• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New Forum Design

fernando

Powered by Dash
Foundation Member
Please post feedback about the need design here. I've been reading some comments in different places and that will make it more difficult for Propulsion to get it.

My opinion:

It is nice that the forum is more similar to the other properties. I really liked the previous design, but some unification was needed.

I like that it is faster. At least that is my perception.

I would reduce the header size. The logo and the graphic part take around 25-30% of my screen (14" laptop).

Not sure about the black background and footer. I love black, but if we are going white and blue I think that a third color is too much.

I like the new look as well, but for me the header is to large too. And the wording should be "privacy" if i got eltito right.

And i really, really miss the "new posts" button...

I like the new look as well, but for me the header is to large too. And the wording should be "privacy" if i got eltito right.

Ok, So replace the word "anonymous" with the word "private" So a "Private Digital Currency" under Darkcoin. Simple enough.

fernando, thanks for starting this thread. It does make it easier for me to keep track of everything.

I miss the last updated too. Previously I was able to look through the forum and see 'last update 12/09/2014 (5 minutes ago)

it's hard to see current page in pagination - background color is almost the same as for every other page number

I want to start slowly transitioning to the "privacy" concept vs. anonymity. No need to scrub the whole site, but changing that one would be cool. I don't remember who rendered that graphic, raze maybe? Or did that come from the original designer? I'll have to go back and read.

I'm on mobile at the moment do I can't speak to the header. It didn't jump out at me this morning on a PC but I'll take another look.

Funny, one if the first bits of feedback I got was "where'd the New posts button go??". I never used it before so I didn't notice. Apparently it was popular. Its in the dropdown now, not hard to find, but if it's used that much maybe there's another spot for it?

Funny, one if the first bits of feedback I got was "where'd the New posts button go??". I never used it before so I didn't notice. Apparently it was popular. Its in the dropdown now, not hard to find, but if it's used that much maybe there's another spot for it?
Propulsion already put the button back :)

For myself i marked all forums as read, and with using "new posts" i can keep track of every movement in the forum - so the "new posts" page is more or less my homepage :)

Only issue I've noticed is that sometimes a page never finishes loading in Firefox, the thingy in the tab keeps spinning and bottom left it's reporting 'Looking up ssl.google-analytics.com...' indefinitely.

I know that's a luxury problem, but it seems the maximum width of the forums' main area is limited to 1440px - with my primary display i get black bars on the left and right, which make up a very hard contrast for my eyes.

upload_2014-8-12_18-58-14.png

For posts with many pages, it would be better if the page numbers at the bottom were more distinct (current page vs the rest).

It's trivial I know but the search icon is also white - so when reading posts it's almost impossible to see it. I don't use it but just noticed the white on white and thought it's better logged.

I know that's a luxury problem, but it seems the maximum width of the forums' main area is limited to 1440px - with my primary display i get black bars on the left and right, which make up a very hard contrast for my eyes.

View attachment 352

Please dont increase the maximum width, this would make readin very hard on my 28"

I noticed that there are some wrong colors (green) left in the theme

Post reply:

upload_2014-8-12_22-48-10.png

Thumbnail of image uploads:

upload_2014-8-12_22-48-35.png

Search:

upload_2014-8-12_22-47-31.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-8-12_22-46-55.png
    upload_2014-8-12_22-46-55.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 102
In the footer:

"Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet." - This really needs to be reworded into something comprehensible, maybe, "Transactions are impossible for third parties to trace, only the sender and receiver know about them," or something.

In the new mobile theme I can't see my alerts or find my inbox easily. I need to click on my user name, then my profile is displayed as it is when you hover over your name in the full website. Then I need to click in 'conversations' or 'alerts' to get them in a new screen. I can't check now because it is not accessible any more, but I would swear that in the old one I had direct access to the inbox and alerts from the menu bar, as in the full website.

Back