• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Introduction to Dash in Estonia

Hando Tõnumaa

Introduction to Dash in Estonia

Hello, my name is Hando Tõnumaa. I run the biggest alternative media network in Estonia, we have a news website called „Telegram” (www.telegram.ee) with 61 000 unique Facebook likes (we have never made any „like” campaigns, so all these 61 000 are organic „likes”) + we put out a 100 page „Telegram” magazine 2-3 times a year. Our website gets around 15 000 visits daily but the reach with our best articles thru Facebook is up to 200 000 people (note that the population of Estonia is around 1,3 million, out of which Estonians are around 900 000). We started our operation back in January 2013, so we are almost 5 years young.

www.telegram.ee

https://www.facebook.com/telegrammeedia

I am fairly new to cryptos, only started this year but for the past 6 months I have done extensive homework on the topic and recently published my first article on cryptos, feel free to check it out with Google Translator:

http://www.telegram.ee/maailm/hando-tonumaa-kruptoraha-ja-selle-enneolematud-voimalused

The same article in Facebook has a discussion with 45 comments total. After publishing the article I have received a bunch of emails with questions on how to get started with cryptos, how to set up a wallet etc etc basic questions but also a number of more advanced questions (ICOs, security, blockchain, the future of economics etc) so that I feel I could start a video series where I could answer all these questions + do some interviews.

I can strongly relate with Dash’ worldview, for me Dash is not yet another cryptocurrency but my gut feeling tells me Dash is the ONE!

My proposal for Dash:

„Introduction of Dash to Estonia”

- weekly video with Q&A (8 videos in total – December 2017 and January 2018)

- monthly article (one in December 2017 and one in January 2018)

- Dash advertisment on the backside of the Telegram magazine due out in December 2017 (run: 5000 units)

Cost:

- 8 Dash for 8 videos

- 2 Dash for 2 articles

- 4 Dash for the Dash advertisement on the back cover of the Telegram magazine

- 2 Dash to give away (in each video I would give 0,25 Dash weekly to the best question asked – 0,25 Dash x 8 weeks = 2 Dash)

- 5 Dash proposal fee

Total: 21 Dash

Let me know what you guys think and hopefully we can make this happen. I am open to all questions, ideas, criticism etc.

Sincerely,

Hando Tõnumaa (head of Telegram.ee)

[email protected]

+372 53 992093

I'm a bit confused why nobody has commented on this yet.
This looks compelling to me. As far as I understand, Estonia is a technology savvy and very well educated country.
I have one question: If you get people interested in Dash, what options do they have to acquire Dash?

I see you have <400 subscribers on YouTube. Would the videos also be posted to your Facebook audience and on the website?

What would the magazine ad look like, what would the message be? Who would design it? For free?

I'm a bit confused why nobody has commented on this yet.
This looks compelling to me. As far as I understand, Estonia is a technology savvy and very well educated country.
I have one question: If you get people interested in Dash, what options do they have to acquire Dash?

Thank you for the feedback, yes Estonia is an innovative country in terms of technology - the largest conference on cryptos in Northern Europe „Moontec’17” is held in Estonia this December + also the president of Estonia has spoken positively on the topic of cryptocurrencies.

My answer to your question: I think the first and most important step is to raise awareness! From the philosophical aspect Dash is not just another crypto but something that will literally change the world in my opinion. That is definitely something I plan to talk and write about. But in addition to that I have in mind to make simple „Dash school” videos that are easy to understand, starting with basic first steps, setting up wallets, buying Dash – the whole nine yards. And every week I will compile all the viewer questions and will make a new video based on those questions.

I see you have <400 subscribers on YouTube. Would the videos also be posted to your Facebook audience and on the website?

What would the magazine ad look like, what would the message be? Who would design it? For free?

Great questions! I plan to publish the videos on our Telegram Facebook page as we have nearly 62 000 fans there.

https://www.facebook.com/telegrammeedia

The videos and articles will also be published on our website www.telegram.ee + the videos will be published on Telegram’s Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7vSby9Ow0BvVprv37jJ-A

For the magazine ad I have a person who does all our adds, his salary is included in the cost, so no additional costs there. The message would be something to this effect: „Dash is the first cryptocurrency with a decentralized government, Dash allows instant+private sends, easy to use for everyday business, learn more at www.dash.org + www.telegram.ee (including Dash-school videos in Estonian)”

If you get people interested in Dash, what options do they have to acquire Dash?

