• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashMiner.com multipool

You missed the daily payment but I got double today, so all cool and slinky (apart from the GPU's of course) :cool:

Thanks sub, I'll probably keep things the way they are for now. Going to try and get 5 older cards to work on a new system next week . Seems like profits have been very low because of the difficulty perhaps? I've been noting that I'm not making anything now, as to where, I was at least making some cash. Are you on x, or dashminer right now? I may have to get into mining different algorithms like x13, x15.
I took your advice and tried a H81 pro btc board, didn't realise its got a none a standard power plug layout, meaning you can't use powered risers.
Damn it, I blew a PSU due to voltage rail conflict :rolleyes:
I think you gotta use the USB type risers to isolate the PSU's so be warned if you haven't sussed that already!!!

btw, I noticed higher power consumption,hotter cards and uneven hash rates before the big bang, but I put it down to bad tuning of the graphics drivers :rolleyes:

I took your advice and tried a H81 pro btc board, didn't realise its got a none a standard power plug layout, meaning you can't use powered risers.
Damn it, I blew a PSU due to voltage rail conflict :rolleyes:
I think you gotta use the USB type risers to isolate the PSU's so be warned if you haven't sussed that already!!!

btw, I noticed higher power consumption,hotter cards and uneven hash rates before the big bang, but I put it down to bad tuning of the graphics drivers :rolleyes:

Dang Sub, you should have asked me all about that board. I blew up a card (AMD 7950) because I tried a Powered Riser (been through that one before), You HAVE to have both power molex connectors attached, and just yesterday, I was setting a H81 up and HAD the molex power connectors to the board, and I STILL got a warning that they were NOT hooked up, and I could never get the damn thing to work... One thing to be sure though, is to make sure that your chip is well seated in the socket. I've noticed all kinds of "weird" problems and it was just a simple matter reseating the chip. I spent until 3 in the morning working on this today (I have a box of 5 H81s and was giving them away and kept 2), and chucked the 1st one I used after about 6 hours of aggravation, because it is probably junk right out of the box. But once you get through the agony of learning the board and you find one that actually runs, I have found that the total power is lower. That's not to say that your GPUs are not hotter, it's just that when you use an I5 or I7 on another type of board, the H81 total power definitely is an improvement. Also you may need to get into the bios and go into advanced and set the video from "onboard, to PCI", if it isn't already, that way you can supposedly use all 6 of the slots. Let me know if you have any questions with this board. If you are using Ubuntu, you can usually get 6 working. For windows, I was only able to use up to 5 ( I use windows 7 64 on all my rigs). I've blown up a PSU with this stupid board too if it makes you feel better, probably doesn't, but I'd like to find a board that just has 5 slots, that would house a i3. Maybe gigabyte may have one. I'd spend the extra money for that, because the PSU and GPUs are your most costly investments.

On another note, I tried to mine ethereum (I know I'm a trator), but was bored, and it is a bit*ch to set up (I finally did, but am wondering if the whole thing is a scam), and software is extremely clunky. Dash mining is cake, I feel guilty....I have some btc for nicehash to mine Dash in case the stockprice goes up during the v12 release ready.
Sorry about your loss about the PSU, is it just a fuse inside? Anyway, whatever I said good about the H81, please disregard. It's only good if you have hours and hours where you like to hit your head on a wall, but once you get it figured out, they usually last a long time, I am sending 3 H81s back RMA back to AROCK as I am typing this.....

Hey, I actually know what the word "sussed" means, you must be from England or close by...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back