• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Basilpop, the Dash subreddit moderator, does not have the temperament to be a moderator (PART 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bye bye iCEHOLE. Bye bye. You and your double standards. They truly extend well beyond the Dash technology. What a disgusting person one has to be to rationalize the behaviour of that obese pump and dumper who scammed his own community for personal gain, a repeated liar and ignoramus.

You are a genuinely hideous piece of crap. Nobody will miss you.

LOL, look who got triggered:

WsDfATm.png

Thanks for making this so easy.

For the record I only weigh 800 pounds and I prefer tacos over pizza.

Last edited:
You really don't give up until this account gets banned for circumventing a previous ban, do you, iCEHOLE?

Look at his "citations". The first one is rated at 9 points with 66% and has hardly any activity. Literally nobody cared about me shadowbanning a PIVX shill. So much for "ruining" the subreddit. What a facepalm.

Oh the next thread is just amazing. He literally quotes a Dash hating Monero troll and the troll even bashes Dash directly in the title. Idiotic iCEHOLE here doesn't even have the shame to hide the title. Notice how this thread also has hardly any activity and the handful of upvotes it received are from XMR-spambots that auto-upvote any pro-Monero/anti-Dash content on r/cryptocurrency. Another facepalm right there.

Third thread? Geez kiddo, you really are desperate. Last straw to grasp for before final permaban?

Quoting a thread that merely talks about the subreddit "underperforming" as evidence that the subreddit is "underperforming". Circular reasoning is defined as being circular in reasoning. Third facepalm.

I'm not the face of Dash, but thank Duff a proven asshole troll like you will never be. You're the Hillary of this community. Do you realize that? People would drink acid before taking your advice.

EDIT: Just for the record and posterity: "MikeBam" and "randomalbum" are the same person.

Last edited:
In conclusion, the OP was shown to be correct in his assertion that "Basilpop does not have the temperament to be a moderator."

In conclusion, you are re-iterating what was already known which is that more mods and new policies are in the pipeline.

The problem is that Dash's pipeline is notorious for lengthy, unexplained delays and we needed a solution to the Basilpop problem years ago.

@Dashcoiner it is completely fallacious to use reddit sub count in that manner. Look at the size of IOTA's chat channel and compare it to Dash's chat, is it because our chat is toxic? Tao of Satoshi must be a sadistic moderator?

If you think things are progressing too slowly then put in a proposal. Continuing to stomp your feet will not accomplish anything.

PS. if you think basilpop is the "face of dash" because he is a subreddit mod, you might want to re-think that. Also, Amanda is not working for Dash in an official capacity right now.

Last edited:
I believe you are being intentionally obtuse in your refusal to acknowledge underperformance of Dash subreddit growth metrics relative to its peer group of other crypto subreddits.

Why are you babbling about obscure chat channels which are in no way relevant to Reddit's incomparably vast (crypto) audience? Is it because you are keen to invalidate data showing /r/dashpay has been languishing far behind much newer subs (EG Cardano)?

I am merely pointing out that there is more than one online social community, they both show the same trends in terms of user count, and only one of them has basilpop's "reign of terror". Logically, basilpop is not the variable accounting for the difference.

My God, you are so eager to shut down this discussion with your bitchy, negative "put it in a proposal" and "stomp your feet" comments. At least this thread hasn't been locked for no good reason; perhaps there are other Dash power players who are also sick of Basilpop's sabotage but afraid to speak out...

When you continue to repeat the same thing over and over again without gaining any additional traction, I think "stomping your feet" is an accurate description -- and putting in a proposal is a completely reasonable thing to suggest when you are unsatisfied with the status quo.

If only DASH development were so hotly discussed and documented...

Oh, right... It's hard to discuss things that don't exist. So this petty nonsense is where the effort goes...

Grow up, children. Your coin is going down the shitter. Might wanna tend to that...

If only DASH development were so hotly discussed and documented...

Oh, right... It's hard to discuss things that don't exist. So this petty nonsense is where the effort goes...

Grow up, children. Your coin is going down the shitter. Might wanna tend to that...

That's odd, we just heard in Cryt0's interview with Ryan that the Evolution back-end is up and running. I fully expect Evo release this year.

Someone create a post on /r/dashpay linking to this forum post. It won't violate any of the 10 rules.

