• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 issues, bugs & feature requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
****** PLEASE UPDATE TO v9.12.32 (Stable) OR 10.12.32 (RC) *******

Due to the upgrade to a larger keypool in RC4, some users have reported slow client / lockups and in rare cases data corruption.
This only effects encrypted wallets and we have not seen this issue on freshly made wallets with the new keypool size at all.
If you're running RC4 with an encrypted wallet please migrate your funds to a new wallet running 10.12.32.
This doesn't effect the stable client at all (v0.9).

BIP32 (deterministic wallets based on seed phrases) would be really nice in this case because as long as you have the phrase,
restoring every possible key is as simple as restoring the wallet from the seed phrase.

This update is not mandatory for masternode operators

- Added a darksend overview box showing some generic information
- Display n/a in coincontrol for negative numbers
- force users to update to wallet version 60001 when they have an encrypted wallet

CI-builds updated in OP

Vanity addresses are a favorite for beginners. :tongue: Can a wallet allow this feature?
Wallets come with about 90ish addresses hidden until asked for.

Could we ever make a vanity paper wallet and load the address on to your wallet?
Thanks, not trying to make the process more difficult. :oops:

CI-builds updated in OP

flare, I have win wallet v.31 installed. Now I can just download and install v.32 and then run my wallet.dat using v.32, right? I don't have to create a new wallet.dat with v.32, correct? Thank you.

flare, I have win wallet v.31 installed. Now I can just download and install v.32 and then run my wallet.dat using v.32, right? I don't have to create a new wallet.dat with v.32, correct? Thank you.
Internal version number of wallet has changed (60001), so 0.10.12.32 will deny to start old encrypted wallet.dat.

You will need to create a new wallet.dat and migrate your coins/privkeys.

Internal version number of wallet has changed (60001), so 0.10.12.32 will deny to start old encrypted wallet.dat.

Hi Flare,

Another question: If I have a wallet.dat that was run on old windows v10.11.5 or v10.11.6, now if I install stable v.9.12.32, do I also have to migrate my wallet.dat, or can I just run v.9.12.32 with that old wallet.dat? Thank you.

I get the warning:
Warning: There is an incompatibility in the new RC4+ wallet due to the larger keypool.It only effects encrypted wallets, but can cause a loss of data in rare situations. Please create a new wallet and move the funds from this wallet.

... but it loads the v31 wallet anyway. Is this as it should be?

Still playing with splitting and denomination... Got another strange behavior here:
Options: 2 rounds, 1000 DRK to keep anonymized
Sent 1000.00000009 to fresh wallet.
And that's how it splits
WBsdb40.png

elbereth could you check why 122695 and 122693 are missing in your stats?

View attachment 376

When the blocks are too near (below 1min between them), the way I use to retrieve data will skip block templates (it is a cron every minute).
The block page uses blocknotify and should not suffer from the same defect, I have yet to use that method to also grab block templates.

I get the warning:
Warning: There is an incompatibility in the new RC4+ wallet due to the larger keypool.It only effects encrypted wallets, but can cause a loss of data in rare situations. Please create a new wallet and move the funds from this wallet.

... but it loads the v31 wallet anyway. Is this as it should be?

Looked up the code fragment, and yes: That's the way it's working: If you have

a) old wallet which is
b) encrypted

you will get a warning and Darksend gets disabled. Butthe wallet will still load the wallet.dat. Sorry for being unprecise on this :)

Code:
    if (!fDisableWallet) {
        int walletVersion = pwalletMain->GetVersion();

if(walletVersion < 60001){
            if(pwalletMain->IsCrypted()){
                InitWarning(_("Warning: There is an incompatibility in the new RC4+ wallet due to the larger keypool."
                                    "It only effects encrypted wallets, but can cause a loss of data in rare situations. "
                                    "Please create a new wallet and move the funds from this wallet."));
                fDisableDarksend = true;
            }
        }
    }

I found a bug with the new v32. Actually, it seems like a similar problem to what Camo was having on BTCtalk where the wallet hangs when splitting up funds and thus never denominates. This was on Windows 8 x64. I hope this gets fixed. :smile:

Posted on Jira for the first time:
http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-35

Here is a copy of the summary on Jira for ease of access(pics of coin control and overview can be found on Jira):

Moved my coins to 1 address on a fresh wallet.dat to avoid the cpu bug with old encrypted wallets and RC4.
I then encrypted the new wallet.
After downloading the blockchain the wallet prompted me for my password which I input.
I then soon got a "payment to myself" but it was 0.00 rather than 0.001 (not sure if this is a problem)
Waited, but my coins didn't split up.
Debug log reports split up success, but looking at coin control shows this is not the case.
In total it has been about 2 hours and the coins still have not split. Restarting the wallet or re-downloading the blockchain doesn’t help.
It seems stuck, like it thinks the split worked and thus is trying to darksend the 326.XXXX amount which is obviously not compatible with other inputs (50, 100, etc). Also it never tries to split up money again.

Debug can be found at the link since Jira won't let me upload it.:confused:
Debug.log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BznoXlKqUVrPNnJRVVpTWlRpT0E/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks. Btw, it has now been about 4 hours and the coins have STILL not split up.

Edit: After about 6 hours(and 3-4 wallet restarts) it finally started. Still seems like a bug to me as that seems like a bit much to chalk up to network conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get a error message? Upload is limited to 10M, but that shouldn't be a issue here...

Yeah, it was about a 4mb file, but it kept giving me "unknown server error (413)". Smaller files like the pictures worked just fine. I am out in Asia... so maybe the distance to the server and larger file size weren't playing nice.

Yeah, it was about a 4mb file, but it kept giving me "unknown server error (413)". Smaller files like the pictures worked just fine. I am out in Asia... so maybe the distance to the server and larger file size weren't playing nice.
No, the problem is on my side

Code:
2014/08/22 15:13:23 [error] 7537#0: *1374747 client intended to send too large body: 5731476 bytes, client: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, server: jira.darkcoin.qa, request: "POST /rest/internal/1.0/AttachTemporaryFile?filename=debug1.log&size=5731476&projectId=10000 HTTP/1.1", host: "jira.darkcoin.qa", referrer: "http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-34?jql="

I will need to increase the allowed body size on the frontend proxy :)

Same issue Blocks:

I went back and looked at the history of my 2 MN and see this pattern often.
Indeed my MNs had the same example.

08/22 15:20:31 123342
08/22 15:17:44 123340
08/22 12:40:33 123276
08/22 12:30:13 123274
-------------------------------------------
No, the problem is on my side

Code:
2014/08/22 15:13:23 [error] 7537#0: *1374747 client intended to send too large body: 5731476 bytes, client: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, server: jira.darkcoin.qa, request: "POST /rest/internal/1.0/AttachTemporaryFile?filename=debug1.log&size=5731476&projectId=10000 HTTP/1.1", host: "jira.darkcoin.qa", referrer: "http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-34?jql="

I will need to increase the allowed body size on the frontend proxy :)

Flare, so the problem solved?

Just installed windows wallet v.10.12.32 and it crashed on the first run. Before installing this version I deleted the old Darkcoin folder with everything in it. I also deleted Darkcoin folder in the registry, just wanted to make a fresh clean version to see how it works. After it crashed, I started it again then it's okay, syncing now. Here's the message for the crash:

upload_2014-8-23_12-25-19.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back