• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Whatsapp to Send and recieve dashpay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, did you see how they quashed funding for DashWhale?

Pablo.

Unfortunately a significant number of masternode owners COMPLETELY misunderstand the purpose of the budgeting system and routinely vote down anything that is not directly asked for by Evan.

The purpose is to build the ecosystem in a decentralized way, not wait until Evan asks for money for a project and then rubber stamp it. It's actually quite infuriating to be given a tool for decentralized governance and yet look to a centralized "authority" for his blessing before voting.

It's actually quite infuriating to be given a tool for decentralized governance and yet look to a centralized "authority" for his blessing before voting.

So you're surprised then that when given a choice, most people - most of the time - will choose to abdicate their own power of choice?

Just look around, man - this part of human nature is precisely the reason we are all here having these kinds of discussions. Projects like Dash are the natural consequence of the sort of abuses that become possible once enough people renounce their own power of choice.

Unfortunately a significant number of masternode owners COMPLETELY misunderstand the purpose of the budgeting system and routinely vote down anything that is not directly asked for by Evan.

The purpose is to build the ecosystem in a decentralized way, not wait until Evan asks for money for a project and then rubber stamp it. It's actually quite infuriating to be given a tool for decentralized governance and yet look to a centralized "authority" for his blessing before voting.

I would suggest that any substantial proposal would best be first suggested to Evan, et al. for prior approval and hopefully an endorsement, after which it can be rubber stamped by a majority vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest that any substantial proposal would best be first suggested to Evan, et al. for prior approval and hopefully an endorsement, after which it can be rubber stamped by a majority vote.
upload_2015-10-21_18-35-36.png

I agree, did you see how they quashed funding for DashWhale?

Pablo.

'how they...'
what is that supposed to mean ?
why should we fund Dashwhale ?! they should sort out their own funding with their customers !

the tester funding proposal was done in a 'bad' way, with bad timing !
it needs a little 'finess' and good timing to get things through !

teamer
tx man , did my withdraw
bummer this is shutting down
:sad:

'how they...'
what is that supposed to mean ?
why should we fund Dashwhale ?! they should sort out their own funding with their customers !

the tester funding proposal was done in a 'bad' way, with bad timing !
it needs a little 'finess' and good timing to get things through !

teamer
tx man , did my withdraw
bummer this is shutting down
:sad:
This would be a tragedy if it shuts down. Barring any DGBB funds, I would help fund this effort personally, it's that important.

People shouldn't let the outcome of previous proposals affect their plans to make new budget proposal. They should learn from the mistakes others have made and attempt to not repeat those mistakes. It's obvious that any proposal Evan makes to the community is most likely going to pass, probably because all of us already trust his decision making process. So comparing community member proposals to the proposals Evan makes is like comparing apples to oranges (sorry for the cliche).

As a community we should encourage people to make budget proposals instead of telling them it's impossible.

Nice, thank you so much!

It's a great application you are providing to the DASH community.

I can understand that WhatsApp is the most widespread nowadays, and it is a good strategy to bring DASH awareness among the cryptovirgins, but I wonder if it is also possible (not too too hard) to expand it into Telegram as well. Being more privacy centered, it would be the natural preference of potential DASH users.

See these examples:

Coinbase's Julia (getgemsbot): www.coinbase.com/apps/55aeb83f69702d2db5000056

Personal Bitcoin teller launched via Telegram

and Telebit: www.telebit.org

Telebit, the Telegram Bitcoin Wallet

Telebit Introduces 50 Million Telegram Users to Bitcoin

Nice, thank you so much!

It's a great application you are providing to the DASH community.

I can understand that WhatsApp is the most widespread nowadays, and it is a good strategy to bring DASH awareness among the cryptovirgins, but I wonder if it is also possible (not too too hard) to expand it into Telegram as well. Being more privacy centered, it would be the natural preference of potential DASH users.

See these examples:

Coinbase's Julia (getgemsbot): www.coinbase.com/apps/55aeb83f69702d2db5000056

Personal Bitcoin teller launched via Telegram

and Telebit: www.telebit.org

Telebit, the Telegram Bitcoin Wallet

Telebit Introduces 50 Million Telegram Users to Bitcoin

If the whatsapp wallet worked fine why not! no problem doing it as well :)

teamer

Is your app running smoothly? If I were to start promoting it, is it ready for a lot of users?

Not sure how many users can it handle yet, there's no problem with the server, it's huge with 64GB RAM 16 cores 5gbit bandwidth, but not sure how many the whatsapp protocol can handle per second, i don't think it is an issue, but let's try gradually . i am improving it a little bit now

Not sure how many users can it handle yet, there's no problem with the server, it's huge with 64GB RAM 16 cores 5gbit bandwidth, but not sure how many the whatsapp protocol can handle per second, i don't think it is an issue, but let's try gradually . i am improving it a little bit now
Sounds good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back