• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Spreadcoin

Yes. Some of these guys have 50-100k spreadcoins so they can set it up. And buying a node is cheap at the moment. So I guess they can reach 1000 very quickly.
indeed with these prices it is very possible, the question is if they will have market volume and will be noticed by the market, darkcoin was noticed and still is noticed as the most innovating altcoin.

indeed with these prices it is very possible, the question is if they will have market volume and will be noticed by the market, darkcoin was noticed and still is noticed as the most innovating altcoin.
the problem is that once MN are active - if it gets that way - they could be a massive demand for the coin but since it's not on big exchanges I doubt it'll get noticed. Therefore leaving their MJ network controlled by a good select few. This is far from ideal. That's were I think dark wins.

It does worry me that Evan can put all this effort in and someone else can come along, tweak a few things and start a new coin ... Whilst happily ripping off Evans hard work!!

the problem is that once MN are active - if it gets that way - they could be a massive demand for the coin but since it's not on big exchanges I doubt it'll get noticed. Therefore leaving their MJ network controlled by a good select few. This is far from ideal. That's were I think dark wins.

It does worry me that Evan can put all this effort in and someone else can come along, tweak a few things and start a new coin ... Whilst happily ripping off Evans hard work!!

It's not about cloning. It's about darkcoin team members supporting it all the way in SPR thread.

It's not about cloning. It's about darkcoin team members supporting it all the way in SPR thread.
I do agree. Some drk supporters became SPR supporters too. Hmmmm. I read their thread because I`m curious too, looks like they have the problem of the hashrate - one guy controlls 1/3 of all hash in their coin. NOT HEALTHY AT ALL.

So what? Everybody can support as many coins as they want to.
I dont see much future for SPR but if others do? Why bother?

I would welcome more partnerships and less competition. If spreadcoin creates innovation, we can adapt, the same way as spread adapts our innovation. Sharing innovation is a good thing. Stop fighting each others.

So what? Everybody can support as many coins as they want to.
I dont see much future for SPR but if others do? Why bother?

I would welcome more partnerships and less competition. If spreadcoin creates innovation, we can adapt, the same way as spread adapts our innovation. Sharing innovation is a good thing. Stop fighting each others.
I totally agree. Since spread is a clone of dark... Whatever innovations spread produces can easily be ported in drk and vice versa

Looks like more and more darkcoiners are supporting Spreadcoin in their thread. I don't mind you guys invested but I think you forgot what they are up to? Implementing masternodes and instantX! Spreadcoin will be our competition very soon and some of you got really involved in their community. Where do you think a lot of money will flow from? It won't be new investors, it will be people selling DRK to invest in SPR. How can you be a darkcoin supporter while supporting a rival coin?

I am one of the Darkcoiners posting on their thread. So far, after six attempts, the dev has not directly addressed any questions about the future plans for Spreadcoin which sets alarm bells ringing for me. I think you might find that some of the Darkcoin supporters over there are testing the waters and seeing what is really going on there. For me, there seems to be a confusing amount of blind cheerleading and lack of substance.

Their latest announcement is that Mr Spread has found a way to eliminate a non existent centralisation problem i.e removing the need for the reference nodes which is something that as far as I'm aware, Evan et al has under control already anyway.

The is a choke hold on supply, its not possible to buy much more than 0.5BTC without driving the price up by 50% and the bagholders seem unwilling to let any go.

Finally, by getting rid of pools they have actually managed to freeze many people out of the mining game. It is no longer viable to solo mine SPR unless you have a large farm.

Something does't hang together with SPR. I particularly find the awkward collaboration with Evan to be weird. I personally would not worry.

Anyway, this isn't a Spreadcoin forum. I just wanted to hint that maybe some of the darkcoin supporters over there are sleuthing rather than bag filling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, by getting rid of pools they have actually managed to freeze many people out of the mining game.

What's so special about SpreadX11? Why is it technical not possible to pool the mining power? Did they remove the rpc calls from the wallet?

Someone create a p2pool or something or explain me why it's not possible ;-)

What's so special about SpreadX11? Why is it technical not possible to pool the mining power? Did they remove the rpc calls from the wallet?

