• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Price Discussion Thread

What is the best place to exchange dashes for dollars or euros?
Not sure best place, but bitfinex don't need you to validate with them and they have high dollar liquidity and appear safe, shame they dropped Dash though.

3000 RMB is breaking point
I am not sure if we will make it across

tungfa What's RMB and is that the breaking point for Dash or BTC? LOL (now you know why I don't trade, LOL) But I like to learn!

tungfa What's RMB and is that the breaking point for Dash or BTC? LOL (now you know why I don't trade, LOL) But I like to learn!

Chinese Currency
Chinese Yuan Renminbi

forget my post up there
BTC is is already at 3155 RMB :eek:
(they are going crazy over there)

Gosh, and Dash is dropping below 56. If only I had BTC! I wonder if I should withdraw my 0.00739 BTC and take the penalty at Slush's pool to buy a Dash? LOL

Well, for Euro and Dollar market dashcurrex is cool, yet there is no buying volume so if you want to buy with that currency use dashcurrex, it will def get filled :)

There is potentially a nice margin play if you exchange some dash for dollars and hope bitcoin goes down ..

No more margin for me, i lost 3 BTC in 3 days, Fucking greed! had 1.5BTC plus and basically in period of 2 hours managed to loose all the profit and go down... No more trading for me... This crypto frenzy (ETH) is crazy! Basically, i had 5BTC to buy a MN and decided to increase my stash by riding ETH.... :D Yes, i am an idiot!

No more margin for me, i lost 3 BTC in 3 days, Fucking greed! had 1.5BTC plus and basically in period of 2 hours managed to loose all the profit and go down... No more trading for me... This crypto frenzy (ETH) is crazy! Basically, i had 5BTC to buy a MN and decided to increase my stash by riding ETH.... :D Yes, i am an idiot!
Hard luck, sorry you got chomped, Ethereum had a bigger price movement than most crypto, it is noteworthy to see which are the more shakey currencies and most dominated by the elephant in the room.
I nearly got caught out on the $500 btc price correction, I just parked my small amount of btc to dollars in time, and then it fell dramatically and I bought back in on the correction, I was trading between dollar/btc/Dash but it was the btc exchange transfer times that were getting me (like Solar-miner pointed out, you gotta have reserves on the exchanges to do it quickly, 1 hr wait is just too long)

DASH ~$45 right now.

According to coinmarketcap.com, about $200 million were poured into DASH over the last 30 hours on relatively strong volume. It's happened concurrently with the recent BTC and ETH spike, so this is ostensibly a bunch of non-crypto money pouring into the space.

Expect profits to be taken off the table soon.

Still too low. Unless you reach 1200$ of bitcoin.
I mean it is absurd the bitcoin generation of 2009-2010 to worth 1200$ and the Dash generation of 2014-2016 to worth 60$. In a rational world this should be the reverse. Bitcoin should worth 60$ and Dash should worth 1200$.

But of course those who own dolars are tottaly stupid. It is the fate of Timocracy, which is considered as one of the most corrupted, stupid and unjust political regimes. Imagine how stupid our "beloved" Dash masternodes owners are, and multiply it with 1000 in order to calculate the stupidity of the dollar owners (who invest in Dash and Bitcoin). This is the reason why dash is still below bitcoin.

Last edited:
I've been trying to find good financial analysis of the recent price spike, but Dash news is pretty much nowhere to be found on the internet besides this small forum. The one thread on bitcointalk is just children screaming "pump and dump" and "scam".

I'll just do some back of the envelope numbers here since I can't think of anywhere else to do it. Hopefully there are others here who'd like to engage in this type of discussion.

Number of masternodes as of 3/2/17 = 3,964
Total Dash tied up (DTU) = 3,964,000 (1,000 per MN)
Total outstanding Dash (ToD) = 7,134,010

Dash Float (DF) [float: number of shares actually available for trading] = ToD - DTU = 3,170,010

This is float is notably minuscule, especially considering the below:
Over the last 2 days, trading volume progressed roughly linearly from $10,000,000 to $64,000,000. The previous normal volume ranged between $2-5MM. 68% of the most recent volume, or $44MM was BTC to DASH on Poloniex. That's a huge number of very specific conversions on an isolated exchange. In fact, of the $97MM that has moved through Poloniex over the past 24 hours, nearly HALF was BTC to DASH. No other exchange/asset pairing contributed more than 9% to the recent volume in Dash.

So this has largely been a BTC move into Dash over a very short period of time. The market cap went from $200MM 3 days ago to $400MM+ intraday today. That's a gigantic movement of capital, made even more impressive by virtue of the difficulty of quickly converting fiat into crytpo.

Assuming a $35/Dash average cost over the past 3 days, 5.7 million Dash (coins?) had to be traded (of the 3.17 million float) to account for this move. That is MASSIVE turnover. Hopefully this sparks some interesting discussion.

My speculation - A big player in the Bitcoin sphere decided to jump into Dash. The tiny float wasn't able to absorb such a large, quick move, resulting in a classic price run that we've grown accustomed to seeing in bubble economics. The float market cap was $100MM 3 days ago, and went to $300MM in 72 hours.

Last edited:
Back