Not open for further replies.

thesavoyard

Mar 15, 2017
Amsterdam
www.disaf.eu
Dash Address
Xp8WZRv9Papo21ySQE8ghtQDUxN6qoKzS6
Hi Savoyard,

We're currently researching DASH ATMs for our proposal––DASH as Title Sponsor and 'Official Payment Partner' of the 2018 San Francisco Marathon.

We plan to install a machine at the Race Expo and elsewhere to show real-world adoption. We read the thread, but wonder which supplier you now recommend if not GB?

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...title-sponsor-official-payment-partner.28738/

Thank you.
Hello Household Name,

Currently, the only other ATM manufacturer that supports Dash is Lamassu. Their machines seem over-priced and aren't aesthetically our favorite but they may be functional. There may be a fairly easy solution to this. We're working on long-term solutions that will expand the community's ability to control what coins and exchange they use. At the same time, provide strong competition that can put bad actors out of business. That project is more long-term though. We now have information on how many ATMs are "produced" and we think we can come up with a solution.

Currently, Dash does not function at all on our machines. Kraken API never worked but hotwallet buy and sell did. I paid SilentLennie to install and fix the wallet on our server, but the "Dash update" from General Bytes made it non-functional.

Reactions: Household Name®

thesavoyard

Mar 15, 2017
Amsterdam
www.disaf.eu
Dash Address
Xp8WZRv9Papo21ySQE8ghtQDUxN6qoKzS6
Currently zero General Bytes 2-way ATMs support Dash according to CoinATMRadar. General Bytes is lying and scamming Dash. The hotwallet was broken by their Dash update and Kraken API still doesn't work.

It's ok though, they won't survive the real competition.

Hello Household Name,

Currently, the only other ATM manufacturer that supports Dash is Lamassu. Their machines seem over-priced and aren't aesthetically our favorite but they may be functional. There may be a fairly easy solution to this. We're working on long-term solutions that will expand the community's ability to control what coins and exchange they use. At the same time, provide strong competition that can put bad actors out of business. That project is more long-term though. We now have information on how many ATMs are "produced" and we think we can come up with a solution.

Currently, Dash does not function at all on our machines. Kraken API never worked but hotwallet buy and sell did. I paid SilentLennie to install and fix the wallet on our server, but the "Dash update" from General Bytes made it non-functional.
Hi Savoyard––

Thanks for the advice. It looks like Lamassu is the way to go as they support DASH.

https://lamassu.is/products/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/dash...to-bitcoin-offered-by-the-lamassu-atm-project

We'll reach out to them and let you know our experience.

Miner237

Foundation Member
May 28, 2014
I have been an old customer for years and loved their host-self policy but now they have imposed a charge on those who have a self-host server under penalty of unavailable updates. Too bad they declared 2 free updates per year for the old owners (never arrived in 2020) ... They disappointed me now I am forced to sell my machine and look for another company or maybe it would be better to auto production.

Do not buy ATM from GeneralBytes because they change their terms and apply taxes by not respecting the contracts with their old customers and they will no longer give you the opportunity to make updates unless you pay all the invoices even past.
We can co-operate a private general bytes CAS server. I still operate from a private server

Status
Not open for further replies.