• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash hot wallet and General Bytes ATM

thesavoyard

Hello, I'm trying to get ready to deploy my ATMs. Unfortunately, Dash is still not supported on 2-way operations. It can't even be purchased directly from an exchange. I need to set up a hot wallet to sell Dash from. Despite all the fanfare when GB launched Dash, it still isn't well supported. Are there any ATM operators on here that know of a supported wallet?

They provide a list of supported hot wallets, and it doesn't look like any of these support Dash. Here's the list of hot wallets they support.

Block.io Yes
Uphold.com Yes
Coinbase.com Yes
Bitcoind/Bitcoin Core Yes
Litecoind Yes
Dogecoind Yes
Bitcore Yes
Coin.cz Yes

Last edited:
Preliminary vending of Dash via the ATM has been supported since 2017-02. The current setup requires a dash core wallet to communicate to. A proposal has been passed to add two-way support, instantsend and add Dash to the point of sale terminals. This will also support direct buy / sell to / from exchange functionality. For support related issues it is best to send your questions to [email protected]. Once received, Tomas or Martin will assign a ticket number so no support cases are left unanswered. We are unable to monitor FB, Twitter, Dash forum for support related issues (at this time)

Thank you for the reply, Sorry about the little frustration vent there; I removed it. I'm happy to hear about the Dash support. Any chance of linking an exchange like Bitpanda that supports Dash to Euros?

Hello, I'm trying to get ready to deploy my ATMs. Unfortunately, Dash is still not supported on 2-way operations. It can't even be purchased directly from an exchange. I need to set up a hot wallet to sell Dash from. Despite all the fanfare when GB launched Dash, it still isn't well supported. Are there any ATM operators on here that know of a supported wallet?

They provide a list of supported hot wallets, and it doesn't look like any of these support Dash. Here's the list of hot wallets they support.

Block.io Yes
Uphold.com Yes
Coinbase.com Yes
Bitcoind/Bitcoin Core Yes
Litecoind Yes
Dogecoind Yes
Bitcore Yes
Coin.cz Yes

How many ATM's are you deploying, when, and where? I'm currently making a map for all Dash ATM's, would love to add yours once deployed.

How many ATM's are you deploying, when, and where? I'm currently making a map for all Dash ATM's, would love to add yours once deployed.

We have three ATMs on the calendar in the next few months. We are past due to deploy (we're paying the lease already) but we're waiting for the machines to arrive. There were some delays due to the Dutch customs office not activating our VAT number in a timely manner. A week of phone calls worked it out.

The first two ATMs have been ordered and will be in Amstelveen at the Stadshart shopping center. The second is Almere and it's in the City Center shopping, in the Food Passage area next to the supermarkets, cheese store, fish store, wine store, and beer store. We expect to have them up and running by next week. The third, we have a deal with the Stadshart shopping center in Zoetermeer, near Den Haag. We do not have an exact date for that, we need to iron out the bugs on the first two. We expect between mid-December and February. We also have plans for at least two more in the Netherlands, but we haven't started the negotiations for the placement yet.

We have three ATMs on the calendar in the next few months. We are past due to deploy (we're paying the lease already) but we're waiting for the machines to arrive. There were some delays due to the Dutch customs office not activating our VAT number in a timely manner. A week of phone calls worked it out.

The first two ATMs have been ordered and will be in Amstelveen at the Stadshart shopping center. The second is Almere and it's in the City Center shopping, in the Food Passage area next to the supermarkets, cheese store, fish store, wine store, and beer store. We expect to have them up and running by next week. The third, we have a deal with the Stadshart shopping center in Zoetermeer, near Den Haag. We do not have an exact date for that, we need to iron out the bugs on the first two. We expect between mid-December and February. We also have plans for at least two more in the Netherlands, but we haven't started the negotiations for the placement yet.

Awesome, keep us updated.

We just purchased a General Bytes BATM2 and would like to configure the dashd wallet to sell DASH from it.
The problem we have now is that there are no instructions on how to go about configuring the General Bytes server program to sell DASH.
Has anybody in this forum have any experience in configuring the GB software for DASH?
The system runs on Ubuntu 16 with no GUI
Any ideas or links to some instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

We just purchased a General Bytes BATM2 and would like to configure the dashd wallet to sell DASH from it.
The problem we have now is that there are no instructions on how to go about configuring the General Bytes server program to sell DASH. Any ideas or links to some instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Please have a look at our youtube channel: www.youtube.com/c/generalbytes/videos it will explain you how to unbox, install and configure your ATM for several cryptocurrenies. If you have problems configuring, please contact [email protected] I hope you will understand that due to technical limitations we are unable to monitor twitter / facebook chat / bitcointalk and dash forum for support calls.

