• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Let's connect Dash with the most influential EU decision makers

Support this deal

• Yes

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Hopefully I answered some general questions, but if you have any follow-up ones please don't hesitate to ask. Huge thanks to tao for the interview!
Could you please answer to my below questions too?
If you have influence, why dont you set up a dash variant from scratch, specialy designed for europe needs? The project is opensource. So in case a state decides it, it is very easy to get the code and create a state approved blockchain cryptocoin. Why dont you politicaly push towards this direction, and you want europe to adopt Dash (or bitcoin) instead?
If Dash (or bitcoin) is officialy adopted by EU, this will skyrocket these coins. Do you want to make richer the Dash generation of 2014-2016 (or the bitcoin generation of 2008-2010) who already hold more than half of the generated coins? And is this fair for the citizents who voted you as parliamentatian, and they are not cryptocurrency holders?
Whose interests do you represent in your country? All citizens interests or only the interests of the people who already hold cryptocurrencies?

My question is not about the regulation of cryptoccurencies by the state. My question is whether you think it is a nice idea for the state to compete cryptocurrencies, by creating a state sponsored cryptocurrency designed so that all generations will have equal rights and equal opportunities in it.

Last edited:
https://www.pokernews.com/news/2017...ra-cryptocurrency-regulated-banking-28827.htm

how does this fit into the budget proposal ?
will u be using dash funds then to promote bankera in these meetings or how does this all make sense ?
being on the board of an ongoing ICO and parallel asking another team / currency for money definately does not reflect well here !

Dash fully complies to aml-kyc.
Us citizents are also forced to fully comply to it.
Is this the reason why bankera does no accept US ciizents to open an account to the Bank?

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2017...ra-cryptocurrency-regulated-banking-28827.htm

will u be using dash funds then to promote bankera in these meetings or how does this all make sense ?
being on the board of an ongoing ICO and parallel asking another team / currency for money definately does not reflect well here !

Indeed, if you look at his Spectrocoin site, the only mention of dash on the front page is within a "Learn More" drop down.

But you can deposit, withdraw and exchange Dash for btc, euros and gbp (U.K. Pound sterling) within the SpectroCoin account. You can also deposit dash onto a prepaid debit card and then spend it in one of the above fiat currencies.

From what I've seen of Tony and SpectroCoin, it all seems legitimate to me.

Just my opinion of course.

:)

Btw I have actually bought a cup of coffee (in real life) using my dash SpectroCoin card. I have really done this 'mythical' thing.

It doesn't fit into the budget proposal. Out of scope. Dash would not be connected to this because this is not what Dash would be purchasing.

When dash sponsored Money 20/20 why did you not ask if the funds are being used to promote all the other companies or projects at the event, or what the event organizers are going to do with the money?

Hey TonyG,
It's nice to meet someone working to decentralise the EU. We run a blockchain incubator in Cork, Ireland and working with Dash.

We are developing decentralised technology for many use cases including payments and governance. Most recently we developed a voting card for the Parliament based on the blockchain and using cryptography. We would be happy to speak at your conference and present some of our work.

You can find some of our projects here:
www.festy.ie
www.operaincubator.com
operaincubator.slack.com
www.bitcart.io

Please let me know and send me a DM here if you wish so we can chat over Skype.

Cheers,
Graham

Bankera and SWITCH are completely different things with different goals. Not one penny out of SWITCH would ever be used to fund or promote Bankera. SWITCH was, is and always will be non profit event aimed at empowering technology such as blockchain and cryptos and the people that use them.

I find @tungfa's belligerent tone and general demeanor pretty disconcerting. He is listed as "press" on the Dash.org team page, yet he can barely put together a coherent sentence or civilized argument.

@tungfa may have a role within the Dash organization, but I'm unsure it should be so outward facing. I look forward to the professional marketing upgrade that Ryan and Evan mentioned in their open letter from two months ago. Dash is doing really well right now, but we should still be striving to operate at a higher capacity for maximum progress.

I find @tungfa's belligerent tone and general demeanor pretty disconcerting. He is listed as "press" on the Dash.org team page, yet he can barely put together a coherent sentence or civilized argument.

@tungfa may have a role within the Dash organization, but I'm unsure it should be so outward facing. I look forward to the professional marketing upgrade that Ryan and Evan mentioned in their open letter from two months ago. Dash is doing really well right now, but we should still be striving to operate at a higher capacity for maximum progress.

I happen to disagree with tungfa here but you also might want to consider this might not be the right place to air your grievance. Admittedly I don't know if you have already done anything privately, but I would imagine the team might be more likely to be receptive to your input if you don't go guns blazing on the public forum.

Just my 2 duffs

Update:

Robert Wiecko a.k.a kot will be delivering his keynote "Dash - Digital Cash" in the professional part of the event at 13:00 GMT +2. I will post livestream links on dash.org forums and Slack some time before the event. You can always message me on Slack (tonyg) if you can't find it!

Hoping for a very good keynote and a healthy discussion, please tune in!

Best,

Tony

Back