• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Let's connect Dash with the most influential EU decision makers

Support this deal

• Yes

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Hello Tony, welcome again.

First of all, I wanted to thank you as a European, you think again that Dash, can be something big and that Europe can not get lost.

An interesting note to keep in mind, which I suppose you do not know:

Dash is the only cryptocurrency that has roadmap keep in mind the rules kyc / aml.

Https://www.dash.org/news/dash-adds-full-support-for-amlkyc-compliance-with-coinfirm/

As a member of the European Parliament, you will know that in the Parliament they have the focus on this matter.

So it's important for the event to know that Dash has thought about it.

I just wanted to remind you.

I will vote yes, to the proposal obviously.

Yes, the European Parliament has the focus on your mentioned matter. However, Dash can choose to be a spectator or participate in the discussion. I love this technology and I believe that together with Dash we can shift the discussion towards the positive side but for that we need strong input from the community

Yes, the European Parliament has the focus on your mentioned matter. However, Dash can choose to be a spectator or participate in the discussion. I love this technology and I believe that together with Dash we can shift the discussion towards the positive side but for that we need strong input from the community

Cryptocurrencies are not initially ment to cooperate with parliamentarians. They are ment to compete and destroy them. I dont know you personally, but I know that the parliamentarians are snakes in general.

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

I only hope that you are the troyan horse of the cryptos, and not the troyan horse of the parliamentarians. Hope dies last.

<vote history>
Support this deal
Yes 12 vote(s) 92.3%
No 1 vote(s) 7.7%
</vote history>

Last edited:
Dash is the only cryptocurrency that has roadmap keep in mind the rules kyc / aml.

Https://www.dash.org/news/dash-adds-full-support-for-amlkyc-compliance-with-coinfirm/

Do you know what @GrandMasterDash thinks about it?

Dash is the only cryptocurrency which officialy betrayed one of the core values of cryptos.
Privacy was always considered as more important than Transparency, and this was a core value of cryptos initiated from the very beginning.
As long as there is a decision to fully comply with coinfirm, Dash should be renamed to visiblecurrency rather than cryptocurrency.

Last edited:
Cryptocurrencies are not initially ment to cooperate with parliamentarians. They are ment to compete and destroy them. I dont know you personally, but I know that the parliamentarians are snakes in general.

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

I only hope that you are the troyan horse of the cryptos, and not the troyan horse of the parliamentarians. Hope dies last.

<vote history>
Support this deal
Yes 12 vote(s) 92.3%
No 1 vote(s) 7.7%
</vote history>
Here is me on the record: https://www.coindesk.com/european-parliament-member-blockchain-get-some-bitcoins/

Do you know what @GrandMasterDash thinks about it?

Dash is the only cryptocurrency which officialy betrayed one of the core values of cryptos.
Privacy was always considered as more important than Transparency, and this was a core value of cryptos initiated from the very beginning.
As long as there is a decision to fully comply with coinfirm, Dash should be renamed to visiblecurrency rather than cryptocurrency.

Dash is private, at the moment the privatesend is triggered.
With Dash, the user can choose their level of privacy. In bitcoin, that choice does not exist today.

If we want Dash to be 'Digital Cash', we have to look for ways to make our product become mainstream.

And for that to happen you have to keep in mind the international laws.
The exchanges are meeting aml-kyc and in Europe it is not yet mandatory.

Users can decide whether to use exchange or use other means to get cryptocurrencies.

Dash is private, at the moment the privatesend is triggered.
With Dash, the user can choose their level of privacy. In bitcoin, that choice does not exist today.

If we want Dash to be 'Digital Cash', we have to look for ways to make our product become mainstream.

Users can decide whether to use exchange or use other means to get cryptocurrencies.

Well said. I think that it is necessary to have such discussions, so we could come up with some good ideas. I believe that Dash is on a good road to become mainstream 'Digital Cash'.

Don't forget, that we are living in the real world and not digital. And this world has its rules and infrastructure and environment and a lot of stuff which is out of the digital world.
So though the idea of Digital Currency is great, some time must pass before it comes to life. I mean will cover the whole world and all it's areas.

