothetical merchant or business who eventually decides to adopt DASH? Will it be yet another duty to our current Developers team, pausing up development of DASH infrastructure in order to change focus to details in specific technical interfaces?

Are we really waiting for some merchant to graciously pick DASH (out of so many cryptocurrencies, or non-crypto payment options) and turn it into a practical reality? Or are we the ones to make this reality come true?

As I have already said: DASH needs to and must take the initiative to prove that it is not snake oil (that's how the rest of the crypto community perceives DASH nowadays). Even more, DASH must act proactively in order to show to people in the "outside world" that the cryptocurrencies are not ponzi, are not some crazy idea (because that's how the "outside world" sees crypto now - and people fear the new and the different).

I am sure, that's why we need a team in charge of researches in such areas: How to integrate DASH to existing specific payment technologies, merchants needs, day-by-day commerce solutions, etc. Such solutions will be here to benefit the network, attracting (only then) businesses and merchants.

I have got no doubts that this proposal is a reasonable and low-cost solution to a much needed function, that the DASH network must perform: a competent and devoted research team.

Anyway. I am sure the community will be able to see clearly what are the needs and priorities for DASH, and the best decision will be taken after all.

These debates are normal and expected. That shows how healthy our governance is.

Ok, I'm going to try and put a different spin on this,
How about this for a simple plan of action.

PEP Vending pepvend dot Take a look, (sorry, unable to make links) they are a social enterprise vending business, here is what they say.

"Pep is committed to providing opportunities and hope. We’re about social responsibility and making a positive and proactive social impact where we can. That means giving people a real stake in their own future as well as ours. When we talk about making a difference, we mean it."

My thinking is, if you haven't already guessed.

Someone with good PR skills contact this company or similar companies and ask if they would like to work with the Dash community to
incorporate a Dash payment option. I think we would have a solid chance of being noticed with businesses like this on board.
All Dash would need to focus on is the technical interface and promotional leaflets etc.
Businesses like this already have the reputation and ethics that Dash needs to be associated with to be successful.
They already have the infrastructure to promote a real world experience. The chances are, some of them may already be crypto aware.
And lets face it, Dash is a payment system not a vending business, we may not need to go down that road to get quick results.

Thoughts..

Thanks for the the advise. The issue is we don't have a product we can just throw in a machine and it will work. We need to make the software and find the hardware(Pi/XU4) to interface with it. That is what this project is attempting to do.

I approached a software company to come up with a solution to add Dash to gas pumps. They couldn't do it! The only ones that can figure out how to implement Dash are right here in this community. We need to do it and then others can follow.

Now I get why people rely on governments instead of proved makers and why they get into debt (assuming future earnings in the present).... sad... now lets wait and see if anyone makes a better proposal or if the magic adoption unicorn will continue to be just talk

When talking about breakthroughs and innovations more often than not it's all or nothing.

With the kind of voting/budgeting system we have it's always phased, each super-block marks the end of a phase. If the previous one was not satisfactory it will be down-voted and gone. The argument about being more difficult to down-vote after the fact is just silly, when one votes there is a responsibility attached to that. If masternode owners don't want to take that responsibility then I guess this kind of system already failed...

+1

but still a proposal is a promises, wouldnt i compare real progress with proposal before i voted down ??? if you have a proposal without clear goalpost how would one decide to vote down ? all i see in the proposal is 3 project which dont even have clear information which one is the primary, secondary and tertiary objective.
not even roadmap ?

Back