Dash subreddit moderator Basilpop caught insulting hundreds of users.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...t-to-be-a-moderator-part-2.37699/#post-186107

The community there deserves to know what's going and they might have a solution for this that does not involve locking threads, policing language and tone, putting people on "time out" or doing absolutely nothing.

I am merely pointing out that there is more than one online social community, they both show the same trends in terms of user count, and only one of them has basilpop's "reign of terror". Logically, basilpop is not the variable accounting for the difference.

When you continue to repeat the same thing over and over again without gaining any additional traction, I think "stomping your feet" is an accurate description -- and putting in a proposal is a completely reasonable thing to suggest when you are unsatisfied with the status quo.

dashcoiner
the new icebreaker finally banned for spamming us to death with all kind of stupidity

@randomalbum
as i are still rambling on about the same thing
the cooling off seems not to work on you , and so u stay in cooling off

dashcoiner
the new icebreaker finally banned for spamming us to death with all kind of stupidity

@randomalbum
as i are still rambling on about the same thing
the cooling off seems not to work on you , and so u stay in cooling off

To his credit, @randomalbum did wait 4 days since his most recent post (after having been asked to be patient) before asking again today about his ban. My recommendation is to give him another chance on the sub (either now, or if not now then at least inform him how much longer we are asking him to wait), acknowledging that both sides over-reacted at the time or in the immediate aftermath.

To his credit, @randomalbum did wait 4 days since his most recent post (after having been asked to be patient) before asking again today about his ban. My recommendation is to give him another chance on the sub (either now, or if not now then at least inform him how much longer we are asking him to wait), acknowledging that both sides over-reacted at the time or in the immediate aftermath.

ok laaaa
unbanned
fingers crossed ;)

@tungfa,

Did you just banned Dashcoiner for SPAM? SPAM??? He wasn't advertising anything, he was arguing his point of view, quite effectively. You not only banned him but removed every single message he ever posted, so no one can see that he was not spamming at all. OH MY GOD!!

@TroyDASH how much more evidence do you need now? This crossed the threshold in any acceptable level.

Last edited:
@tungfa,

Did you just banned Dashcoiner for SPAM? SPAM??? He wasn't advertising anything, he was arguing his point of view, quite effectively. You not only banned him but removed every single message he ever posted, so no one can see that he was not spamming at all. OH MY GOD!!

@TroyDASH how much more evidence do you need now? This crossed the threshold in any acceptable level.

What some people view as censorship, others view as moderation. I think it is important to allow all sides to be heard, but there is also merit when a moderator tries to keep a topic from getting derailed with unnecessary provocations.

He deleted all the messages Dashcoiner has ever posted!!! Because of what? What about warnings? What about this "cooling off" period that you apply to Macrochip but don't apply to anyone else? You didn't have to ban the guy and remove all his messages, this is CENSORSHIP!

OH MY GOD! The hypocrisy and double standard!!!

He had a time out, and the new rules are being applied equally to mods and users alike. If you have specific examples I will go look at them.

@The_Howey_Test I am now a moderator on the Dashpay subreddit, and I will begin to evaluate the state of moderation there. There are simple, clear rules that will apply to moderators and participants. The rules listing is here:

http://www.dashnation.com/get-involved/dash-forums-rules-and-expectations/

Please understand the sensitivity of this issue, as Basilpop, whether or not it is wrong or right, is used to taking a certain type of tone on that sub which will no longer be allowed. Bear in mind, however, that I can't change things instantly, I don't have the authority to remove anyone from their positions. But, over time I will definitely be enforcing these above rules for everyone, including my fellow moderators. I have been mandated by the Dash network to do so. If you have any other concerns with any postings in r/Dashpay, please bring it to my attention.

BTW, what was wrong with the old rules that you could not apply them equally or enforce them in a way that stopped sadistic, domineering Basilpop from participating and abusing mod powers?

There was nothing necessarily wrong with the old rules, but it was requested numerous times to have the rules reviewed and updated, which is why they are being reviewed and updated. This is especially to make the user experience more consistent among our different engagement platforms. Additionally, previously there was very little or no oversight or collaboration. It's not like there was a formal team established. However that seems to be the direction we are heading in, and the network has voted to enlist Tao to help in this effort, which I very much appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back