Someone create a p2pool or something or explain me why it's not possible ;-)

A Spreadcoin supporter made a claim that a 400Mh farm tried to mine for 4 hours and didn't find any blocks. When asked how they know this there was no reply. In any case, the whitepaper and subsequent conversations on their thread state that blocks mined by pools are distributed amongst legitimate solo miners which is contradictory.

Personally, I'd love to have a crack at setting a pool up on there but I really don't think its worth the time or effort, IMHO.

For the record, since posting interest in buying a bag of SPR I have received some quite vitriolic PMs from SPR supporters telling me to go back to Darkcoin. This is what I shall be doing. I've got enough to be getting on with over here ;)

^^ I'm sure you have read this vertoe but SpreadX11 is simply X11 with a final Sha256 round for good measure. Its X11.5 really.

Ok, I like some of there wallet design features. Will keep a copy of their repository just in case they decide to vanish some day https://github.com/vertoe/spreadcoin ;-)

I like seeing the network hash rate in the wallet in particular I don't know why but I find it really reassuring for some reason!

Spreadcoin is the first fairly organised Darkcoin clone with a seemingly good dev. I think it would be remiss of the official Darkcoin team and Darkcoin community not to keep abreast of their progress and plans for the future. Not least of all because if they come up with anything better than ours, we can reuse it. It is also an interesting experiment in decentralised mining.

I like seeing the network hash rate in the wallet in particular I don't know why but I find it really reassuring for some reason!

Spreadcoin is the first fairly organised Darkcoin clone with a seemingly good dev. I think it would be remiss of the official Darkcoin team and Darkcoin community not to keep abreast of their progress and plans for the future. Not least of all because if they come up with anything better than ours, we can reuse it. It is also an interesting experiment in decentralised mining.
Hey I was wondering what you were doing with spreadcoin and thought you lost your mind.. lol.. Good to see you back! :grin:

I downloaded the Spreadcoin wallet, and yes I admit, I do like seeing their network hash rate on the wallet. Also, it's interesting to see how this mining with no pools is going to play out. To me it seems the irony of all this "decentralized mining" is their coins are only in the hands of a few, and their current mining is in the hands of big farms? Think of how their masternodes will be in the control of only a few, so much for decentralization!

I'm sure our dev team and community are watching to see what MrSpread is up to. Wouldn't be surprised to see him disappear one day after cashing out his bag.

Also, it's interesting to see how this mining with no pools is going to play out. To me it seems the irony of all this "decentralized mining" is their coins are only in the hands of a few, and their current mining is in the hands of big farms? Think of how their masternodes will be in the control of only a few, so much for decentralization!

Perfectly said.

Although they are still talking about 1000SPR for a masternode...thats about 0.4BTC! This means that the entry point for a masternode will be very low.

When you have multiple holders in excess of 6%+, I'll pass on that shit distribution. I've love to see a compiled "rich list" just to see how horrible things really are.

I'd post on their thread and ask if it was possible to see a rich list or whether they plan to create an API for their blockchain explorer but I'd feel like a troll.

Sc8KwkyfNev6JgXQN5vxP8P9f9Kz6rVdec has mined 3,200 SPR in 13 days.

I reckon it should be fairly easy to rent a rig at miningrigrentals.com and proxy it somehow to solo mine SPR.

It seems so appealing to get a cheap masternode with spreadcoin, if you missed the Darkcoin train for cheap DRK Masternodes, but it's like shopping in a "Dollar Store" (or thrift store if you're not Americans :)), or buying a faked Prada handbag, you guys know what I'm talking about... :smile:

After seeing this thread here, I took the time to read the Spreadcoin thread and evaluate their devs code. It is very clean, intelligent, advanced code. He is certainly legit.

I get the feeling that they're going to head in a direction other than anonymity with masternodes which has me curious. As I already have a lot of DRK masternodes, I'm buying some SPR as I figure at this price, I might as well get additional use out of all these VPS.

It may crash and burn but at this point I figure it's a low risk high potential reward situation.

Back