• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

A warning about General Bytes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, I'm speaking to some slot machine repair people to reprogram or replace the cash recyclers. I've also initiated a lawsuit against General Bytes.

I also think the Masternodes should reconsider giving GB a large sum of money. Since it is held in escrow, maybe we should contact other operators and see if this behavior is widespread.

Last edited:
Lets be honest General Bytes is busy with the crypto surge everyone has been having. But this might be a good time for @generalbytes to give us an update on the DASH as first class citizen project. The mix up in shipping is an unexpected human error and delay I know but at least GB is offering a refund. I hope they can straighten things out for you.

Last edited:
Lets be honest General Bytes is busy with the crypto surge everyone has been having. But this might be a good time for @generalbytes to give us an update on the DASH as first class citizen project. The mix up in shipping is an unexpected human error and delay I know but at least GB is offering a refund. I hope they can straighten things out for you.

They are trying to force me to a refund instead of fixing the ATMs. They have a contractual obligation to fix the defects but they aren't willing to fulfill it. BGST is trying to return his ATMs but they won't let him. The only reason they want to return mine is that I took the advice of the original Bitcoin Embassy in Amsterdam. He stated that they would only act if I brought my case to public forums. EU law requires a 2-year warranty against defects and malfunction for all electronics. They are a B2B company, when they do not act, they cost their clients money.

Their liabilities are mounting rapidly. We're discussing whether a class action is the best way to go. BGST contacted a Swiss operator and his machines are down as well. Like I said, I suggest the Masternodes re-evaluate whether they are worth a large sum of money.

It appears the problem might be widespread. I'm reaching out to operators to find out how badly. It wasn't a simple mix up of shipping, these machines were never quality tested. I think you can go through my past posts when we discussed getting GB to add 2 way Dash function. I talked about our meeting in Amsterdam where Martijn called Dash a "shitcoin."

Last edited:
Also, I waited 3 months for these machines. I have a lease contract and I cannot remove them. Trying to force me to return them is just more GB bullsh*t. They have been in breach since October 25th, but think they can operate with impunity. They are unreliable, unprofessional, and greedy.

Obviously I don't know enough about this and it's not for me to tell you what to do.. but just my two cents worth, I would avoid the legal path and all the fighting, it's too expensive with personal unnecessary stress. You need to decide whether or not you want to stay with GB or not. If you want to stick with them, make your peace and accept their refunds etc. Otherwise, accept their refund and switch to someone else. Really, all those legal fees and stuff, way too unproductive. I realize you feel the need for class action etc, but keeping your principles can have a very high cost!

Obviously I don't know enough about this and it's not for me to tell you what to do.. but just my two cents worth, I would avoid the legal path and all the fighting, it's too expensive with personal unnecessary stress. You need to decide whether or not you want to stay with GB or not. If you want to stick with them, make your peace and accept their refunds etc. Otherwise, accept their refund and switch to someone else. Really, all those legal fees and stuff, way too unproductive. I realize you feel the need for class action etc, but keeping your principles can have a very high cost!

I appreciate the advice, but we've lost 3,000 euros in rent, 1,000 in repairs and moving fees and probably quite a bit more in lost revenue. If we remove the machines, we get fined 100 euros per day. That's until we can get a replacement, which would take about 60 days. I bought the machines from them, they have a legal obligation to keep them malfunction free for 2 years. They think they can walk away from that obligation, or, pay me what I paid for the machines? It doesn't compensate for what their negligence has cost me. They are still legally liable for those machines, like it or not. I'm not too worried about the cost of a class action lawsuit since so many of their machines are malfunctioning, the costs will be spread out among all the participants.

It isn't about principle. It's about financial damage. I gave them a month to get things in order, they chose not to fulfill their obligations, they won't be released from them.

It appears the problem might be widespread. I'm reaching out to operators to find out how badly. It wasn't a simple mix up of shipping, these machines were never quality tested. I think you can go through my past posts when we discussed getting GB to add 2 way Dash function. I talked about our meeting in Amsterdam where Martijn called Dash a "shitcoin."

Please do expand on this, shouldn't we be about half way into the project for general bytes integrating DASH? are there some milestones setup? Who is Martijn and does he think all of the alt-bitcoins are shitcoins?

