Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Proposal: Let's connect Dash with the most influential EU decision makers

Discussion in 'Pre + Budget Proposal Discussions' started by TonyG, Aug 11, 2017.

?

Support this deal

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. TonyG

TonyG New Member

Let’s connect Dash with the most influential EU decision makers and make Dash one of the most important voices of the industry

What and when

#SWITCH! - the largest international ICT and entrepreneurship event in the Baltics.

19 September in the largest indoor arena (Žalgiris arena), Kaunas, Lithuania.

http://switchit.lt/en/

#SWITCH launch to the journalists video http://switchit.lt/en/switch-promo-event/

Who

41 speakers from 16 countires: US, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Ireland, Findland, Poland Estonia, Ireland, Greece, Belgium, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg.

Most influential EU decision makers: European Parliament’s blockchain rapporteur Ms. Eva Kailli, Mr. Peter Kerstens, advisor at DG FISMA, EU Commission, EU Commissioner Mr. Vytenis Andriukaitis.

Ministers and national influencers: Minister of Finance Mr. Vilius Sapoka, Minister of Economy M. Sinkevicius, Minister of Defence Mr. R. Karoblis, Bank of Lithuania Board Member M. Jurgilas, Francois Thill, Deputy Executive Advisor, Ministry of Economy of Luxembourg.

Global companies (sponsors): Nasdaq, Google, Neflix, Oath, Swedbank, Tele2, Dell, DXC Technology.

15.000 participants

What we offer

1. Make Dash the voice of the industry

· Key note speech at #SWITCH Professionals part of the event. Target audience 2000 EU high level decision makers, ministers of national governments, global and national business professionals, and startups community.

· Direct contacts with EU decision makers who are responsible for the EU’s blockchain direction: European Parliament’s blockchain rapporteur Ms. Eva Kailli, Ms. Peter Kerstens, advisor at DG FISMA.

· Direct contacts with Lithuania’s decision makers directly responsible for politics in fintech area: Minister of Economy Mr. Mindaugas Sinkevičius, Minister of Finance Vilius Šapoka, Bank of Lithuania Board Member.

· Direct contacts with the tech students and representatives of their professors.

2. Key note speech at #SWITCH Youth part.

Target audience 10.000 tech enthusiasts and potential Dash users. This part will be live streamed by the national television LRT.

3. Booth at #SWITCH! Tech zone

Possibily to demonstrate Dash user experience for new potential users. Target audience #SWITCH! Professionals and #SWITCH! Youth audience.

4. #SWITCH! Blockchain Hackathon

Possibility for Dash community members to participate at #SWITCH! Hackathon on Blockchain.

5. #SWITCH! Dash workshop

Dedicated venue for Dash workshop to explain to the newusers what’s Dash and demonstrate Dash possibilities.

6. Paid travel and accommodation expenses

#SWITCH! will reimburse travel and accommodation expenses for Dash speakers and Dash community participants at #SWITCH! Hackathon.

7. Personal invitations to the VIP digital networking event

#SWITCH! VIP digital networking event will be attended by the high level speakers, high level representatives from the tech companies and public sector (in total up to 200 participants will be invited).

8. Communication campaign before #SWITCH event:

· Dash logo in LRT TV advertisement (50 clips in 3 weeks, 1,1-1,3 mln reach);

· Press release or Dash chosen topic publication (interview with Dash representative or the topical text prepared by the PR agency and sent out to the tech and business news portals, press, tv and radio channels);

· Dash logo in #SWITCH! website http://switchit.lt/en/ . Banners campaign (news portals, FB, adnet platform) will direct users to switchit.lt. Estimated reach of various campaigns: banners for youth audience – 1,9 mln. reach, banners for the professionals audience – 1,1 mln reach.

· Dash logo in outdoor campaign posters in five cities (58 stations showcases in Vilnius, Kaunas, Šiauliai, Panevėžys, Alytus – 4 weeks);

· Dash logo in monthly business journal IQ ad layout (size A4);

· Mentioning Dash name in on-demand publications and initiation of the interviews for the tech and business press;

· Opinion editorial on the blockchain technology and Dash role in fostering the industry for the European news portal (e.g. New Europe, Politico or other).

· Mentioning Dash in the press release and invitation for the foreign media to the event.

· Mentioning Dash in Facebook event description;

· 2-3 special Facebook posts with your chosen topic in SWITCH Facebook page www.facebook.com/SwitchLietuva (8900 followers), ensuring minimum 10 k reach per post;

· TonyG posts about Dash in his Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin accounts: www.facebook.com/tonyguoga (105,9 k followers), www.twitter.com/tonyguoga (67,9 k followers), https://www.linkedin.com/in/antanasguoga/ (4725 connections).

