• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Lets Make Our Own Mining Pool

Slim

Wouldnt it be nice if you could own a pool??
I am a developer and will develop a drk mining pool so I am in a need of an investor who can provide me with a good VPS hosting service and a good domain name so that we can start up a dark mining pool. I do not want any donations in the form of any dark or btc i just want a hosting service and a domain. I will do all the programming work.
Looking forward to work with a nice investor.
Regards

I'm interested to invest if you are willing to set up a multipool mining SHA256 or SCRYPT and paying out Darkcoin.

I'm interested to invest if you are willing to set up a multipool mining SHA256 or SCRYPT and paying out Darkcoin.
That sounds good. I'd also invest in something like that if given the opportunity.

The mining business is cut throat. If you think you are going to get rich by owning a pool, you're wrong. It takes constant supervision and effort just to keep the pool fully operational.

Just as a little insite, initially to get miners to join the darkcointalk pool, we had a 25% bonus for 100 blocks. It cost me $1,727 dollars just to run the promotion. As of now, the pool still currently has less than 5% of the total network. Also note that the only reason the pool exists is to pay for the forums.

It seems miners refuse to switch to a smaller pool due to not understanding variance. It's been a real challenge convincing people to mine at a pool that is smaller even when it had a bonus. Not to mention that it supports the forums for darkcoin.

Good luck, it's harder than it looks.

The mining business is cut throat. If you think you are going to get rich by owning a pool, you're wrong. It takes constant supervision and effort just to keep the pool fully operational.

Just as a little insite, initially to get miners to join the darkcointalk pool, we had a 25% bonus for 100 blocks. It cost me $1,727 dollars just to run the promotion. As of now, the pool still currently has less than 5% of the total network. Also note that the only reason the pool exists is to pay for the forums.

It seems miners refuse to switch to a smaller pool due to not understanding variance. It's been a real challenge convincing people to mine at a pool that is smaller even when it had a bonus. Not to mention that it supports the forums for darkcoin.

Good luck, it's harder than it looks.
Not trying to hijack a thread.. but I came back to DarkcoinTalk pool.. I erred in my ways.. got glassy eyed at the number of blocks being found at Drkpool... but I do like the forums and I do understand the fact that it costs to run.. so I am back.. with my whopping 4mgh/s.. lol

As I mentioned in my earlier post. The last thing Darkcoin need is yet another pool. All we need is a strong multipool which allows old ASIC hardware to mine other coins which get exchanged to Darkcoin. This will increase the demand on the exchanges and allows more miners to enter this big Darkcoin community. I'm talking about a Darkcoin multipool for exactly 3 months now and there is money to be made with such pools. Still, no one even tried to set up one.

Anyways, I got contacted by someone creating a multipool which pays out in 4 different currencies and I tried to convince them to add Darkcoin as number 3. Stay tuned.

As I mentioned in my earlier post. The last thing Darkcoin need is yet another pool. All we need is a strong multipool which allows old ASIC hardware to mine other coins which get exchanged to Darkcoin. This will increase the demand on the exchanges and allows more miners to enter this big Darkcoin community. I'm talking about a Darkcoin multipool for exactly 3 months now and there is money to be made with such pools. Still, no one even tried to set up one.

Anyways, I got contacted by someone creating a multipool which pays out in 4 different currencies and I tried to convince them to add Darkcoin as number 3. Stay tuned.

Has anyone ever heard back from CHAOSiTEC ?

I think you should be supporting darkcointalk pool as they are providing this forum for you to use. My tiny hashing power is on darkcointalk pool.

Thank You all for your support. I have already got an investor and I also have setup my own pool.
I like your idea but first let me work on my own pool then i will surely think of setting a multipool that pays out only in drk.

Back