Please do expand on this, shouldn't we be about half way into the project for general bytes integrating DASH? are there some milestones setup? Who is Martijn and does he think all of the alt-bitcoins are shitcoins?

Martijn is the marketing director and co-founder of General Bytes. We met in May of this year in Amsterdam to discuss the business. He also founded an alternative Bitcoin Embassy. He was the co-founder of the original but according to his former partner, they had a falling out and Martijn founded another with the exact same name.

During our conversation, I expressed concern about Bitcoin slow block time and double spend risk. I told him we're offering lower fees for Dash users and he seemed to take it badly.

Edit: You can see him in the interview Amanda B. Johnson did, also the 2015 BBC documentary on Bitcoin mining. He has an NFC chip implanted in his hand he talks about on there and to everyone.

Last edited:
You say you initiated a lawsuit? What are the details on this?
I think the budget should be paying for this lawsuit. Dash should make an example of people who defraud us.
agreed? Start a pre-proposal if so.

If dash is clearly in the right here, this would be great PR to sue and burn dash with the proceeds.
(If not,its terrible PR.)

I can't say if they're genuinely implementing Dash. I'd rather not involve Dash beyond a warning to the community to be honest. Right now it is just between them and their operators, if that changes and they do burn Dash I'd be happy to help.

I'm glad a just did this search. I was getting ready to purchase from them and have run into issues before ever completing the contract.
1. website says free international shipping, then the contract stipulates you must pay for it.
2. I was ready to purchase and pay for this on the day I sent the purchase request almost 2 weeks ago. Then 4 days to get the purchase contract which required me to download some app on my phone that wouldn't work. 8 more days for them to get a new contract to me. (then see #1 above)
I just email them asking about it and was wondering if it would take them another week to respond :-( Fortunately I saw this and some other negative posts and will now look elsewhere

EDIT: also they assured me this machine would work with BTC/DASH and USD/CRC currency. After reading the above, this appears to be a knowingly false statement.

Last edited:
General bytes is about to receive treasury funding to contract two devs to add dash functionality into their terminals, even though they have been demonstratively unreliable?
Why go with general bytes? Are they really the only counterparty possible?
This is pretty embarrassing if this proposal passes as-is.

General bytes is about to receive treasury funding to contract two devs to add dash functionality into their terminals, even though they have been demonstratively unreliable?
Why go with general bytes? Are they really the only counterparty possible?
This is pretty embarrassing if this proposal passes as-is.

I actually have a very good manufacturer on board. I can't reveal too much now but I will be speaking with core team members and I will pass on what we discussed. Other manufacturers have been very interested, but this particular one seems very competent and dynamic.

Even Genesis coins said they will develop custom software by contract, there's nothing stopping members of Dash from having custom ATM software made for Dash machines.

Hi, I 'm newbie here, and like CyberNerd I am searching for ATM producer, I think that is an good moment for this business.
Please thesavoyard, when it be possible for you, could tell us your experience with the new manufacturer? This is for Spain and will thank you very much!!

See you ;)

Hello Jose.

We are still in negotiations with Coin Outlet to integrate Dash. I've had a discussion with Jane and the CEO Eric Grill. They have estimated Dash can be integrated by March. Since they don't want to do a proposal, we've agreed to include their cost in our proposal and have the escrow pay directly to them.

I have spoken with other manufacturers like Genesis coin. They stated they are interested in Dash, but have no immediate plans to integrate it. They did say they are willing to do custom software on contract. I'd really like to see someone in the community take initiative and do a proposal for that. Get the Dash for Genesis coin and hire them to create Dash enabled software. Then make that OS available to all Genesis ATM owners. It can probably be handled as an update if you pay them to do it that way. That will give Dash access to the largest ATM manufacturer within months.

Due to the scope of our project, we can't run proposals for every potential manufacturer. But they have all taken notice of Dash, if someone wants to run that program we'd be more than happy to provide our input. I suggest either approaching the Dash team for escrow or using a law firm to distribute funds.

Thanks again thesavoyard!
And about ATM manufacturer (for general purposes), do you think that Genesis' ATM is the best? do you recomend us another? Thks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back