• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

A bit of help for a mate, if you've a moment?

Xem-Rose

I'm fairly new to DRK coin, just looking into it today. Found one faucet, which was amazing to see, and now I've set myself to mine DRK coin in this pool. However, I've a bit of an issue that would likely be considered a 'newb' question. For CPUminer, does weblogin mean your username for this site, your email, your password, or a combination? I'd like to invest in this CC as I see it going places, anyway, so please, a bit of help for a new mate on the block.

What software exactly are you using? Are you mining at a pool, if so which one?

'weblogin' suggests whatever your username is at a pool, but pool users can have different workers at that pool too... basically, what is asking you for a weblogin?

Ah, I'm using CPUminer, or trying rather, due to Norton deleting it's files before I can exclude them. I'm reading the guide on here on how to start mining, but I intend to mine for this site's pool.

Due to norton, I cannot download the file in the guide or keep the text file on which version I should use for CPUminer, so there's that issue, plus it continually says something about retrying in 30 seconds, which I'm not sure is normal.

Might need to turn off dat norton.

When you are mining on pools the most common thing is to get a username to login to the site (weblogin) plus then you have to create workers. Workers help separate your mining systems logically. In the cases where you have more then one system it helps in your case it's just causing confusion. So if my weblogin I signed up with was coingun and my first worker name was 1 then I'd use coingun.1 in my mining config. I haven't actually tried to setup a miner on the dct pool so I should probably do that so it will be easier to help.

Edit: Did some testing. Hope this helps.

1) Create your account. (need username,password,wallet address,pin number)
2) Login.
3) Find My Account.
4) Find My Workers.
5) Create a worker (workname: 1 worker password: dct-rocks)

Setup account and tested on a gpu miner here is the connection string:

./sgminer.exe -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://mining.darkcointalk.org:3333 -u coingun.1 -p dct-rocks

Last edited by a moderator:
This itself is quite a bit of help. I was hesitant to ask, because since they didn't specify, I'd assume it's considered common knowledge, so thanks for helping me ^.^

Thanks mate, I'm trying now. It should work, so I'll assume it does, so do you have any suggestions what I should look at next around here to get more involved? Like I said, I really see think CC going places.

Edit: Actually, it didn't work quite too well. Did you save that info as a batch file? I did, and ever after filing out the info in the miner (I downloaded the same one you used), it didn't come up.

remember
there are no "stupid" questions here !!! fire away and the community (as you can see) is happy to help ...>>

Example contents of a file named miner-dctpool.bat that was saved on the desktop. This also assumes you have extracted your sgminer folder to your desktop as well and it is named simply sgminer. This is a very very basic config not specifying any parameters to help speed up your GPU. I like to start with the basic's and then build from there.

Create file named miner-dctpool.bat and put in it the following. Start copying after the --- and stop before the next ---
---
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1

cd c:\users\miner01\desktop\sgminer\

sgminer.exe -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://mining.darkcointalk.org:3333 -u coingun.1 -p dct-rocks
---
Save this file and try and run it.

Are you still running Norton? I suggest turning it off. Replace with the Windows antivirus which is far less touchy.

Have you tried decreasing thread count or increasing lookup gap - TC and LG, as it suggests?

What GPU are you running?

There are some example configs here, although I don't know how up to date they are: https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=12cbm2fe8ce55abb2476daa0f8c576b442d40&mode=html

This helped a lot, however I'm now getting a HW of 11 with a H/s of 0. It also /just/ crashed, so any suggestions? http://prntscr.com/4zyjjy Just figured out how to find my graphic card, so this is it-- it's not listed on that site though, so should I just go with the config for a different device, maybe?

Are you still running Norton? I suggest turning it off. Replace with the Windows antivirus which is far less touchy.

Trust me mate, I've noticed how touchy it is. It's deleted all my mining files three or four tymes now, and it's really unfun having it block SGMinger.

Trust me mate, I've noticed how touchy it is. It's deleted all my mining files three or four tymes now, and it's really unfun having it block SGMinger.

Personally I'd uninstall Norton. It does nothing the default Windows antivirus does...and that's free.

Back