What we ask for

We ask Dash to sponsor SWITCH up to the value of 200 dash. Payment after event.

#SWITCH! results in the years of 2015 and 2016

· Thousands participants from business and among young people: from 6000 participants in the year 2015 to 10 000 participants in the year of 2016.

· Inspiration, knowledge for business: cybersecurity, EFSI, app economy, drones, e-government, the forth Industrial revolution, e-healthcare, internet of things and many others.

· Strong message to Europe and the whole world about openness to innovations:

# Keynote - Andrus Ansip, Vice-President of the European Commission at the opening panel;

# Uber attended #SWITCH! and 4 weeks after established their office in Vilnius - the fastest office opening of UBER globally!;

# Facebook and its business delegation appearance for the first time in Lithuania by the courtesy of #SWITCH!;

# Reached the Guinness World Record of the biggest programming lesson in the world;

# 170 speakers from 15 countries: Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, King, etc.

· Media coverage: more than 300 positive publications, TV shows supporting the strengthening of innovative technologies sector.

The organizer

Antanas Guoga (TonyG) is an entrepreneur, Lithuanian member of the European Parliament, philanthropist, public CIO to the Mayor of Vilnius, Remigijus Šimašius. TonyG is entrepreneurship enabler, venture capitalist who invests in start-ups in the digital area. Known an opinion leader for his efforts to promote a better climate for entrepreneurship and improving conditions for business opportunities. He is well-known promoter and advocate of blockchain technology and crypto-currencies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI95Dw3bmt4

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2016/04/25/7886/#34aba6fd6056

http://www.coindesk.com/european-parliament-member-blockchain-get-some-bitcoins/

http://www.toutiao.com/i6277348855436542465/

In 2015 TonyG was included in the POLITICO 28 list. The European affairs weekly newspaper chose one person from each of the European Union's 28 member-states who is shaping, shaking and stirring Europe. In 2016 TonyG was included in the POLITICO 40 list as one of the most influential Members of the European Parliament.

TonyG is a committed philanthropist. He is the only member of the European Parliament and Lithuanian entrepreneur to be included in the TOP 200 list of Philanthropists and Social Entrepreneurs, compiled by the positive content portal Richtopia. He has donated part of his income more than a decade in various countries he worked or lived: Australia (donated 0,5 mln. dollars to the cancer foundation), Russia (donated 250 k dollars for the renovations of the orphanage close to Moscow), Lithuania, and other. One of the main priorities of A. Guoga is to promote youth entrepreneurship. He is constantly motivating young people to create companies and jobs for themselves by entering the digital market. This was one of the main topics of his event on ICT and entrepreneurship #SWTICH! that MEP Guoga has organized three years in a row. The Lithuanian MEP is ambassador for Coder Dojo and entrepreneurship education and e-skills in Lithuania. Thousands of Lithuanian children have already learned the first steps of coding via these projects. #SWTICH! and Mr. Guoga became the holder of the Guinness World Record title for the biggest programming lesson in the world with 712 kids coding in one room in 2016.

#1 TonyG, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. splawik21

splawik21 Well-known Member
    Dash Core Group Foundation Member

That would be easy yes vote without hesitation.
    Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Uppercut

Uppercut New Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

I'm in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. blockchaintech

blockchaintech New Member

Hello Tony, welcome again.

First of all, I wanted to thank you as a European, you think again that Dash, can be something big and that Europe can not get lost.

An interesting note to keep in mind, which I suppose you do not know:

Dash is the only cryptocurrency that has roadmap keep in mind the rules kyc / aml.

Https://www.dash.org/news/dash-adds-full-support-for-amlkyc-compliance-with-coinfirm/

As a member of the European Parliament, you will know that in the Parliament they have the focus on this matter.

So it's important for the event to know that Dash has thought about it.

I just wanted to remind you.

I will vote yes, to the proposal obviously.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TonyG

TonyG New Member

Yes, the European Parliament has the focus on your mentioned matter. However, Dash can choose to be a spectator or participate in the discussion. I love this technology and I believe that together with Dash we can shift the discussion towards the positive side but for that we need strong input from the community

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
    Cryptocurrencies are not initially ment to cooperate with parliamentarians. They are ment to compete and destroy them. I dont know you personally, but I know that the parliamentarians are snakes in general.

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

I only hope that you are the troyan horse of the cryptos, and not the troyan horse of the parliamentarians. Hope dies last.

<vote history>
    Support this deal
    Yes 12 vote(s) 92.3%
    No 1 vote(s) 7.7%
    </vote history>

#6 demo, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    Do you know what @GrandMasterDash thinks about it?

