• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

X11 Mining Optimisation Project

Use the latest driver from NVIDIA (.75). Use windows 7 64bit os.

If the pool shows less hash over time, change pool. Also check the pools payout policy.
A PLNS pool will pay more to the longterm miners a PROP pool will pay bether for the short term miners. The miner works very well with a profit switcher tool like this one:

http://cryptomining-blog.com/3953-miner-control-1-5-5-pack-for-nvidia-geforce-gtx-750-ti/

Replace the exe file with release 14. (more stable, and more hash)

Me? Dude, I am probably not yet capable of properly writing X11 - I've done it decently, that's all. A properly written X11 miner wouldn't have all the hashes calculated by a single thread, Lord knows at least SIMD is horrible on GPU when done this way. While my kernels depend a lot less memory than the stock one, it still depends on memory because SIMD is so huge and poorly done that it accesses global memory a lot.

A PROPERLY done X11 would likely not even use the AES tables - the dev would bitslice the AES S-box, and that implementation would help out Groestl a lot, too, which is one of the slower ones, currently. SIMD would be split at least 4-way, probably 8-way, meaning that 8 threads are used to calculate a single hash. GPUs hate large amounts of code and complex tasks - they excel at tons of work in tiny pieces done by many different threads. BMW isn't as good as it could be, in stock or mine - Lord knows how to fix that, but I know there's gotta be a better way. Luffa, another kinda slow one, can easily be done in parallel - what stopped me is the ugliness of the SGMiner host code; I decided not to edit it, and confine my work to the OpenCL device code only. CubeHash isn't too slow, but a 2-way will probably make it faster.

In short, I am THE man who you're looking for - I am the professional.

Thanks for the bin file, Wolf0, I only have 1 R9 290, but it way speeded up to 7.7 mega hash, I sent you a thankyou btw :)

is this project going to be for AMD or NVIDIA or both?
Unfortunately I can't seem to get any reliable GPU devs for this one.

They agree to do the work then keep going AWOL, so I'm not going to waste my time anymore.

Plenty of things to help out with now the Darkcoin Foundation is live and we have an official mechanism to fund development...

They agree to do the work then keep going AWOL, so I'm not going to waste my time anymore.

Plenty of things to help out with now the Darkcoin Foundation is live and we have an official mechanism to fund development...

I'm here. Been here.

yeah good point, pulled together all my spare coins and wallet dust from many wallets to become a lifetime member today. looking forward to the foundation doing a lot of great things for the currency. now i need to sell my AMD and buy nvidia cards

yeah good point, pulled together all my spare coins and wallet dust from many wallets to become a lifetime member today. looking forward to the foundation doing a lot of great things for the currency. now i need to sell my AMD and buy nvidia cards
Nice one...

OK so have a think about a couple of things please mate:

1. If there are any gains left to be had, what would they be?
  2. How long would you need to work on them (roughly)?
  3. Which algorithms will be impacted (this will decide the final list of communities I reach out to) ?
  4. What's the range of expected gains? (Here we would say, the more that gets donated, the more time and priority you can give this optimisation)
  5. When are you available to start this work?

Once you've thought about those questions and provide me with some solid guidance we can get started ;-)

I'm thinking of a project between 4-8 weeks.

OK so have a think about a couple of things please mate:

1. If there are any gains left to be had, what would they be?
  2. How long would you need to work on them (roughly)?
  3. Which algorithms will be impacted (this will decide the final list of communities I reach out to) ?
  4. What's the range of expected gains? (Here we would say, the more that gets donated, the more time and priority you can give this optimisation)
  5. When are you available to start this work?

Once you've thought about those questions and provide me with some solid guidance we can get started ;-)

I'm thinking of a project between 4-8 weeks.

I still have a better x13 and x15, I can integrate my work into FRESH, and really, any algo that uses shit from X11, which is a LOT. NIST5 is another. I wouldn't need very long, but I don't know what the gains would be.

I still have a better x13 and x15, I can integrate my work into FRESH, and really, any algo that uses shit from X11, which is a LOT. NIST5 is another. I wouldn't need very long, but I don't know what the gains would be.
Can you give me a range? Pessimistic vs Optimistic?

You wont be held accountable for things, we'll just throw in the caveat that the more that gets donated the more time you can spend on optimising, which is fair enough.

I'm guessing we are talking AMD only for this?

Can you give me a range? Pessimistic vs Optimistic?

You wont be held accountable for things, we'll just throw in the caveat that the more that gets donated the more time you can spend on optimising, which is fair enough.

I'm guessing we are talking AMD only for this?

Yeah, AMD only - and it depends on the algorithm, what it's made up of, and how bad the SPH implementation was on GPU, so it'd have to be taken case by case.

Yeah, AMD only - and it depends on the algorithm, what it's made up of, and how bad the SPH implementation was on GPU, so it'd have to be taken case by case.
Pessimistic vs Optimistic gains for each algo? We need to give guidelines or people will not donate.

We will also remind people you were responsible for the last big round of gains so we should also collect some thanks for those efforts as well.

Pessimistic vs Optimistic gains for each algo? We need to give guidelines or people will not donate.

We will also remind people you were responsible for the last big round of gains so we should also collect some thanks for those efforts as well.

All right, I'll look into the different algos and get back to you.

Purrfect...

I've got the graphic designer (CRZ from ShadowCoin) waiting for our final text, so we can make a nice professional looking flyer...

Back