• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode not on list

philipmicklon

Ok, I setup 1 masternode and after much trial and error, its working and on the list! Masternode #1 is working.
So I created a snapshot of this droplet (on DigitalOcean) and cloned it to a new box to setup Masternode #2.
So Masternode #2 is a clone of #1 and #1 is working fine and showing up on the list.
On #2 I updated the wallet with a new wallet, updated the config file with the correct external IP and a new masternodeprivkey and restarted darkcoind.

It says masternode started successfully, but its not showing up in the list.

Any ideas?

I waited over 1 hour.
I also tried rebooting the server and running masternode start.
it says it started successfully, but it never shows up on the list.

I sent all my masternode wallets 1000 dark in the same TX. Is this causing an issue?

I created one TX with multiple outputs of 1000 DRK and sent them to all the masternode addresses I had created.

Then I am importing the private key into the wallet on each masternode.

Do you think its blocking it because all inputs come from one TX?

I sent all my masternode wallets 1000 dark in the same TX. Is this causing an issue?

I created one TX with multiple outputs of 1000 DRK and sent them to all the masternode addresses I had created.

Then I am importing the private key into the wallet on each masternode.

Do you think its blocking it because all inputs come from one TX?
This was the problem. Sent the 1000 to a new address, imported the new address, and all works fine.

I'm having a very similar issue here. But I sent in 1 drk (NOT address 0) to the wallet first... (was going testnet to mainet and got paranoid with client update 3x 4x a day that day). Went through, so I sent 1001 DRK to that address, and then sent myself 1000 DRK to address 0. This works on Testnet. I was out for the weekend, but last weeks could not get on the list. Was out for the weekend, and still...

New IP, new genkey, 10.8.8

This was the problem. Sent the 1000 to a new address, imported the new address, and all works fine.

Mind expanding a little? did you create a second address 0 and sent yourself to it?

I'm having a very similar issue here. But I sent in 1 drk (NOT address 0) to the wallet first... (was going testnet to mainet and got paranoid with client update 3x 4x a day that day). Went through, so I sent 1001 DRK to that address, and then sent myself 1000 DRK to address 0. This works on Testnet. I was out for the weekend, but last weeks could not get on the list. Was out for the weekend, and still...

New IP, new genkey, 10.8.8
Mind expanding a little? did you create a second address 0 and sent yourself to it?
This was my procedure:
  1. Download paper wallet generator (paper.darkcoin.io > github > download zip)
  2. Live linux install > extract zip > generate paper wallet with BIP 38 > print copies
  3. send 1000 drk to this paper wallet
  4. SSH into server
    1. rm wallet.dat
    2. darkcoind
    3. darkcoind encryptwallet passphrasehere (add a space before these commands to prevent them from being kept in terminal history)
    4. darkcoind walletpassphrase passphrasehere 100
    5. importprivkey {key here} 0
    6. darkcoind masternode genkey
    7. nano darkcoin.conf
    8. Add: masternode=1 & masternodeprivkey={key}
    9. darkcoind stop
    10. darkcoind
    11. darkcoind getinfo
    12. darkcoind masternode start {passphrase}
    13. darkcoind masternode list
    14. Make sure you're on the list
No need to copy a wallet file. Importing the private keys is better. This way they're on encrypted paper wallets.
Remember to put a space before any command that includes a password or private key (so its not logged in history).

This was my procedure:
  1. Download paper wallet generator (paper.darkcoin.io > github > download zip)
  2. Live linux install > extract zip > generate paper wallet with BIP 38 > print copies
  3. send 1000 drk to this paper wallet
  4. SSH into server
    1. rm wallet.dat
    2. darkcoind
    3. darkcoind encryptwallet passphrasehere (add a space before these commands to prevent them from being kept in terminal history)
    4. darkcoind walletpassphrase passphrasehere 100
    5. importprivkey {key here} 0
    6. darkcoind masternode genkey
    7. nano darkcoin.conf
    8. Add: masternode=1 & masternodeprivkey={key}
    9. darkcoind stop
    10. darkcoind
    11. darkcoind getinfo
    12. darkcoind masternode start {passphrase}
    13. darkcoind masternode list
    14. Make sure you're on the list
No need to copy a wallet file. Importing the private keys is better. This way they're on encrypted paper wallets.
Remember to put a space before any command that includes a password or private key (so its not logged in history).

When you import the private key, you defeat the whole purpose of the encrypted paper wallet. You're no longer running a remote set up, you're running it all off of the amazon cloud server.

When you import the private key, you defeat the whole purpose of the encrypted paper wallet. You're no longer running a remote set up, you're running it all off of the amazon cloud server.

Indeed... basically, you have a paper wallet back-up of a hot wallet. Certainly not a good idea! (i mean, the way you're thinking about it)

Back