The problem we have now is that there are no instructions on how to go about configuring the General Bytes server program to sell DASH.
Has anybody in this forum have any experience in configuring the GB software for DASH?
The system runs on Ubuntu 16 with no GUI
Any ideas or links to some instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I haven't gotten to adding Dash yet since there is no real guide. I've been working for 3 weeks straight trying to get these machines operational. I will start on the Dash wallet tomorrow and keep you updated if I figure it out.

thesavoyard & generalbytes,

Thanks for your answers.

I will take a look at the videos mentioned.

I have been told by General Bytes support staff that I need to configure the parameters in this manner:
Code:
protocol:user:password:host:port:accountname

But I'm clueless on what the correct values for these variables should be.... Any ideas, or a real example could help me understand these fields ;)

Thanks and regards,

Rodrigo

I haven't gotten to adding Dash yet since there is no real guide. I've been working for 3 weeks straight trying to get these machines operational. I will start on the Dash wallet tomorrow and keep you updated if I figure it out.

Yeah, it really isn't clear. There is no video guide on setting it up, ignore the canned response above. There's only how to buy Dash. I'm trying to figure it out now, can anyone from that code? How do we get a protocol, user, password, host, port and account name from a core wallet?

Seems to me GB has made a show of supporting Dash but not enough effort. Good thing we have another manufacturer on the way... More to come.

Yeah, it really isn't clear. There is no video guide on setting it up, ignore the canned response above. There's only how to buy Dash. I'm trying to figure it out now, can anyone from that code? How do we get a protocol, user, password, host, port and account name from a core wallet?

Seems to me GB has made a show of supporting Dash but not enough effort. Good thing we have another manufacturer on the way... More to come.

This is a good point they didn't make it extremely apparent, mainly I think the majority of their customers don't care about DASH and use the hosted solution so this is not required of most of the user base but some of us trying to get this working on our own. I will break it down for you here.

protocol:rpcusername:rpcpassword:127.0.0.1:9998:AccountName

protocol refers to the rpc protocol which is using http
rpcusername is the rpcusername in the dash.conf file
rpcpassword is the rpcpassword in the dash.conf file
127.0.0.1 is the internal loop back so the command is applied to the CAS server itself
9998 is the default port for rpc protocol
AccountName can be a DASH address or account name using dash-cli command getnewaddress

So an example would be ie http:Radmin:myextrastr0ngpassw0rd:127.0.0.1:9998:Xbon36F261wXDL4p1CEZAX28t8U4ayR9uu

I hope this helps you and others understand what CryptoDiggers used to build this code for General Bytes to support DASH, if you can't get it setup from this I am sure we could arrange a skype call or something

So hard to get verified on Kraken, almost as hard as installing the Dashd wallet on Linux ;)

The site is dysfunctional, tier 3 just doesn't load.

Does anyone know how to get a Kraken withdrawal key? I have the API key and the private key but there is no withdrawal key.

This is a good point they didn't make it extremely apparent, mainly I think the majority of their customers don't care about DASH and use the hosted solution so this is not required of most of the user base but some of us trying to get this working on our own. I will break it down for you here.

protocol:rpcusername:rpcpassword:127.0.0.1:9998:AccountName

protocol refers to the rpc protocol which is using http
rpcusername is the rpcusername in the dash.conf file
rpcpassword is the rpcpassword in the dash.conf file
127.0.0.1 is the internal loop back so the command is applied to the CAS server itself
9998 is the default port for rpc protocol
AccountName can be a DASH address or account name using dash-cli command getnewaddress

So an example would be ie http:Radmin:myextrastr0ngpassw0rd:127.0.0.1:9998:Xbon36F261wXDL4p1CEZAX28t8U4ayR9uu

I hope this helps you and others understand what CryptoDiggers used to build this code for General Bytes to support DASH, if you can't get it setup from this I am sure we could arrange a skype call or something

No luck :(
I tried the above string with our own parameters and it keeps on returning:

Hot Wallet Buy test FAILED. Cannot obtain wallet's balance or address. Invalid parameters?

Is there anything else that needs to be done?
Dash wallet is running on server just fine

Thanks and regards,

So does the wallet have to be unlocked? I'm assuming yes for the API to work.

Also, when setting the rpc user and pass in the config file, I assume I remove the #?

# You must set rpcuser and rpcpassword to secure the JSON-RPC api
#rpcuser=Ulysseys
#rpcpassword=YourSuperGreatPasswordNumber_DO_NOT_USE_THIS_OR_YOU_WILL_GET_ROBBED_385593

Last edited:
maybe you can paste your string here but obfuscate or change the rpc user and password afterwards...? there are no # in my example so don't add that anywhere... also hot wallet should not be locked or encrypted in linux backend server also hot wallet needs to be in the same server as the CAS that you run, not the GeneralBytes hosted CAS solution.

Last edited:
Back