• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is it safe to use dashman to update 12.1 to 12.2?

I tried but it can only stop current dashd, download and extract files. But cannot start new dashd. Still need some manual actions.

Running the old dashman probably put your installation in some state the updated dashman couldn't handle.

Running on a clean 0.12.1.5 install (installed by 'dashman install') worked in my case.

If you originally installed dashd using dashman then you can upgrade with it without issues. At least I didn't run into any issues with this upgrade. But I had problems in the past when trying to update something that wasn't installed by dashman but manually.

I tried updating with dashman and didn't work, had to do manually. Boss @moocowmoo, can you please let us know?

I tried updating with dashman and didn't work, had to do manually. Boss @moocowmoo, can you please let us know?

Hi RGXDK!

"didn't work" doesn't tell me what needs fixing, but yes, if dashman didn't do the previous install, it'll usually have trouble with subsequent updates.

to pull in any dashman hotfixes before updating do:

dashman sync update -y

this runs sync on dashman, then runs update, with no prompts, with the latest dashman.

All else fails, a fresh install usually does the trick:

mv ~/.dashcore ~/.dashcore.old ; dashman install

Then delete the old directory after you've copied your conf(s)

Back