• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

You're welcome :)

Dark

I've just bought 4000 backlinks for this website! Now, whenever someone googles "Darkcoin" or anything related to those characters, this website is higher on the list. Going to start doing all I can to help you guys out, let's make this community just as amazing as Dogecoins is!!

^Well dang, sorry for trying to make your website more popular :/

EDIT: I can simply undo it if you want man, didn't mean to overstep any boundaries, tbh I thought people would be happy.

Dark, I forgot one of the golden quarks of the internet. It's hard to detect grateful sarcasm.

You didn't overstep anything. It's great to see more people interested in Darkcoin. This website will be around for years. It has to be upgraded sooner then later so thank you.

I appreciate it, truly.

Dark, I forgot one of the golden quarks of the internet. It's hard to detect grateful sarcasm.

You didn't overstep anything. It's great to see more people interested in Darkcoin. This website will be around for years. It has to be upgraded sooner then later so thank you.

I appreciate it, truly.
*backs away facepalming*

Forgive my ignorance :grin:

buying backlinks? arent these the same guys who spam our forums, just to generate a lot of backlinks to beautyfarms and stuff and making my life as moderator harder?

No, no posting occurs at all. A backlink is an incoming link to the website, and once read by the webnode places our spot on search engines higher. For instance, if you were to google "Darkcoin" the website with the most backlinks would be the ones at the top. Doing what I did shortens that process, and makes us higher on the list thus perpetuating even more people to click this website which starts the ongoing chain of directing traffic to this website.

No, no posting occurs at all. A backlink is an incoming link to the website, and once read by the webnode places our spot on search engines higher. For instance, if you were to google "Darkcoin" the website with the most backlinks would be the ones at the top. Doing what I did shortens that process, and makes us higher on the list thus perpetuating even more people to click this website which starts the ongoing chain of directing traffic to this website.

I think his point was aren't other forums just going to get spammed with backlinks pointing to us?

I think his point was aren't other forums just going to get spammed with backlinks pointing to us?
I mean they shouldn't, it's not like these backlinks are people creating accounts or actually posting. They're just incoming connections to boost our rankings on search engines. Just like when you clicked "darkcointalk.org" for the first time.

This.
I appreciate your help but paid backlinks hurt more than help. Google dislikes any paid liinking. I had my Adsense account banned for buying backlinks on a domain I owned.
And this.

Just don't :)
(Google is not that stupid.)

I mean they shouldn't, it's not like these backlinks are people creating accounts or actually posting. They're just incoming connections to boost our rankings on search engines. Just like when you clicked "darkcointalk.org" for the first time.
How else do you think these clicks are generated? Your argumentation sounds a bit naive... :)

I appreciate your help but paid backlinks hurt more than help. Google dislikes any paid liinking. I had my Adsense account banned for buying backlinks on a domain I owned.
Yeap, I just thought this when I read his post. It is not that it doesn't help, it can harm quite a bit. Search for Matt Cutts on this (he is the guy in charge of fighting spam in Google).

Dark, I know your intentions are good and you are just trying to help. Propulsion is the owner of the forum and he has the last call, but I think that if you can undo, it would be best. When Google punishes a site, it punishes hard. I commend you for helping and encourage you to keep doing it, it is just that this is done better one by one. Darkcoin is getting a lot of attention without cutting corners and the last thing we need is being questioned for dubious practices. Discuss everywhere, write and talk about darkcoin and this site. Welcome to the dark side, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google can't do anything to this site unless it is owned by google..... lol. It's not like these are hacked, nor are they "bots". These are real backlinks by actual, completely original IP addresses. I probably shouldn't have posted this here, because it looks like a lot of you guys don't really know what's going on. You cannot get in trouble for what I did, google isn't the chieftain of the internet, thus can't really do anything to this website. What I got for us is essentially what is already happening with us, it doesn't really do anything other than boost traffic. If I didn't have to go right now, I'd go ahead and post evidence of many of the most popular websites in the world using backlinks to popularize their site, one of them being google themselves. (How do you think google rose to the top search engine when it first started?)

