• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.17 - Onyx v3

Ok guys, I already admitted my mistake. What else do you want from me :grin:

I just got too excited by the prospect of discovering a bug that was missed by the talented dev team like you guys? :wink:

I just got too excited by the prospect of discovering a bug that was missed by the talented dev team like you guys? :wink:
Hmm, i was fooled that 'bug' also:what:

Public shaming until at least page 10...

But seriously, you're not the only one to misconstrue the intended functionality of the address book, This guy had it worse...Solution vectors involve [1] replacing the "These are your [X]Coin addresses for sending[...]" dialog and possibly [2] altering the error message to add additional line noting intended functionality to prevent user error. Simple implementation, but something that should really be pushed through its own discussion threads here and at bitcointalk.org as an enhancement.

Public shaming until at least page 10...

But seriously, you're not the only one to misconstrue the intended functionality of the address book, This guy had it worse...Solution vectors involve [1] replacing the "These are your [X]Coin addresses for sending[...]" dialog and possibly [2] altering the error message to add additional line noting intended functionality to prevent user error. Simple implementation, but something that should really be pushed through its own discussion threads here and at bitcointalk.org as an enhancement.
this discussion is already obsolete as the v11 wallet's addressbook is hidden to avoid this confusion.

this discussion is already obsolete as the v11 wallet's addressbook is hidden to avoid this confusion.
Obsolete is a strong term assuming this is as implemented in core v.0.9.3, but you do almost have to try to shoot yourself in the foot with that configuration.

If Light or anyone who hasn't seen the Darkcoin Core v.11 wallets, this is what it looks like for windows (which I think typically the same for other OS's).
Note: "Sending addresses" and "Receiving addresses" are under the "File" menu (which I put in the red square to highlight.)
Maybe we can make a thread about wallets... lol...

upload_2015-1-11_19-29-22.png

My local and all my Masternode wallets are reporting over 2000 Masternodes, dark.mn and Lebubar on BCT still show about 1872.

stu@stu-laptop:~/.darkcoin$ ./darkcoind getinfo
{
"version" : 101725,
"protocolversion" : 70051,
"walletversion" : 60001,
"balance" : 52.08121718,
"darksend_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 201653,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 8,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 3668.18188107,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1419995207,
"keypoolsize" : 999,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00001000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
"errors" : ""
}
stu@stu-laptop:~/.darkcoin$ ./darkcoind masternode count

Blockheight is consistent with explorer.darkcoin.io.

My wallets were all at 1872-ish until about 5 hours ago, then the number reported started to climb rapidly. ???

./darkcoind masternode list | grep ": 1" | awk -F\" '{print $2}' | sort -u | wc -l shows 1886 currently.

This might not be the right thread, but I have a problem with .25 and .26.

For whatever reason, on my windows box, .25 forces a block re-index, and then hangs at 46 weeks behind, about block 19907

After waiting all night for something to restart, I shut down and moved the wallet.dat to an Ubuntu machine. Unfortunately .26 does the same thing. Any ides why it would take so long to load blocks? I remember there being some changes in the blockchain way back then, but is that enough to cause a hang?

Is there any way to archive the blockchain from another box (linux or windows) to speed up the process?

This might not be the right thread, but I have a problem with .25 and .26.

For whatever reason, on my windows box, .25 forces a block re-index, and then hangs at 46 weeks behind, about block 19907

After waiting all night for something to restart, I shut down and moved the wallet.dat to an Ubuntu machine. Unfortunately .26 does the same thing. Any ides why it would take so long to load blocks? I remember there being some changes in the blockchain way back then, but is that enough to cause a hang?

Is there any way to archive the blockchain from another box (linux or windows) to speed up the process?
There's a bootstrap to help make the syncing faster: https://github.com/UdjinM6/darkcoin-bootstrap
I'm wondering if you try that and see if it can help.
I didn't have trouble installing this version and I used the bootstrap.

There's a bootstrap to help make the syncing faster: https://github.com/UdjinM6/darkcoin-bootstrap
I'm wondering if you try that and see if it can help.
I didn't have trouble installing this version and I used the bootstrap.

OK - here's something interesting:

The bootstrap didn't help with the qt version, but after pondering the fact that the daemon uses the same wallet and data, I ran darkcoind instead (this works on linux, will try it on windows later).
With darkcoind, the blockchain seems to be loading at ~ 500 blocks in the time it takes me to hit up arrow and return (2 seconds?)

This makes me think it has something to do with the GUI, but I'm not sure what... Is there anything I should check to give you more info on this weird glitch?

The bootstrap didn't help with the qt version, but after pondering the fact that the daemon uses the same wallet and data, I ran darkcoind instead (this works on linux, will try it on windows later).
With darkcoind, the blockchain seems to be loading at ~ 500 blocks in the time it takes me to hit up arrow and return (2 seconds?)

This makes me think it has something to do with the GUI, but I'm not sure what... Is there anything I should check to give you more info on this weird glitch?
I'm not sure why you're having trouble with the GUI. I installed the windows 32bit qt, using the bootstrap, and it synced fine. I don't remember how long it took but not too long. I love using the bootstrap for both Mainnet and Testnet.

Yes, the daemon usually syncs fine when the QT client for whatever reason hangs or gets stuck in treacle. The daemon also handles large wallet sizes (thousands of txes) without much slowdown where the QT version will just suck CPU and become unusable.

Yes, the daemon usually syncs fine when the QT client for whatever reason hangs or gets stuck in treacle. The daemon also handles large wallet sizes (thousands of txes) without much slowdown where the QT version will just suck CPU and become unusable.
It's interesting for sure. I'm sure there a bigger bugs to catch, but it is irritating from a user experience.

FYI, I ran the windows daemon, and it's going smoothly now, too.

It's interesting for sure. I'm sure there a bigger bugs to catch, but it is irritating from a user experience.

FYI, I ran the windows daemon, and it's going smoothly now, too.
I ran into a similar issue, albeit while testing v11 on testnet. I finally got my windows-qt client to sync by creating a new wallet.dat - seems my old wallet.dat was too large or otherwise incompatible. Once sync was done I could open the old wallet.dat file, but decided to send all funds to the new wallet anyways just to be sure.

I ran into a similar issue, albeit while testing v11 on testnet. I finally got my windows-qt client to sync by creating a new wallet.dat - seems my old wallet.dat was too large or otherwise incompatible. Once sync was done I could open the old wallet.dat file, but decided to send all funds to the new wallet anyways just to be sure.

I was just thinking about that. my wallet version is 60000 whereas the protocol version is 70051. I realize that they aren't really related, but it bring sup the question: what is the most current wallet version?

I was just thinking about that. my wallet version is 60000 whereas the protocol version is 70051. I realize that they aren't really related, but it bring sup the question: what is the most current wallet version?
Build 10.17.25 or 10.17.26 depending on what shows up when you getinfo (some versions of the latest [10.17.26] are reporting 101725) is the latest on mainnet.

wallet version and protocol version are not related. the latest was bumped in v11. the gui performance issue is being worked on for v11. it's because of the scanning for denominated funds. the daemon has darksend disabled by default.

Back