Dash is the only cryptocurrency which officialy betrayed one of the core values of cryptos.
    Privacy was always considered as more important than Transparency, and this was a core value of cryptos initiated from the very beginning.
    As long as there is a decision to fully comply with coinfirm, Dash should be renamed to visiblecurrency rather than cryptocurrency.

#7 demo, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  8. TonyG

TonyG New Member

Here is me on the record: https://www.coindesk.com/european-parliament-member-blockchain-get-some-bitcoins/

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. blockchaintech

blockchaintech New Member

Dash is private, at the moment the privatesend is triggered.
    With Dash, the user can choose their level of privacy. In bitcoin, that choice does not exist today.

If we want Dash to be 'Digital Cash', we have to look for ways to make our product become mainstream.

And for that to happen you have to keep in mind the international laws.
    The exchanges are meeting aml-kyc and in Europe it is not yet mandatory.

Users can decide whether to use exchange or use other means to get cryptocurrencies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TonyG

TonyG New Member

Well said. I think that it is necessary to have such discussions, so we could come up with some good ideas. I believe that Dash is on a good road to become mainstream 'Digital Cash'.

11. TonyG

TonyG New Member

Guys thank you so much for the invaluable discussion. I do believe also that Dash has the potential to become a full blown Digital Cash.

Please also note that the proposal is now officially formal, you can vote on https://www.dashcentral.org/p/connectDashwithEUdecisionmakers.

Thank you everyone for their support and hoping to see you in Kaunas on September 19th.

Best,

Tony

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Sleepyforages

Sleepyforages New Member

Don't forget, that we are living in the real world and not digital. And this world has its rules and infrastructure and environment and a lot of stuff which is out of the digital world.
    So though the idea of Digital Currency is great, some time must pass before it comes to life. I mean will cover the whole world and all it's areas.

What I am trying to say is that to implement the idea of decentralization in the world we need to find a way to make it accessible for almost everyone and only then change the rules of a game.
    In other case we will always fight the ghost of the old world, bureaucrats, banks and all the rockefellers.

So count me in!

• Like Like x 1
  13. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    Your first sentence is correct. If you want Dash to be 'Digital Cash', you have to look for ways to make your product become mainstream.

But then, for that to happen you have not only to keep in mind but also sometimes to evade the international laws.

If aml-kyc is not mandatory in Europe, then why Dash added full support for aml-kyc compliance?
    Shouldnt you have created a european version of Dash, which does not comply to aml-kyc?
    But you didnt do that, because...

Why you force european Dashers to fully comply to aml-kyc? Shouldn't you have created a filter, and all transactions of states that are not aml-kyc compliant to differenciate from the aml--kyc transactions, and thus to make it impossible for the coinfirm to classify them?

You may say, how can I distinguish that a Dasher is a European?
    Well, here comes again the proof of individuality.

#13 demo, Aug 14, 2017 at 12:00 PM
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 12:38 PM
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  14. CaptAhab

CaptAhab Member

Dash Address:
    XwUeFiUQz1qLurzcpzKBDUTPvj1Tzx3FYs
    I am very uncertain about this proposal. As a MEP in the EU parliament you are paid very well, to promote things as you see fit, on their merit. Not to promote things because you are paid to by third parties. That smells of corruption. This cant be right and I am sure i have misunderstood your proposal, as who would ask for money so openly in public office. Especially saying you don't want paying till after the event to perhaps avoid declarations of interest. I don't mean to slander but i don't get it. Is the Dash going to you or the event?

#14 CaptAhab, Aug 14, 2017 at 9:46 PM
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 1:02 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TonyG

TonyG New Member

I am a politician, however for your information I am not taking my salary as a MEP and give it every month to a charity. I support digital skills and innovation that is why ICT and entrepreneurship event #SWITCH! which is free and non-commercial event was created in the first place. My goal is to bring innovation to Baltic Region, so it could use its full potential in the digital area. That is why I want DASH to be a part of it.

16. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    If you have influence, why dont you set up a dash variant from scratch, specialy designed for europe needs? The project is opensource. So in case a state decides it, it is very easy to get the code and create a state approved blockchain cryptocoin. Why dont you politicaly push towards this direction, and you want europe to adopt Dash (or bitcoin) instead?

If Dash (or bitcoin) is officialy adopted by EU, this will skyrocket these coins. Do you want to make richer the Dash generation of 2014-2016 (or the bitcoin generation of 2008-2010) who already hold more than half of the generated coins? And is this fair for the citizents who voted you as parliamentatian, and they are not cryptocurrency holders?

Whose interests do you represent in your country? All citizens interests or only the interests of the people who already hold cryptocurrencies?

#16 demo, Aug 16, 2017 at 1:30 PM
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 1:47 PM
    • Trolling Trolling x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1