The reason your adsense account got banned is because that website gives you money based on who clicks your links, so they have to check up and see if people are just cutting corners to make a bit of cash and buying even one backlink to boost their income. This website is nothing like that, literally, the only thing that could happen as a result of these backlinks is more people joining the site. I mean, MAYBE if I bought 2 million backlinks to this website google would be like "Wtf bro" and not count them towards the rankings, but four thousand is so miniscule that I'm 100% sure it doesn't even show on their radar. Not to mention the fact that these are actual people visiting the site, so it's in no way "bad", "frowned upon", or "illegal." Hell, I'm sure it'll even bring some long term members to the site from those who are visiting as a result of the backlinks.

I think "back links" are when another site puts your site's link on it's web pages. I don't know how the service works, but perhaps people put links on their websites for pay? Many years ago, I had a site. I contacted other site owners with a similar or related site and we would exchange urls and put them on our "links" page. I think this is an automatic service that does the same thing. Am I correct?

I think "back links" are when another site puts your site's link on it's web pages. I don't know how the service works, but perhaps people put links on their websites for pay? Many years ago, I had a site. I contacted other site owners with a similar or related site and we would exchange urls and put them on our "links" page. I think this is an automatic service that does the same thing. Am I correct?

Yes, the question is how are you linked though, is it just through a spam post? Also as just_mike said google is pretty good at sniffing out paid/bogus links and they can penalize you for them. Google is not the internet police but Dark is not entirely correct when saying "Google can't do anything to this site unless it is owned by google" it's true they can't shut us down but they can lower our pagerank which in turn lowers our position in a google search. Dark seems to be under the impression the purpose of purchasable backlinks is to drive traffic, it's not, the purpose of purchasable backlinks is to help pagerank. The traffic the backlinks drive here is frankly probably not worth a whole damn as it is untargeted, paid backlinks are also often just shotgunned out and even purposely hidden on the page. Think of search engines as popularity contests and your pagerank as your popularity, if a popular website links to you then it helps your popularity and your pagerank and position in results goes up likewise if a bunch of semi-popular website link to you your popularity is also increased. Basically if google catches you paying, or doing some quid pro quo, to be popular it can actually hurt your popularity, this is also why reciprocal links don't add up to much.

edit: I'm not saying all backlinks are bad or are used to help pagerank. For instance if I have a site and my friend has a site with similar content then yes I might backlink in an attempt to drive some traffic to him and it probably will drive traffic to him since people who already are on my site would be interested in his site. However backlinks that are bulk purchasable are often poor quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I suppose when our pagerank does nothing but rises my argument will be supported.

EDIT: If I were to do this every day of the week for a year, it would be detrimental. But any argument I've seen so far undermining the potency & legitimacy of these backlinks are void for the simple fact that were just too minuscule to affect any google radar. Think about 4 thousand backlinks on one website out of trillions which hold trillions upon trillions of visitors each month, and you'll see how insignificant to the bigger picture this is. It is completely significant to OUR website, because we're still small, but on the entirety of websites listed on google alone (As I'm not even counting Yahoo!, Bing, WebSearch, DuckDuckGo, etc, etc) we are pretty much non-existent. Also, it astounds me that some still don't know what backlinks are, yet are trying to create an argument on the subject. Backlinks are not that, google what backlinks are please.

Well, I suppose when our pagerank does nothing but rises my argument will be supported.

EDIT: If I were to do this every day of the week for a year, it would be detrimental. But any argument I've seen so far undermining the potency & legitimacy of these backlinks are void for the simple fact that were just too minuscule to affect any google radar. Think about 4 thousand backlinks on one website out of trillions which hold trillions upon trillions of visitors each month, and you'll see how insignificant to the bigger picture this is. It is completely significant to OUR website, because we're still small, but on the entirety of websites listed on google alone (As I'm not even counting Yahoo!, Bing, WebSearch, DuckDuckGo, etc, etc) we are pretty much non-existent. Also, it astounds me that some still don't know what backlinks are, yet are trying to create an argument on the subject. Backlinks are not that, google what backlinks are please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backlink - Oh look almost the whole article is about SEO, I know what backlinks are please don't talk down to me. I've been a webmaster I've dealt with backlinks. I know that paid ones are often of poor quality and drive little to no traffic, and they are not intended too. Why do you think the page rank matters so much in buying backlinks and why do you think this webpage says "Get Top 10 on Google Within 3-6 Months"

Also about google having trillions of webpages with trillions of links indexed, this is true but each page is indexed separately so it's not completely insignificant because you're judged against yourself not everybody else.

Back