• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashPay Point-of-Sale

Would you support this proposal if it was submitted?

• Yes

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Yes, with some changes

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
This proposal has got my votes BTW. Just like @camosoul and @Solarminer had my votes on the vendor experience proposal that didn't get past the post on that occasion (as extensively documented by camosoul above). The bottom line is that - at the time - the network consensus a) didn't think the time was right for this kind of project, b) didn't think the length of 99 months of payments and 'ongoing nature' of the project was appropriate. It was nothing to do with consipiracies..

Your proposal looks like it has the legs though so good luck with it and I look forward to seeing how it goes :)

Cheers

Walter

P.S. Don't take @camosoul personally, he seems to think there's a conspiracy against him or something :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If i want to open the first Dash House basically a trading house for crypto's a small booth :p is this possible /viable?
Also cant we make a voice chat for forum members to discuss more openly with several rooms and if someone who has good knowledge inside crypto's could help me especially someone with technical knowledge reading without discussing gets me nowhere :D

Last edited:
They just want to look like the keyboard warrior that won some silly fight on the Internet... This is what they imagine to be the ultimate prize, because it's all they've ever known.
3 rebuttal posts? U MAD BRO?

There's no way to get your foot out of your mouth on this one @Walter - acting like a snowflake gets you snowflake status, the fact that you're older only serves how much worse. How long did it take you to find it? - good day [/fez].
They just want to look like the keyboard warrior that won some silly fight on the Internet... This is what they imagine to be the ultimate prize, because it's all they've ever known.

BTT because this is the most important project thus far proposed. I knew I was not the right person for the job, and said so on multiple occasions. I was willing to push myself to the task simply because it needed done and nobody was doing it. The MNs were unwilling to pay even a fraction of what I'd have to give up to do it, while rubber-stamping pork/scams left and right... The slander and misinfirmation that came out of @babygiraffe @Minotaur and to a lesser extent, @eduffield was spit in the eye after how hard we worked for the dashvend, proved our worth, only to be told it was worthless, and find out they were the very people who tried to keep the dashvend out of the Miami conference. Where is it now? After that, everyone I approached saw the spectacle of such extreme foolishness. I washed my hands of it. DASH needs to grow up if it wants business to take it seriously.

I'm glad the right person finally showed up willing to work for peanuts; I hope it's salvageable 2 years past the expiration date, and makes him some money on the other end...

Shall we expect the official proposal post Feb5?

Last edited:
Get 1000 POS send 100 to 10 cities make a team of 2 or 4 and sell them in each city and sell the POS inform the public one thing I Hate about this is the conversations of the people that want to get involved but all they see is ranting in forums I think this needs to change to another way of talking like youtube livestream or smething we need faces we need proper ccomunication and people to keep an eye out for the community and I MEAN SEVERAL PEOPLE community will only work if the cmmunity itself is healthy
Once the POS is released, you are more than welcome to get something like this going!

There's so much crossover between these two projects, it'd be great to see this payment processor used for the back-end of this POS system. I'm very familiar with the platform and happy to advise if needed :)
Lots of crossover here, for sure! Been looking at the documentation. So far, the backend that nitya has built has some other features that I like built in (multiple permission levels, and back office tools/analytics), but there isn't a reason that this can't easily be made to work with either one! Especially being released under the license that we will be using.

This proposal has got my votes BTW.
Thanks! It's good to know I have the support

Your proposal looks like it has the legs though so good luck with it and I look forward to seeing how it goes :)
Again, thanks - we tried to work out most of the conceptual stuff for this stage of the project, even before the pre-poposal.

Since there are 2 of us working on it, we have moved pretty quickly so far. Also, nitya is brilliant - so when we run across issues they are usually resolved pretty quickly.

BTT because this is the most important project thus far proposed. I knew I was not the right person for the job, and said so on multiple occasions.
Thanks! We think it's pretty important too. In my mind, instant transactions are a killer feature of DASH - and the importance they have to the practicality of a REAL feasible crypto system is huge.

Can it take credit/debit card payments and exchange them into Dash?

TL;DR: No, the POS does not have any wallet functionality.

This kind of works in the opposite direction - takes Dash (and in the future, will exchange to fiat for the merchant).

To work in the opposite way is possible, but it's much easier to accomplish even today by using existing credit card processors. Imagine this scenario:
I'm a merchant, and you want Dash. I use the "square" app on my phone and charge you the current market price for 1 Dash (plus my fee), and then I send you 1 Dash from my wallet to yours.

The thing about this POS is...it's not a wallet. We chose this route to keep funds more secure from, say, employees and such. The POS only generates addresses to a wallet that you own elsewhere (could be on the same device).
The other thing about this POS is...it's open source! So if you want to add that functionality, or have a developer add that functionality - it's totally up to you!

I hope this answers your question.

I'm a merchant, and you want Dash. I use the "square" app on my phone and charge you the current market price for 1 Dash (plus my fee), and then I send you 1 Dash from my wallet to yours.

I hope this answers your question.

This approach is amazing, but of course the banks well over a year ago included this exact pathway as a clear violation of the "terms of service" of every credit card processor/underwriter in the business. Without merchants getting a clear incentive to risk their payment gateway.......getting any company/merchant of significance to try it will be a very hard up hill battle.

Yeah, all I want is a way to take payments like square and directly exchange it for dash anonymously. Would be pretty sweet. I currently run a service business and I use square. Thing is, I don't like my government knowing what goes on with me and my finances.. They're criminals... I want to move out of my home country hopefully within the next 5 years. ;_;

Any idea of release date?
Can I get involved in beta testing?
Who will produce and sell the standalone terminals?

Any idea of release date?
Can I get involved in beta testing?
Who will produce and sell the standalone terminals?

Hey, release date is dependant on wallet situation. We did not realize the state of HD wallets when beginning this project. The POS itself can pretty much be released at any time - just waiting on the wallet stuff. In the mean time, we've been adding features (language translation, multi currency, etc).

Yes, you can get involved in beta testing - on Dash Nation slack, find the #dashpay_pos_beta room and shoot me a message.

We plan to produce and sell the terminals at cost

Back