• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

If it hasn't been done already could we remove mint pal from our suggested trading platforms

r-ando

Foundation Member
Their website doesn't even load anymore… I do hope it comes back up for everybody!

they are upgrading their system, i know it is since forever but they will be back soon.
mintpal is still trading the biggest volume for DRK (i only trade there)
be patient , they will be back soon !

I really hope so…. I guess what I'm saying is that in the meantime maybe we should consider directing people to other venues, for the moment and until MintPal ensures this will not happen again… I'm happy I personally don't have any funds on there but I'm feeling for everyone who does and who doesn't have access to their money on a day of a 8% price decline… Most of those people are probably traders and their whole trading system was probably thrown out the window… Adding to this is the fact that the main DRK exchange has been down for consecutive days which is definitely concerning in my opinion (especially the one with the most volume… I'd also like to add that if the company has been sold for all intents and purposes this is a different company now with different management which obviously seems to have overassessed their own capacity to deliver on a timely basis… or perform as advertised)

Still down, I know they announced on twitter yesterday they were about halfway through migrating all the wallets....

they are migrating their stuff, no stress !
i never had any problems with them, in all the hack attacks customer service was really good and i never lost any funds there !!!

I really hope so…. I guess what I'm saying is that in the meantime maybe we should consider directing people to other venues, for the moment and until MintPal ensures this will not happen again… I'm happy I personally don't have any funds on there but I'm feeling for everyone who does and who doesn't have access to their money on a day of a 8% price decline… Most of those people are probably traders and their whole trading system was probably thrown out the window… Adding to this is the fact that the main DRK exchange has been down for consecutive days which is definitely concerning in my opinion (especially the one with the most volume… I'd also like to add that if the company has been sold for all intents and purposes this is a different company now with different management which obviously seems to have overassessed their own capacity to deliver on a timely basis… or perform as advertised)
I guess traders knew about this and withdrew their funds on time, but they definitely have overassessed their capabilities.

I've not heard about the migration and had just parked *all* my DRK (not recommended, but I had a reason to do it) there so I'm sort of sitting here going, um, guys, guys, come back, guys! I expect they will, but tense few days.

whowwww ... sh..t man !
but honestly in all the hacks and whatnot, they were always very good and straight with me !
I never had a problem there and i still believe everything is fine and they will be back soon !

Yep, I'm a fan of Mintpal so I'm not freaked and it is on my shoulders that I missed the announcement. Just bad timing as I wanted to sell and rebuy and so gain a few more coins as I expected the dip was coming. More I have missed a chance to do that, but I trust Mintpal a lot.

I guess traders knew about this and withdrew their funds on time, but they definitely have overassessed their capabilities.

I didn't know they were going down. I heard about an upgrade and might be down for 24 hours. Going on a WEEK now. Can you say Mt Gox2?
Im pissed because I have a LOT of drk held captive there that I am normally trading with. This is costing me a LOT of money!!!!!

Not happy.

I didn't know they were going down. I heard about an upgrade and might be down for 24 hours. Going on a WEEK now. Can you say Mt Gox2?
Im pissed because I have a LOT of drk held captive there that I am normally trading with. This is costing me a LOT of money!!!!!

Not happy.
A week already?!?! I don't usually trade so I wasn't very aware of how long it is taking them!

Going on a week soon… I hope things work out for you pbleak - As things stand this was the last update from mintpals new owners ''moolah'':

- 8 000 missing accounts out of supposedly 70 000 total accounts. (The 8000 accounts that had coins in them?)

-No funds are at risk, and we are actively looking in to why this has happened (if the accounts are missing and they are looking into it, how do they know no funds are missing?)

-We are going back and cloning the missing accounts back over. There is no pattern relating to these accounts, which is extremely odd. (I'm not sure how you clone something that is missing but I assume from the original backups, does this mean it will take them another week to go through their whole mitigation process again? If they do the same thing why will these missing accounts suddenly reappear?…on moolah twitter they announced today:We have now located the problem with the missing accounts which took many hours in the end and are resolving. - So did they also locate the accounts or just the problem… (They had already ''located'' the problem and were already supposed to be resolving it)

-The current theme is not the greatest, but it works. We will be replacing it with an enhanced frontend once all core issues are dealt with (however they also tweeted on moolah twitter account:We're hiring a UI designer. Interested? Email [email protected] with a portfolio. - Did they not announce they would focus on core issues first?)

-6 hours ago they announced:At the very least, you will be able to withdraw funds today - even if we have to keep the platform down. - however, yesterday they stated :If you need to make an urgent withdrawal while the site is still down, please email [email protected] with as much information as possible relating to the withdrawal. You will need to email from the address associated with your account. - (As far as I know no one who has sent their information to them has been restituted as of today) I would like to add how are they planning on allowing withdrawals from missing accounts?

- On twitter, Tequilavera Tan asked 3 hours ago: How can I withdraw my funds?

- 1 hour ago, moolah does not answer Tequilavera, but answers to the remark ''this smells too much like Mt. Gox'': We're taking our time to ensure a secure platform. We're not going to rush.

Ok so let me get this straight, they are taking their time (we already know that), they have not returned funds to people who have sent them detailed information by email as they requested (how detailed was that information?) And they are not going to rush to allow people to withdraw their funds(what does that mean, in a restaurant if someone messes up an order they usually put a rush on the replacement order…) I would also like to add that they announce that they will not charge fees until december (so all of a sudden, they have bought a company and are not concerned about how much money or how profitable the company will be in the last quarter). I didn't go through all the tweets because it would take a while but it seems obvious that although we can hope things turn out for the best, there is a definite possibility that this could degenerate both for customers and Moolah. Maybe the local authorities should be contacted (possibly anonymously) to put pressure on them just in case they are trying to pull a long con or scam (to make sure funds are recovered swiftly and are harder to hide, like when the police found most of Mt. Gox's missing bitcoins) and if they are back up soon at the very least we should reconsider which main exchange we recommend for trading DRK, after all this is no longer Mintpal and is now Moolah. And Moolah is ****, at least judging from past and present performance…. We really need an open bazaar style integration soon imo.

I don't want to seem alarmist here, but I think these people make very little sense so far. Always hoping for the best resolution….

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it seems I may have lost them all, but it is my own fault for not picking up on the news (ultimately theirs, of course, for messing up). Looking at twitter today I see a lot of confusion and people veering toward the thesis that they have properly screwed up.

I think we should encourage people to use Bittrex for now. No need to even remove Mintpal because you can't even get on it. Maybe a warning beside it when it comes back on.

relax relax ... nothing is lost ... do NOT listen to the news and rumors ... just wait a bit ..... :wink:

I think thats a fair and level headed assessment pbleak. Best of luck with your funds.

Back