I guess I wasn't clear so let me be specific.
Can people in Estonia make a SEPA transfer to send Euros to Kraken and withdraw Dash?
I didn't realize Estonia used the Euro but since they do, I guess there's a good chance the answer is yes.
I just wanted to make sure that if people get excited, they have somewhere to go.

This idea sounds promising, so your plan is to advertise and at the same time to create awareness via telegram right?

Always good to be reaching new groups. You have my votes and looking forward to the proposal to go live.

I guess I wasn't clear so let me be specific.
Can people in Estonia make a SEPA transfer to send Euros to Kraken and withdraw Dash?
I didn't realize Estonia used the Euro but since they do, I guess there's a good chance the answer is yes.
I just wanted to make sure that if people get excited, they have somewhere to go.

Yes, all good with SEPA and Euro in Estonia :)

Hi. To answer masternube (since Hando himself hasn't), yes he believes the earth is flat. In fact he's one of the leading voices in that area. Not only that, but apparently SpaceX doesn't exist and Elon Musk is an actor. I'm fine with the 9/11 theories, some things you need to think about, but this guy is known for blatantly spreading false information. He is the top of conspiracy theorists in Estonia. I know, I'm Estonian. Registered with my real name to make my point come across.

Just to be clear voting for him may not be a bad idea. This guy does have legit followers. The Bitcoin intro posted above got people coming to me for help on how to buy some. So not all bad, just be aware that this guy has a history and people here know him very well.

Sorry Hando for trashing you, but this is your own work firing back. I stand for checking facts of which telegram.ee does not do. Your personal articles are the worst. At least I'm not a total asshole and didn't say this when you had already paid the 5DASH for the proposal. Also I have watched your 12 episode series "Ulmefilm" and I'm not on skeptik.ee-s side either.

Thanks a lot for chiming in Krister.
It's very good to have an Estonian perspective in the discussion.
Can you tell me a bit more about telegram.ee? Is it a community for flat earthers and other crackpots, or does Hando manage to keep that belief separate from the rest of his work?
Will Dash being advertised on telegram.ee reflect badly on Dash for most of the rest of the Estonian population, in your opinion?

Based on these answers I could still be convinced to vote yes, but not answering my question earlier reflects very badly on you, Hando.
Hando, can you please say something about this?

Hi. To answer masternube (since Hando himself hasn't), yes he believes the earth is flat. In fact he's one of the leading voices in that area. Not only that, but apparently SpaceX doesn't exist and Elon Musk is an actor. I'm fine with the 9/11 theories, some things you need to think about, but this guy is known for blatantly spreading false information. He is the top of conspiracy theorists in Estonia. I know, I'm Estonian. Registered with my real name to make my point come across.

Just to be clear voting for him may not be a bad idea. This guy does have legit followers. The Bitcoin intro posted above got people coming to me for help on how to buy some. So not all bad, just be aware that this guy has a history and people here know him very well.

Sorry Hando for trashing you, but this is your own work firing back. I stand for checking facts of which telegram.ee does not do. Your personal articles are the worst. At least I'm not a total asshole and didn't say this when you had already paid the 5DASH for the proposal. Also I have watched your 12 episode series "Ulmefilm" and I'm not on skeptik.ee-s side either.

Dear Krister, the shape of the earth or any religion for that matter is not an issue here. if you have anything personal against me, that's totally fine. if you think I am spreading false information then please present your evidence for the contrary. If you wanna call me a conspiracy theorist that's fine too but bare in mind a "conspiracy theory" is not a false information but a "theory" - another possible version"."Thanks for confirming that Telegram.ee has a solid fanbase in Estonia.
You say you have watched my documentaries (all 13 episodes), I dedicated 2 years into the productions of the documentary and I have dedicated another 5 years into making Telegram.ee one of the best known household brands in Estonia. You say people turned for your help on how to by BTC after reading MY article and I quote you "The Bitcoin intro posted above got people coming to me for help on how to buy some. So not all bad.." . You have confirmed that you agree with me on some things and disagree on other things - thats awesome! Imagine what kinda boring world it would be if everybody agreed on everything :)

Back