What I am trying to say is that to implement the idea of decentralization in the world we need to find a way to make it accessible for almost everyone and only then change the rules of a game.
In other case we will always fight the ghost of the old world, bureaucrats, banks and all the rockefellers.

So count me in!

Your first sentence is correct. If you want Dash to be 'Digital Cash', you have to look for ways to make your product become mainstream.

But then, for that to happen you have not only to keep in mind but also sometimes to evade the international laws.

If aml-kyc is not mandatory in Europe, then why Dash added full support for aml-kyc compliance?
Shouldnt you have created a european version of Dash, which does not comply to aml-kyc?
But you didnt do that, because...

Dash is designed to be a state dependant currency and to be easily banned by the state in case of emergency, because those were the imposed requirements. Dash may be temporarily used as a Troyan horse in order to attack foreign countries economies, but it shouldnt hurt the monetary system of the primary state which controls Dash. This is the underlying reason why the maximum number of the masternodes has been set to 10000 static IPs. Everything should be under control, and in case of emergency the total ban of the Dash network should be three clicks away.

Why you force european Dashers to fully comply to aml-kyc? Shouldn't you have created a filter, and all transactions of states that are not aml-kyc compliant to differenciate from the aml--kyc transactions, and thus to make it impossible for the coinfirm to classify them?

You may say, how can I distinguish that a Dasher is a European?
Well, here comes again the proof of individuality.

Last edited:
I am very uncertain about this proposal. As a MEP in the EU parliament you are paid very well, to promote things as you see fit, on their merit. Not to promote things because you are paid to by third parties. That smells of corruption. This cant be right and I am sure i have misunderstood your proposal, as who would ask for money so openly in public office. Especially saying you don't want paying till after the event to perhaps avoid declarations of interest. I don't mean to slander but i don't get it. Is the Dash going to you or the event?

Last edited:
I am very uncertain about this proposal. As a MEP in the EU parliament you are paid very well, to promote things as you see fit, on their merit. Not to promote things because you are paid to by third parties. That smells of corruption. This cant be right and I am sure i have misunderstood your proposal, as who would ask for money so openly in public office. Especially saying you don't want paying till after the event to perhaps avoid declarations of interest. I don't mean to slander but i don't get it. Is the Dash going to you or the event?

I am a politician, however for your information I am not taking my salary as a MEP and give it every month to a charity. I support digital skills and innovation that is why ICT and entrepreneurship event #SWITCH! which is free and non-commercial event was created in the first place. My goal is to bring innovation to Baltic Region, so it could use its full potential in the digital area. That is why I want DASH to be a part of it.

I am a politician, however for your information I am not taking my salary as a MEP and give it every month to a charity. I support digital skills and innovation that is why ICT and entrepreneurship event #SWITCH! which is free and non-commercial event was created in the first place. My goal is to bring innovation to Baltic Region, so it could use its full potential in the digital area. That is why I want DASH to be a part of it.

If you have influence, why dont you set up a dash variant from scratch, specialy designed for europe needs? The project is opensource. So in case a state decides it, it is very easy to get the code and create a state approved blockchain cryptocoin. Why dont you politicaly push towards this direction, and you want europe to adopt Dash (or bitcoin) instead?

If Dash (or bitcoin) is officialy adopted by EU, this will skyrocket these coins. Do you want to make richer the Dash generation of 2014-2016 (or the bitcoin generation of 2008-2010) who already hold more than half of the generated coins? And is this fair for the citizents who voted you as parliamentatian, and they are not cryptocurrency holders?

Whose interests do you represent in your country? All citizens interests or only the interests of the people who already hold cryptocurrencies?

Last edited:
Hi again guys. Please check my interview with tao from Cash Alternative TV regarding crypto in general, Dash and this proposal among other things!

Hopefully I answered some general questions, but if you have any follow-up ones please don't hesitate to ask. Huge thanks to tao for the interview!

Best,

Tony

Back